Minor/Repaint: TFTM Longhaul WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Terrorcon_King, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Well Happy Birthday To Me =)
    i got sooo much 2day n my brother got me a Longarm
    and im like OMG!! perfect Longhaul!
    So i got my old RiD Heavyload n stripped him of his Dumper and wut he used to hold it too him and moved it to Longhaul im going to add some smokestacks.

Now the colour i am not very sure about?
    Id like your advice on the colour what would be the best for longhaul =)

Happy Birthdayy Toooo MEEEE lol

Attached Files:

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Happy birthday! :D 

Nice idea, and there's deinitely something of the Long Haul about him. I'm not sure about the dumper part, though; there'd definitely have to be modifications. As it is, in vehicle mode the container portion is angled a long way back; the top edge should be level. Like this, he'd hardly be able to hold anything; it'd all spill out... :p 

I'm not cure offhand how you could mod it to level the container up, but I'm sure it'd be doable.

Another option would be to ditch the dumper altogether, and simply make him a pickup, which would be a lot easier. Of course, that depends on how rigidly G1 you're set on making him.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the problem is see is the proportions. its too wide and too short to properly look like a big dump truck. you'd have to add height to the body of the truck and then lift it to increase the ground-clearance to get it to honestly look like a big dump truck. I grew up on a farm with lots of them, and this just doesnt' look like one at all.

4. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I think it's a great idea, but I mirror some of Redlines comments. You think you might want to make a truck bed out of some styrene? I'm looking forward to thee finished product, though. good luck, bud.

5. Terrorcon_King

News Credits:
    Well im Planing on changing the dumper a little bit more, but i would like to hear yur ideas on this one? But im going to try to make it more angled n stright.

6. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:

Actually I think I know what he's going for, They do make or use to make (I'm not sure atm) a Ford Truck that was esentually a Mini Dump Truck. Also I think GMC did a version as well. I Think if he looks around like in the cheap discount stores or 99 cent stores he could find a better looking Dump bed off of a toy dump truck that's roughly the same size or slightly smaller... I have seen them they make police vehicles/firetrucks/construction vehicles & regular cars. I actually have a Lightbar and stickers from a Fire chief car that I plan to use for a Classics Red Alert (Once Classics Side Swipe comes out) so they are roughly deluxe size.

TK if you want the next time i go past the one store out here I'll snap a pic for you to see if one of them would work better.

7. Terrorcon_King

News Credits:
    JOHNDILLINGA, i would really like it if you could get me some pics man thanks a million, n for Long Haul, im baseing him of those GMC or Ford Dumptrucks yes, because those Huge! dumptrucks they use 4 heavy duty jobs are just toooo big, hed be bigger than Optimus, he'd be Omega Supreme Size in transformers movie world lol

8. Terrorcon_King

News Credits:
    JOHNDILLINGA, i would really like it if you could get me some pics man thanks a million, n for Long Haul, im baseing him of those GMC or Ford Dumptrucks yes, because those Huge! dumptrucks they use 4 heavy duty jobs are just toooo big, hed be bigger than Optimus, he'd be Omega Supreme Size in transformers movie world lol

9. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...since the tires are just kibble; you might also be able to create an armature to hold them lower than the rest of the truck...

Also, you might try adding some panels to cover up the kibble from the knees in alt mode.

10. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...that provide more bulk & help with the mass issue yer havin' here to convey the size of this thing yer shootin' for.

Lovin' the idea, and will watch with anticipation for your results.