Heavy/Scratch: TFTM Shockwave

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Kouri, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Still a long way to go, but I think enough's been done to get some feedback/suggestions. The design is based on the PSP version of Shockwave (The consoles had a different bot design and he didn't even show up in the DS copy).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The head's been replaced with Payload, though Swindle would probably be a simple headswap. I used what I had lying around. ^^; The treads have come off the shoulder and now sit behind the calf - while still being able to transform. The legs bits had to be modified to allow the treads to rotate all the way in back of the legs. He also lost a hand. XP

Aside from prep n paint, what's left to do is fix up the gunarm and remove the backpack. The lower portion will be added onto his shoulders to give them the game design's boxy feel. I'm not really too sure of what's going to become the upper portion yet. If I can get ahold of some better hands (which I should be), then that claw's getting replaced. The head probably needs some major re-tooling.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Lookin real good so far.:thumb 

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude! That's awesome!

Are you gonna alter the chest any?

4. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    It might be possible to rework the mechanism that automorphs the head into place to also move a chest piece over. If it works, it would give me something to hide the larger head in alt mode. ^^ Thanks for the idea!

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Sweet.

Now I want to see someone do it with Leader Brawl (with the addition of an oversized head)

6. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Great work so far! I'd like to see more of the leg mods you did.

7. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks interesting so far. Good luck.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I can't wait to see it in Purple,Nice Job!

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

its a cool idea. i just dont dig shockwave as a tank. but still a good idea

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    so they turned him into a lefty? *L* BTW, he IS in the DS decepticon game, just without the name, but the military copters transform and the botmode is the same as the console game shockwave, and he can be purple too.

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lookin good...

12. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Nice work so far.

13. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And whats that mean? you got a problem with lefty's?! hahaha

14. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks great so far, what are you planning to use for the hand?

15. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I had the same idea but I don't have the time

16. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    I managed to buy a box full of random Gundam parts from another user - just have to wait for everything to get here. ^^; If I can find something in there, booyah. If not, I'll make this claw work. =/

17. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

As far as the chopped-off hand, might I suggest running some wires/tubing from it to the base of the cannon?

18. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    i think wreckage would have worked also, and maybe place a huge satellite looking dish laser over the little gray cannon.... hmmm

19. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    The problem with a tube is that the turret spins 180 during transformation - even if the tube was flexible, it might cause some clearance issues. I haven't finished taking care of the backpack setup, so I'm not exactly sure how the whole mess is going to transform when completed (right now it just looks like Brawl with a shortened turret and a giant camera sticking out - I haven't gotten around to fixing clearance issues with the head).

My plan is just to rework the area (and possibly reposition the turret) to look more like the crazy gear/hinge setup that Shockwave has in the game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought about Wreckage, as he had the right overall shape for the alt mode, but there were a few issues. First off, even if I managed to stick a giant turret/cannon on top of the alt mode, it would've been a pain to get it on the arm. Second, Wreckage roll on wheels, while Shockwave uses four sets of treads. I figured Brawl's two treads would be simple to split into four total. Finally, I intend to use my only Wreckage figure to whip up a nice Warpath. . . eventually. ^^;

20. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Well squee. One not-so-little change. . .

[​IMG]

Scale. XP

Snagged a Leader Brawl for cheap (Gotta love being in charge of sending the defective merchandise in back - so long as it's still got the package, I can get it as-is'd and marked down like there's no tomorrow. X3). Figured I'd upscale the project. The alt turret now sits on his back/over his shoulder and he's getting his own gun on his left arm - I'd like to thank Optimal Optimus for donating yet another piece. =3 Aaanywho, onto the show!

Ooh, side note - head needs MAJOR work. The red paint's not coming off, so I'll probably be sanding it in a bit. The front end needs to be boxier (I'm planning on using a chunk of one of Brawl's mini-cannons to fill in that area), the back needs to be trimmed so as to not impede the transformation, and the hook bits need to peg onto the chest - I kinda messed up one of the springs so the head doesn't quite automorph anymore. I need some way to stop it from falling back. ^^; It's hard to imagine, but if you can see Skyshadow's mouth missile as Shockwave's lens, it becomes a tad easier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the Leader build (I do still intend on working on the deluxe), my focus isn't on making a game-accurate model, but rather whipping up something else that can still evoke the essebce of Shockwave. Plus this one gets a giant shoulder-mounted cannon. XP That is, once I make this ladder look more BFG-like. >.>