Minor/Repaint: TFTM Jazz - simple mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by closetrat, Mar 27, 2009.

1. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a quick mod that improves the figure greatly in both forms simply with the removal of the poorly designed 6th wheel...

One of Jazz's biggest upsets was his figure, with the odd vehicle kibble & weak arm design (working on that one too, just not out of the design phase yet), but I may have solved the vehicle kibble - in alt mode, where the 6th wheels are concerned...

Took a hacksaw to the bolt holding a spare tire & fully expected the leg to come apart, but it didn't... Further tested this by taking a file to it & rounding the bolt shaft to fit the car back & it still held; even rotated it a few times & wiggled it just to be sure, but still holding fine.

Need to grab some apoxy to sculpt the 2nd fender onto the outer calf to better match the on-screen look, but already looks better in bot & alt mode.

Lemme know what you guys think.

Attached Files:

2. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Can't wait to see this finished.

3. the man

the man I iz a Roadbuster fan

ditto

4. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do believe I'll keep an eye out with this one.

5. closetrat

News Credits:
    Pics are up, now on to the arms & apoxy (for details)

6. closetrat

News Credits:
    Update: the feet aren't totally secure, the posts appear to be holding simply b/c they're so tight, but I started the mod wanting to shave the ankle & mirror the detail of the the inner ankle's armor anyway.

Besides, BC claw arm falls off if you put too much stress on it, so this idea is still very doable, but you'll want to keep in mind the foot can be pulled off if you really try...

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This looks really nice from what I can tell. I hope that you can eventually provide some brighter, clearer photos :thumb 

8. closetrat

News Credits:
    Update: much better pics...

9. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks interesting, I might try this. I wonder if there is a way to pull his waist forward more or puh his chest back further.

10. closetrat

News Credits:
    I plan on doing a lot to this figure - didn't really want a 2nd Jazz, so I can afford to w/o hurting my original.

The chest has bothered me a LOT too, but the movie version has him rather chesty as well, so it may not be too much; however, I plan on making the chest wrap around the chest cavity, so I may be able to fix that shelf-boob thing he's got going on...

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    So far this looks really nice (as I said)! Thanks so much for taking the time to do another photo shoot round. Does your camera have a macro setting? If not, then simply pull your camera away from your subject matter just a bit. This will get your blurr off of your photos some. :thumb 

Keep up the good work man! :thumb 

12. closetrat

News Credits:
    Sorry, only digital cam I have is the LG-UX830.

13. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

That is a very good way of taking the kibbles on Jazz' feet. Besides those kibbles aren't really helping the toy look better.

14. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Hey closetrat. Very nicely done. I'm re-visiting my movie Jazz and I sure could do with some inspiration from your take on him. He looks much more movie accurate already with those spinning discs gone from his foot. Nice!

15. closetrat

News Credits:
    Thanks a mil guys for your enthusiasm, this is really stage 1 for my plans on this mold.
    Also, it's a really easy trick to do & only took about 1/2 hour on each foot (counting the filing...).

Love your work Sabby, thanks for posting.

Still working on re-designing the arms & some more ideas for the feet, stay tuned, I may change some opinions about this mold soon with the possibilities I have planned.

One thing kills me - it'd be easier to fix his arms one way, but I really wanted to add a balljoint to his shoulders, so which would you guys recommend?

- not much of a change in posability, but more accurate arms, or a balljointed arm with a not-so-accurate shoulder?

16. Kryptokron

Kryptokron Bleeper of Blorps

News Credits:
    Looks good what you did there. I just bought another Jazz, simply for the arm gun thingie, and then a couple of super handy Doc Ock figs, and cut and glued the claws onto the gun. It looks pretty neat, they're a little bulkier than they would be in the movie, but now he has telescoping cannons on each arm.