TFTM: MY Version

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by j.a.f.o., Jul 2, 2009.

1. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

I'm sure this has already been done by many before, but I decided to edit the first movie according to what I felt would make for a tighter story line that centered on the boy's-first-car theme. I made well over 100 edits throughout the film, some of which include:

Eliminating characters--and their respective scenes--entirely who seemed extraneous to the overall plot (Defense Secretary Keller, Maggie, Glen, and Miles). The only downside I found was that I had to delete the bunker fight scene with Frenzy, and therefore a new plot gap was created since you no longer see him get his head cut off and die ("OH SHIT!").

I also trimmed back a lot of dialogue and narrative (again for the purpose of keeping the story line tight and pace moving more quickly). For example, Lennox's comments about holding his baby girl at the beginning and subsequent video chat with his wife, the first Archibald Witwicky flashback sequence during Sam's report, the confrontation between Trent and Sam at the lake. I even went as far as cutting out the little girl asking Ironhide if he was the tooth fairy since I always found that bit annoying as hell.

Another intention of mine was to make this movie more "PG-friendly" so I would have no reservations about letting my 4-year-old watch it. This included deleting any dialogue that contained swearing (I also covered Mammy's middle finger with the Autobot symbol. :p  ) as well as when the Ranger team member gets impaled by Scorpinok's tail.

The result is a movie that I cut the running time from 2 hours 20 minutes to just 90 minutes. It's by no means perfect, but I'm really happy with the end product.

Sorry Michael Bay...as soon as ROTF is released on DVD, I'm going double-bladed Prime all over it.

2. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Definately the worst of the first movie was the hackers, I'll have to see how you edited those scenes to make a judgement. Also, while you are at it, some dialogue could be added to the autobots when they are in their alternate modes, just to give them a little more personality,

3. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

I had always noticed that as well: The Decpticons spoke while in their alt modes, but never the Autobots. I'm not sure how to go about adding dialogue other than recycling lines already said.