TFTM Game

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Piglet9303, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Piglet9303

Piglet9303 New Member

I've seen the reviews on this and they seem to be pretty bad...Just wondering what the perspective of a fanboy is, you guys enjoy it?

p.s. Also...I'm sorry if this has been posted-is there a search function somewhere that i'm missing?

2. Quickswitch

Quickswitch Assault Warrior

Are you talking about the Consule (XBox 360, PS2, PS3, Wii) versions of the game, or the portable versions (DS & PSP?)?

I have the Transformers: Decepticons Nintendo DS game & it's fun to an extent. Very similiar to Grand Theft Auto, but instead of being a criminal you're a giant transforming robot.

The DS versions of the game have multiplayer via Wi Fi connection, but you need to have another friend with a copy of either the Decepticons or Autobots game to even use the Multiplayer. I may just buy a copy of the game a friend of mine so I can just play the damn thing :lol .

As for the search function, there used to be one, but I hear tale that it was turned off for some reason. Something to do with helping reduce lag during Botcon I think? :confused: 

-Quickswitch

3. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Well-Known Member

Mainly for the movie release. Traffic to the site has increased exponentially in the last couple of weeks, forcing the admins to remove certain features in order to lighten the load and prevent the servers from totally crashing. The Search feature and all Avatars (and probably a few other things) have been temporarily disabled until the rush dies down.

Hm... <------ Apparently Avatars have been turned back on.

4. DaRolla

DaRolla Active Member

the console version is decent. i was really dissappointed that it wasnt as good as it could have been. it kinda seems half assed. only the tranformers are good looking, the rest of the environment is pretty weak. the fighting system is weak, only one melee attack, and only 2 weapon attacks. in car form, for both jazz, bumblebee, and barricade, they all drive very similar. they dont drive like really cars, its kinda like grand theft auto with the perfect handling cheat on. its also pretty hard, especially on the autobot level i am on right now. im playing as jazz, first i have to fight starscream, then a clone, then blackout, then another clone, then both starscream and blackout at the same time. the only way to hurt them is to throw stuff at them, you can shoot or get close to them. o, and as for the story and voice acting, its pretty lame, not the same as the movie. so the reviews it got are fair

5. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

PC for 20 bucks is the way to go.

6. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    Fair. It's a lot of blow stuff up to achieve an objective vaguely following the events of the movie. In fact, it reminds me a lot of the Beast Wars game from a while back, only with better graphics, cooler robots and transformations, and a bit more of a coherent story. Overall, though, I've enjoyed the Decepticon campaign well enough (I bought the PC version for $20) but I don't know if the console versions are worth $50-$60 bucks and I'd suggest waiting a month or two for the prices to inevitably go down once the movie is out of theaters.

7. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PC version well worth the 20 bucks.

anyone know how the PC graphics compare to the xbox/ps3 versions. The models look good, but t he textures seem to be lacking. i know my pc could put out anything better than an xbox/ps3, but since no one gives a shit about pc games anymore it seems like they just don't try unless its half life or something huge. plus HD is pointless on a PC, just jack up the res, only really limited on flat screens, and even those always have more than a TV 720p if they're not big enough to hit 1080.

8. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    the console game prices are a total rip-off. Get the PC version for like 3 times cheaper or wait for the console prices to go down.. even better just rent it to see if you are a fan enough to actualy buy it

9. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

ya i heard pc games are getting cheaper because of piracy i guise if there cheap people wont bother downloading them. i unusually buy the game unless i cant find it (chronicles of ridick) or if its a program thats way to expensiv( photoshop cs3,autocad) i remember some games used to be more for the pc like the thing.

10. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Smashing the buildings is the most fun I've had in a game ever.

Anyway it's OK. Could have been better but still OK. I suggest renting it before hand.

11. Quickswitch

Quickswitch Assault Warrior

Ah that explains things a bit clearer & I too noticed my avatar had returned today! :lol  I was very excited. :D  I wonder if traffic will continue to be busy from now on, or will die down more towards the end of July? :confused

-Quickswitch

12. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

TFTM Game Worth

Is ti worth buying? I'm a guy who likes games like Zelda, Pokemon, and shooters, but I've heard that it doesn't live up. I want to get a game to last me through the summer, not some crap I can shove out in a week. I can either get the Wii or DS version, but I'm leaning towards the DS to buy and save the Wii for a rental.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

The TF game needs more threads dedicated to it's crapness...

14. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i have the ds autobot version and it's pretty decent. it's the only version i've seen people say much good about.

15. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Merged these two.

16. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I can't believe how hard this game is for me.(PS3 version). And it sucks that you have to go back to the beginning of the chapter if you don't complete one of the missions.

I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to do on some of the missions.

17. LOSTaddict815

LOSTaddict815 Well-Known Member

(360)Ive had a lot of fun with the game, it hasnt really given me much trouble and im 79% done...i just cant get past the last level of of the Con's when your fighting prime. Ive made him run away, fought the drones, then move on to the nest point, watched the movie where starscream comes down and what not, made prime run again again, but then the next set of drones come down, and the yellow cement truck comes down and i cant destroy him. shooting him of course doesnt work because of the sheilds, and throwing stuff at him just knocks him down but doesnt take any health down..punching him doesnt help either...i dont know...hes the only drone that is stoping me from moving to the next part.

18. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

After knocking him down by hitting him with an object pick him up and throw him.

19. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I will be honest, I wasn't impressed with the PC version of the game, the robots are super cool detailed but after playing it for a while, the vehicle controls were too twitchy and even on an awesome but dated PC like mine, the visuals were pretty average.

I'm sorry to say it, but Transformers on PS2 is the better of the two, and I very much wanted it to be the other way around.

PS, before any says my PC blows, consider the following:

CPU: AMD64 3700+
    RAM: 1GB DDR 400
    Video: Geforce 7800GT
    Mobo: DFI LanParty NforceSLI Ultra

20. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Why does it take you a fuckin minute to transform? I'm at the one where you have to chase after BB w/ OP, whenever I tf, he jumps up and crashes into some building. The robots are nowhere near as nimble as they are in the movie, they move like they're constipated. The pointing system sucks, it would've been better off not shooting at all. Whenever I do a melee attack, the camera gets a view from the ground. The Red Steel shooting type is something Activision should've thought about before using it in this disgrace to the franchise. I'm just playing this because I like transformers