TFTM Crankcase thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1Prowl, May 17, 2012.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

So I got a rather worse for wear version of this from a guy I work with. Missing one arm, light piping in the head, and both hood pieces broken. I guess my questions are how rare is this toy, how hard is it to chase down said parts, and would it be easier/cheaper just to find a complete one. Thanks.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    First thing I'd do is look in the Junk Pit (both the section & pinned thread), but considering how much you're missing, hunting down a new one might be easier. The mold itself has been used a couple of times though (resources ftw), so that's always a plus, but yeah. Short of getting lucky with a junker that has everything you're looking for, it might be a tough road.

3. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He was a store exclusive and I recall released around the end of TFTM line. I didn't see these where I live (Australia). I'd say there are less Crankcase than earlier TFTM figures. I don't think he's very rare or highly sought after though. If you don't own the mould already, I hope you'll get to complete him, it's a fun mould :) 

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

I already hit tfu.info up for the number of molds. Was actually thinking that having a Cannonball with Red Alert interior parts would look the part of Crankcase more.

My first immediate though was "Sweet! Armorhide! Double bonus!" Then I saw all that movie shit I wouldn't be able to unload. All for a mold that I wasn't sure I was gonna collect anyway lol

He does seem fun. Like I said earlier, I hadn't intended to get any A/E/C stuff, but there are molds that are making me think otherwise.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he works as a classics version perfectly, hope you find one

7. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

The three Wal-Mart exclusives (Crankcase, Breakaway, and Fracture) trade for high amounts on eBay due to their end-of-the-line and homage statuses, but all are worth it (with Breakaway being the least desireable). Good luck! The Cannonball version of the mold is also awesome if you can't get Crankcase himself.