TFTM/ROTF Ratchet, Blackout/Grindor and Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ultrawave, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    So I saw the new article about the Two pack that might be that listing that showed up for Costco. So again I'm in need of help.

Are the Ratchet, Blackout/Grindor and Ironhide molds very good? I didn't get alot of the first movie transformers for some reason, but I was considering buying Ironhide and Ratchet to round out my TFTM Autobots since theyre the only ones I'm missing, but if Ratchet is gonna be in a two pack with Grindor I may hold back a while and wait.

Were there any problems with any of the those three molds? I've read that Ratchet likes to have unpainted faces but that's not really a problem for me, but I haven't really read anything about Ironhide or Blackout/Grindor, so some help would be much appreciated =D

2. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

The Molds are great! Especially Ratchet, He's great, I have his Rescue Ratchet counterpart, despite that I wish I had a green one.

I'm pretty sure Ratchet has a painted face. Green and Silver. Ratchet has a great vehicle mode, pretty good Robot mode, and I have lots of fun transforming him.

Ironhide is fun too, but getting him back to alt mode is frustrating. Blackout looks great in both modes, but has issues with shoulder tabs popping off *Glares at Blackout toy.* But He's great overall. Just be sure to be gentle.

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Ratchet's mold is awesome, and everytime I see people say he's not that good, it has me scratch my head. Alt mode is really good..bot mode is solid. Could have been a bit more accurate (feet are too blocky and the shoulders are a bit meh), but overall very nice. My movie 1 Ratchet had some paint on his face.. it's not much but it's there, not super-bothering. I think the new one has slightly more paint, not sure.

Ironhide is a good mold..the arms are out of proportion (too thin), and he has some trouble standing up but he looks decent. I'd say he has about the same pros and cons as Ratchet.

Blackout/Grindor/Evac/Whirl is a FAIL mold. I really, REALLY don't get why people like him. Don't get me wrong, it's a badass design in the movie, but the toy is shit. First of all, he's small, something I don't like ..but forgivable, I guess. Second, pretty much half of his halt mode (the top with the main rotor and the back rotor) is just a big block of plastic on his back, you can even take it off and then you will have a very thin ugly robot. Wahoo. Third: the rotor fins don't fold all the way to make it look as cool as in the movie.You are able to align 2 on both sides, but the upper one will always stick out more, which just looks ugly.

I'm hoping Hasbro will one day release a better Blackout mold..but get Ratchet and Ironhide!

4. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Ironhide is coool, but has some issues. He's got trouble standing, & his waist won't connect with his torso. Also, it's a pain to get him back to alt mode.

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ratchet is a good mold. Ironhide's not too bad, though getting him into vehicle mode is annoying. The pavelow mold is..not so great.

6. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I've always thought that Ratchet and Ironhide were great of the first movie molds. My main concern with Blackout's mold is that it is too small to take advantage of his awesome design. However, his vehicle mode is one of the best looking Transformers helicopters I've ever seen. But, again, just needs to be bigger.

7. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I say wait for the Grindor/Ratchet two pack and buy Ironhide.