Minor/Repaint: TFTM Stryker (Wreckage Repaint)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by shade 0066, May 24, 2007.

1. shade 0066

shade 0066 Live Fast, Drive Faster!

Well I decided that the autobots were out numbered and sence Movie Wreckage needed a repaint I might as well create a new member to their team. I call him Stryker, sence the name of the transport Alt. mode seemed to fit perfectly. Over all I'm happy with the way he turned out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The green is accualy alot darker in person, but seems bright because of the flash and the crappy 5 year old digital camera.

Background:
    Basicaly he is there to get the job done. Raised all of his life to be the best soilder he can be he always completes the mission objective. Skilled in close combat he uses twin energon blades to take out his opponentes one by one or all at once if they wish. Like the vehicile he represents he can change to suit his particular mission though he perfers to be a ninja like warrior.

2. shade 0066

What nobody likes it?

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sorry. I saw your thread earlyer, and was going to post after you put up pictures, and didn't notice that you did until now, lol. It looks good. The green reminds me of the Classics 2-pack Megatron for some reason. Good work with it, and keep it up.

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Needs more details in vehicle mode instead of being straight green. Love the robot mode!

Should be pretty cool.

5. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

I think its pretty cool

Its what it really needed actually

In case people dont know what the vehicle is here ya go
    [​IMG]

6. shade 0066

I don't know what details to put on it. I wanted it to be pretty close to the real thing and sence the real thing is pretty basic in terms of detail I kept it pretty simple. But if you have suggestions throw them out.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Well....you could add some "battle damabe" to it, so that it doesn't look so squeaky clean.

8. shade 0066

Im not really into battle damage. Well that and I dont know how to do it. maybe i could give it some dirt.

I thought about doing a blackwash (did I get that right) to give it an older look, but again I dont know how to do it.

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, if the green's darker in person, I guess it's great!

10. shade 0066

The green is really close the the Classics Megs in the 2-pack. And for some reason it has a cool texture that you cant see in the pics.

11. machinegeist

machinegeist Victory not Vengeance

looks good, i would either blackwash or maybe drybrush him to get the details to come out more. Good job man.

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Hey dude, since you asked, doing a wash and doing battle damage is really easy. Here are two techniques:

A "wash" is accomplished by, essentially, giving the kit a light "wash" of watered-down paint. Pick up either a brown or a black ACRYLIC (water-wash) paint at the local hobby store (I use the Ral Partha RPG paints.) Pour yourself a glass of water and pick out a nice mid-sized brush (any of the regular Testors' white ones will do.) Dip your brush in the paint, then in the water, then "thin out" the paint/water solution on your brush by applying a few dabs to some newspaper. You want the paint/water solution to be niiiice and watery. Then, start painting over the model kit. Remember: You can always add a darker wash if you want, but you can't take away a wash as easily. I'd suggest experimenting on spare model kit parts first.

Also, dry brush weathering is, essentially, the exact opposite - take that same can of black or brown paint, dry off your brush a lot, then get just the tip of the brush wet with some paint. Dab the paintbrush onto newspaper for a while, until there's barely any paint going from the brush to the newspaper. Then, you can start painting your dude (make sure all other paints on him are dry, first!) Different techniques - dabbing a bunch of dry-brush paint in one area, "streaking" the dry brush across the character, etc. - will give you different weathering effects.

Hope that helps! I have to agree with everyone, too - since he's a movie toy, and he's a military vehicle, he certainly would look better with some weathering. Good luck.

13. shade 0066

Thanks Ops, I'll give it a try.

14. SlayerDarkCross

You could also give it an Iraq like weathering

Just kinda like sand blasted mostly around the wheels

[​IMG]

15. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Looks good, but it does need more details then just the forrest green. I had an idea for a similar paint scheme, but darker and with camo details. I think we will eventually see a repaint like that.

16. SlayerDarkCross

The Stryker doesn't really have a multi colored camo like the Abhrams would. I think the best thing he can do is keep the forest green and add weathering and my previous suggestion.

17. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    That looks pretty cool! See if you can't get your hands on a Gundam marker, and do some paneling lines...I dunno. I'm new to this whole kitbashing thing, so what do I know?

One thing, though, and I say this with as much respect as I can...

It's since, not sence... ;) 

Not trying to be a douche, just trying to help! :D 

18. IRONHIDE 2007

IRONHIDE 2007 POWER ISN'T EVERTHING!

I wish I could buy it,it rocks!

19. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

This is awesome this is kinda like I want to do it, but I call him Salvage, he's more like Ratchet but this is a wip kinda deal, but other than that I like it. WOW!!

20. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

Interesting, your Wreckage repaint reminds me of one of the scrapped movie designs I saw at the Hasbro Tour.

[​IMG]