Minor/Repaint: tftm insecticons

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by chansformers, Jan 13, 2009.

1. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    hello again,as per nemesis pred's suggestion,i'd like to share some pics of these guys.these guys helped me win 2nd place in the 3d art contest at tfcon08.all three started life as tftm dropkick figures.bombshell is made from dropkick,g1 bombshell's headand chest,and his bfg started life as g1 kickback's leg.the triple cannon on his head is made from a combination of bionicle joints and odds and sods from my spare parts bin.his silver stripes when in vehicle mode change colors like a cd in the sun.kickback is made from dropkick,g1 kickback's head with the antenna's cut off,g1 chest cut down to fit/allow transformation,g1 wings and front bug legs were shaved and bionicle joints molded to them to attach them to him.his cannon is derived from 2pac classics prime's gun with a little of g1 kickbacks gun chunks chopped and added to it.his stripes are metallic red vinyl but dont change colors like the other 2 bots.shrapnel is made from dropkick yet again,g1 shrapnel's head,g1 shrapnel's chest shaved down to fit/allow transformation,his "horns"are a combination of bionicle joints and armada megatrons antlers.his gun is a combination of g1 shrapnel's gun,lego and more odds and sods.like bombshell,shrapnels vehicle mode stripes change colors too.all of the parts for each individual bot fit into their rear truck beds,kinda like "junk in the trunk":D all three have been painted with krylon for the black,acrylics for the purples and yellows,then coated in matte clear.all 3 have their heads mounted with the original ball joint that dropkick had so they can move their heads like a gijoe fig.kickbacks antenna's are actually stock for dropkick,just painted yellow,that's why i cut off the antenna's from his g1 head.(it wouldn't make sense to have 4 antenna's in bot mode imo)i tried to paint them with almost the exact same color scheme as the g1's have when in bot mode.i also took some pics for comparison between these guys and the real g1's.i'm just waiting for tftm salvage figs to go on sale/clearance then i may start doing chopshop,ransack,venom and barrage.:D 

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. sentinalsupreme

sentinalsupreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    tight real original

3. Spoon

Spoon Banned

I love the idea of a fleet of ghetto pick-ups just drivin' in to fight the Autobots!

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I love the gun on Bombshell.

Galleries, plz! :) 

5. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    *Shakes fist* Next time Chans, NEXT TIME !!!!

6. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

News Credits:
    Very nice...
    ...so far 2009 seems to be the year of the Insecticons!!!

This mold works very well for them.

Where did you require the heads (specifically Kickbacks?)

7. chansformers

News Credits:
    thanks guys!and nemesis pred,u dont have mad cat beside u do u?:D as for kalron,these bots were done in 08 just in time for tfcon.all of their heads including kickbacks are from the original g1 counterparts.the hardest one to remove of the three was bombshells as its molded to his body from the factory so u have to do more cutting to aquire the head,whereas the other 2 the moment you dissassemble the bodies,the heads fall right out.

8. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    No, his name is Kudos, but for this instance we can call him "Mad Cat" :lol 
    Oh & you can just call me NP, everyone else does.

........ well except ABX23, he calls me Nemy. But he's just werid like that. :p 

9. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Can't believe how different you've made Salvage/Dropkick look from Insecticon to Insecticon! Aces, man!:bowdown: 

10. Bumblebee92

Bumblebee92 Wheeljack Fan

very good actully i like how you gave them all the same mode of dropkick because you actully dont know its is they all look like different mode i love them i wish hasbro would actully make these i would buy them in a flash

11. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    WOW! These are great! Very cool idea.

12. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Total sweetness!! :thumb 

13. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Wow!

I love the whole "three black trucks rollin' in to fight autobots" idea. The original G1 heads work really well.

****, i need to work on my kickback now... :( 

14. chansformers

News Credits:
    thanks for all the comments guys!i'm still amazed these guys also won fan choice at tfcon08!but if you guys make your own,it may be easier to mod the dropkick mold as opposed to the salvage mold.(red plastic is a bit harder to paint for some reason imho,even with priming,so skip a step and try to find the dropkick mold.plus,on dk, alot of parts are already moled black meaning less time painting.

15. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    shoulda been 1st place :D  .... nice job