TFTM Stockade

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ThinkTank Customs, Jan 11, 2008.

1. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    At first, i must this is my very first review for a toy, please don't kill me if there's something wrong :) 

It's translatet to english by Philister, thank's for that!

Full Review (like here) is postet on Philister Website, ther are also some Pictures:

http://www.transformers-universe.com/include.php?path=content/articles.php&contentid=1158

Robot Mode: The first thing I noticed is that Stockade is the fastest-transformed Deluxe figure from the Movie line. Seven short steps and he's finished (less than sixty seconds). Hasbro calls him difficulty 3, though whereas Dropkick is only a 2. Hasbro logic.

He's as posable as Dropkick, but his appearance is a lot stockier. He's also a good deal shorter. His articulate hands are pretty nifty. Two of the three fingers on each hand are individually posable. Philister would be thrilled :) D). The arms can be elongated to twice their length, making for a gorilla- or boxer-like appearance.

On one hand I really like that, but on the other I'm a bit disappointed that the arms can't shoot out with a trigger, that way you could really knock Optimus onto his skidplate. Big laugh! I also really like the head, there is something very special about it.

Vehicle Mode: The vehicle mode often "tells" of the mistake made during Transformation into the alt mode. Because everything is shaky and doesn't really fit together. What does that tell us? Hasbro henchmen working working the assembly line can't transform figures properly. Big laugh! Only after a bit of fiddling does the vehicle mode fit together nice and stable.

The alt mode makes a good impression and has nice features, such as the trunk. I'd have preferred the luggage rack on top to be black or chrome, because it seems a little out of place. All in all, though, a satisfying alt mode.

Conclusion: A fully developed Transformer with a good alt mode and a better robot mode.

2. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thank you for the review. I am looking forward to this figure :) 

3. brawl 56

brawl 56 Aw..crap!

News Credits:
    Yeah, nice review thanks a lot LimeWire for this review!

.....I....want.....this.......toy......:thumbs2: 

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I was planning on getting him, stripping the con symbols and making him into a 'bot...but that pic with Dropkick makes them look too good together.

Now my only concern is if I can get him to hold a gun or not...

5. Philister

Philister Teutonicons Rising!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was my pleasure. ;) 

6. bran10

bran10 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review and philister... with the somewhat cons about this figure, brings down my excitement for ths figure just a tad, still picking it up though!

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have dreams about getting this toy at nights.

8. Sycia

Sycia Draconian Faction

:D  One of the few movie toys I'm really loving. Placed me preorder on the Takara version of him months ago!

9. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Another allspark power line winner!

10. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    Stockade was a must-get for me... and still is! :rock 

11. BumblePrime13

BumblePrime13 Makai Knight

Does the head remind anyone alse a tiny bit of Wheeljack?But without the Flashin ear light things on the side of his head.I wonder if we'll get him in the UK...

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SUV mode is great. I like how the trunk opens somewhat like a real SUV. Great detailing all over this figure. Transformation is not too complicated, but the resulting brutish bot looks pretty cool. I like his head sculpt, but he can't turn his head very far left and right. Arms move pretty good, and the punching gimmick is kind of cool. It's not spring-loaded, so no worries about it jamming later. He has cool articulated fingers. His proportions definitely give the vibe of a Con who kicks ass, and takes names later. The ankles are a little loose on mine, but not too big a deal. I wish he had a gun, or some kind of weapon other than the fists. Another cool addition to the movie line! Here's a pic of Stockade punching out that punk Landmine, while Scorpie laughs about it:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  13. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Awesome pic, Cataclizm1!

14. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

I can't wait to see him. He's got great aesthetics.

15. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Stockade also wins the "least obtrusive use of Allspark blue" contest, too. It always looked like a purposeful color scheme choice, instead of a gimmicky add on.

16. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    I have had Stockade for a couple of days now. Stockades vehicle form is based on a SUV type vehicle used in the movie. The detailing on the car is superb, and the vehicle feels very smooth and tidy having no robot parts hanging off of it; which is something I look for in a Transformers alternate mode. This figure easily beats the Concept Bumblebee with it's unique and stylish design.

Stockades transformation is the fun part in this figure. His transformation is very easy while still being surprisingly interesting and very well executed. Absolutely no problems in transforming him back into his vehicle mode.

In Stockades robot mode we get to see the wonderful Allspark blue we all love so much. It actually works very well with the figure and with the other colours used on him. Stockades posability is very limited but I really couldn't care less about it on this figure because his look makes up for it.

Stockade is most definately the best Deluxe out of the whole movie line.

Vehicle mode: 10/10
    Transformation: 10/10
    Robot mode: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10

17. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    I have tried to let Stockade holding the gun/rifle from TRU exclusive G1 Optimus Prime (2packs in one) with that crappy megatron (tank).

18. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice vehicle mode on this one. Looks pretty good even with all the transformation panel lines. My only gripe here is that I wish those rear-side windows weren't solid and matched the rest of the translucent blue windows.

Transformation is unique but really simple, so much so that it kinda left me feeling a bit cheated for a $10 bot.

Robot mode looks great. The aesthetic is done very well and I really appreciate that the gimmick on this one blends in with that instead of feeling tacked on or, conversely, like the whole toy was based around it. The kibble is actually pretty unobtrusive save for the flaps on his hands which look kinda dumb. Would have been nice if those could have had an extra bend or twist so that they could lay flush against the outside of his forearm. I guess that'll be for the modders to take care of. He's also pretty posable but again, there is room for improvement. Mid-arm/leg swivels would have done wonders for this guy.

All in all my feelings on Stockade are that he was a really cool figure that just didn't fully mature. Pretty much room for improvement everywhere, yet, he's not bad in any particular way either. All in all a solid figure all around but not the best in the movie line.

Dropkick > Landmine > Bumblebee (08) > Longarm > Stockade

19. prowl007

prowl007 Axisjump

I think stockade is one of the best Tf Mov. Toy, main reasons being that he is nicely articulated with good design but most of all how Stockade has the ability to withstand multiple bumpings of my shelf where as other tfs would just fall over.

20. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I don't know, I still think Evac makes excellent use of it.