TFTM Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jeremy.B, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    I received Longarm yesterday, and I have to say, he is a pretty neat little guy. I kind of got down on the movie deluxes after picking up swindle, dreadwing, and payload in consecutive order after starting off strong with the first wave (78 BB, Barricade, Jazz, and Bonecrusher). The last three I have bought - 08 BB, Dropkick, and Longarm - are, in my opinion, the best of the bunch. CCBB is, of course, one of, if not THE, best deluxe ever, and the other two are just really cool little guys. Along with leader prime, leader brawl, ironhide, voyager megs, and the ratchet and starscream molds plus repaints, I am very please with the line.

Have you guys been mostly pleased/happy/ecstatic with the movie line relative to your thoughts beforehand and in relation to recent previous lines (AEC, RID, Universe)?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    CC BB is by no means the best deluxe ever, many BW figures deserve that title more.

However, TFTM are some of the best figures we've got for a while. The deluxes and leaders especialy shine. Some figures are nothing special (Vgr Blackout, Dlx Bonecrusher/Swindle/Brawl), While some are quite good. (Dlx CCBB/7O'sBB/Longarm/Arcee, Vgr Ratchet/SS and Ldr Megs/Prime/Brawl)

3. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Well, coming from someone who is not into Beast Wars, it is in my opinion. Although, if I was a BW fan, I could see where you are coming from. I certainly respect the engineering that went into some of the designs (and the crack that was smoked while others were conceived!)

4. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm not so sure I understand that last comment? (I'm not being rude, I just don't know what you mean)

5. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Everyone knows Heinrad is the best deluxe ever. He's got BALLS for christ's sake!

All this talk of 08BB being so wonderful is only furthering my bitterment and still not having found one.

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always thought Armada Demolisher was the best deluxe ever.........

Just kidding!

But seriously the movie ones are pretty cool. I like Longarm ,08 BB, and Barricade the best.

7. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Ha Ha sorry SL, just getting my jab in at BW. Some of the figures have excellent engineering, and some are just plain....huh? Primal, Megatron, most or all of the ultras, cheetor, etc. are really cool looking guys, but then you get into fuzors and stuff like that, makes me think someone smoked a little crack when deciding to "fuse" a bull and a bat together, or a poison fish and a wasp. Just my opinion.

However, being the true beginning of the super-articulated TFs we see in abundance today (especially armada demolisher - I kid, I kid!), I certainly see why BW has such a strong following. Ball joints and poseability came around this time (well, a few in G2 - cyberjets, etc.), and it led to what we have today.

I'm not knocking BW for those who like them, just not my taste.

8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I bet they were thinking: 'man, a transforming Dog/Condor hybrid or Fish/Bug hybrid would be really fun to play with!"

They were right!:thumb 

Speaking of Movie figures, does anyone know when Dropkick is supposed to be released in Canada? He's actually the only none-movie movie toy I've been looking forward to.

9. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Oh crap, I forgot about silverbolt. Yeah, he was my favorite in the line. I have him, depthcharge, and primal ;) 

As for dropkick, he is fantastic. I have to run to target today anyway, do you want me to check to see if they have one for you? That is where I found mine.

10. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I have most of the figures from every line from G1 to the movie & CCBB is not even close to the best.

The movie line and the new animated line have made me lose interest in collecting. I was really into it from Beast Wars through Classics but the movie line & the new animated line don't do anything for me.

I'm taking a break until TF2

(I really wish everybody & their mother would stop making such a big deal about 08 BB, there's nothing special about that figure at all)

11. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Dude, that is your opinion, and it is great that you have that opinion, however don't knock me for voicing MY opinion; Split Lip stated he loves Beast Wars, and that's great. We all have opinions. If you are tired about people making a big deal about it, then don't read/post.

As for Animated, it looks a little too kiddie to me. I may pick up prime and SS because of the character, but that's it.

12. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

SL:

I find it very hard to call one Dx the "best ever", because there has been so much variety. I also find that I like a lot of things, and this tends to skew me in favor of the most recent roboplasticos to come out.

I like G1 Quake, Transmetal Rattrap, RiD Prowl, Universe Ransack, Energon Sharkticon, and movie Bumblebee, that's easy to say. Would I rather have one
    than all the rest? I don't think so. As Strong Bad might say, "My roboplasticos is like my childrens, I loves dem all".

It's easier if I break things up into categories...for instance, BM Jetstorm is my favorite BM deluxe, and probably favorite BM figure altogether, and ties with Classics Skywarp mold as "best DX plane" - while JS has a better transformation, SW balances that by representing a recognizable warplane and being a good toy for a character who had one that wasn't so good.

13. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Nicely said. I should have preceeded my orginal comment with "in my opinion, the best deluxe ever".

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Barring repaints, the only mainline movie bots I don't have now are Arcee, Payload, Dreadwing, '77 BB, Dlx Brawl and both Megatrons. On most lines I'm super picky as to what I get, ending up with very few, but the movie bots are just something else entirely. Though I will mirror the belief that 08 BB isn't the best deluxe ever, he's certainly a damn fine one.

15. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Ok, I change my mind.

I think Movie Payload is the best deluxe ever (cough, cough, bullshit, cough, cough)

16. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I have Heinrad, he's way too big to be a deluxe. Voyager in todays terms most likely.

And it'd be cool to actually see an '08 BB, but I'm not holding my breath on it. We just started getting in deluxes for the first time since July last week. I'd expect '08 BB to show up right around the time the movie toys hit clearance in the rest of the nation.

17. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    You know I love some of the movie toys like CCBB, Leader Brawl, Barricade, and a few others. I just cant bring myself to buy Megatron, Swindle, Bonecrusher, Dreadwing, or Starscream molds. I have been thinking about getting Dropkick but I dont know.

18. Jeremy.B

News Credits:
    Dropkick is great. I like the SS molds as well , but save yourself from the others...

19. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

only movie figs i have now are leader prime and deluxes classic and concept bb. hope to get payload, longarm and dropkick as long as stores here get them.

20. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

People should buy Dropkick based on the sheer and sole fact that he is the most emo TF ever. His bio is so pathetic it's hilarious, especially considering how cool of a toy he is. Plus the massive 'con logo on the hood of his car is freaking sweet.