Minor/Repaint: TFTM Jazz Custom (no doors on legs) WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by LegoNinja, Feb 9, 2008.

1. LegoNinja

LegoNinja Well-Known Member

So I've hated that Jazz had his car doors fused to his thighs since I got him. To remedy this, I've decided to turn him into a convertable (I also disliked that the top of his car mode just hung off his back) and make the doors part of his shoulders like most other car TF's. To accomplish this I used the wing hinge parts of a 1/144 GW-9800 Gundam Airmaster I had kicking around for the door hinge by cutting a small hole in the door and using an extra peg off the same gundam's skirt. It adds a little bulk, so I guess I'm gonna kibble up his car form some. Then I started cutting off the top of the roof. The little seats that were part of the windshield/back peice might get glued to his back upper legs just so it doesn't look too dumb in car mode, but I'm not sure yet. I'll be painting everything up somehow later but I wanna get the design work finished first.

Here's the pics: ideas, comments, tips or whatever are appreciated.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh50/LegoNinj4/jazzwip005.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh50/LegoNinj4/jazzwip003.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh50/LegoNinj4/Picture004.jpg

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    if ya fold the door outward, it'd homage the original jazz that much more. As far as the roof, if you really work it hard you can pull it off, but I thought it looked just fine as it was myself. I hope you work it out so you're happy with it though.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Interesting...

I had all sorts of plans to re-work this figure... but then I took a break and never came back to it. But I agree that something definitely could be improved on this mold.

The doors look kind of cool in robot mode, though I'm a bit vague on how they work in the transformation, and just how much kibble they leave on the car mode.

Also digging the idea of a convertible. Go for it! :) 

zmog

4. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought of whittling down one of the door pegs, so it'd fit inside the wheel for shoulder armor (thus giving him humongous shoulders like '77 BB), or mounting magnets around the spacer behind his shoulder, so the doors could attach there for a G1 look...

Just my two cents... I was looking into the door problem for around an hour last night...

5. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I think this mold as a convertible is a cool idea, hope it works out great. If I had some tips I would, but I don't. I just go for it and hope for the best.

6. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    Looks interesting. I have some ideas for the doors on my own custom G1 Movie Jazz...

7. LegoNinja

LegoNinja Well-Known Member

I'm gonna upadate this later...ive taken off the glued on hinge parts and may just try using the cut ball joints from a stikfa...but still have the door flip off the front shoulder part that flips around the wheen when he transforms...uh it itll make more sense with pics. and punctuation and spelling suck cause my keybaord area is a huuuge mess that mabye ill include wiihth the pics :\

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

that is a good idea. I really like your modding here. that was a clever switchup

9. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Excellent Idea! Great job.