Heavy/Scratch: TFTM Cliffjumper WIP & Surprise for Mom

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Kouri, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

Cliffjumper's a major work in progress. Pretty much started off with G1 Deco Jazz and threw in some CCBB parts. Most of the alt mode has to be resculpted to become a larger vehicle, but I'm not too worried. Threw in Final Battle Jazz's rifle with the handle from BB's blaster blade so he could grab onto it. CJ's gotta have his big guns. X3 Oh, and a modified Dropkick head.

[​IMG]

This one's actually kind of special. My mom's trying to join up with the local law enforcement, and that usually means the Sheriff's office as there aren't too many local police stations around here. I figured that she'd enjoy a transforming Sheriff Car. It's basically a white ford with green and gold decals along the side. This guy's just about done. He's got a busted elbow joint that needs repair and some more detailing on the inner ankle. Afterward, mostly white paint and then to whip up some decals for the guy. ^^

Also, he does still transform - a lot of his chest was hollowed out to fit in the new hands. And he can hold onto Revoltech weapons. ^^

[​IMG]

"Mind picking that up for me?"

Aaaaaand that's it for the long list of bashes I'm currently working on. ^^

Attached Files:

2. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Superb work! I wish i was this good at scratch building, but alas i seem to be a custom paint sorta guy instead. Maybe one day...

Anyway, keep up updated on these, i look forward to seeing them finished.

Awesome gift for your mum BTW!

3. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The sheriff bot's got his other arm on - I just need to strengthen the wrists before prepping this guy for paint.

Aaanywho, more work on CJ. ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sadly, the back portion of the vehicle comes off without really attaching anywhere. I'm going to try and either have it fold onto the giant rifle or possibly build a nice big cannon over it. 'Jumper can always use more firepower. ^^

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Looks good. I was wondering where the Armordillo shell was going, and now I know.

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    this is unique/

6. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:

It's ugly

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    if you can't offer actual beneficial criticism, but merely bad things, then just don't say anything at all. that can be construed as flaming or baiting. I won't repeat myself.

8. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Well I can't say that the alt mode is particular beautiful (a wheeled armadillo), but I'm sure once the bashing and repaint is all done it's gonna be spectacular :) 

9. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    I feel very sorry :( 

i won't flame or something!

It's just my opinion, not more.

difficult work, yes, but i didn't like ist, and it hurts me to see how destructet nice bots :( 

10. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

What did you do to rework Barricade's transformation? I noticed you have the old forearms serving as the feet, and the old shoulders serving as the wrists. Please do tell how you reworked the transform. It actually makes me want to get Recon Barricade - mod the transform - and name him Siren (G1 Headmaster). Hell, Frenzy could be Quig or whatever his name was.

~Z

11. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    As far as the transformation goes, everything you've said so far is spot on. Two support beams in his chest had to be removed to make room for the hands - this also means that Frenzy no longer fits inside (at least I don't think so - I've yet to check). The feet were made by attaching the forearm back onto the legs, then cutting the silver bumper from the rest of the forearm. The silver bumper then pegs right into the black bumper.

Now I just need to find some primer so that I can paint the black white. ;.;

As far as the "wheeled armadillo" thing goes, I just needed a hump to work off of. I'm planning something along the lines of a Toyota Matrix/Ford Focus/insert-random-humped-vehicle-here type of thing. He's still got a LOT of work ahead of 'im. =X

In the meantime, I'm busy customizing a PSP for a close friend of mine. I'll get pictures up when the accessories are finished. ^^

12. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    If I think a custom is ugly, I say to myself "That's crap" and I leave the thread. I don't waste my time typing anything.

Kouri, is there a way to get a pic tutorial on how you altered Barricade? That is bad@$$!! :rock 

13. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    looking pretty darn sweet. i thoght barricade was alternators grimlock at first

14. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    I want to know as well.
    I've been trying to figure out how to make a Classics-style Mustang Decepticon and it seems modding Barricade would be the best way to go.

Yours looks pretty badass.

15. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    No pictures yet, as my scanner's not connected and my camera's off somewhere waiting to be found, but hopefully I can describe the process well enough.

Tools required:

Phillips-head screwdriver (Dunno the exact size, but you've gotta take out a few of Barricade's screws)
    Utility Knife (Dremel's too thick of a cut, sorry guys)
    Krazy Glue (Or any other type of adhesive - I just don't like waiting)

Separate the forearm/hand sections from the rest of the arms. Remove the pins that hold each thumb in place. Remove any remnants of the elbow joint and/or punch action feature.

Pop off Barricade's feet at the balljoint. Unscrew each bumper piece from its foot. Discard the feet (not really, but they're not needed anymore. Save 'em for some other project. =3).

Take each bumper piece (that came from the feet) and make a clean cut that separates the bumper from the rest of the rear portion.

Peg the forearm pieces back into the lower leg and glue them into place. Now peg the feet bumpers into what used to be Barricade's hands.

Glue the remnants of the back pieces into the lower leg. Yer done! =D Give the poor guy some new hands. >.>

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Interesting and cool, but as both are still WIP's, I'll save my final opinion for when they are finished. Very unique ideas, and once everything is finished, I can see the Cliffjumper looking great. Keep up the good work, and updates.

17. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the recipe for Barricade!

Any updates on these customs?

18. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

If you don't like to see 'bots destroyed, you're definitely in the wrong place; it's pretty much par for the course once you're getting into the heavy mods.

But to be honest, how it looks right now isn't a real issue. Bear in mind this is a work in progress, and not a finished product. A lot of kitbashing involves looking past what something is, and seeing what it could be.
    I had to double-take when I saw CJ's vehicle mode with the Armordillo shell on the back... that's innovative thinking right there! :D  I assume that'll be reskinned as you go on? I'd definitely like to see something done with it, though. As you suggested yourself, Kouri, if you can't get it to fold somewhere in robot mode, then making it into a weapon or something would be a great alternative.

And I'm loving the work you've put into Barricade! Out of curiosity, though, considering how much you've swapped around, how well does he still transform?

19. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Honestly? Only issue is that the hands are a bit tight under the hood. Everything else fits just fine. I'll have to find where this guy went off to (methinks he might've been sent off into storage - I hope his fragile wrists are alright. >.>) I'll see if I can grab an alt mode pic later in the week to prove my point. We've been moving the past two weeks, so thing's have been very much so hectic. @.@

On a side note, CJ's got a few more mods ahead of 'im. I need to shorten the elbow joints and the forearms so that I can lower his shoulders more without ruining proportions. The front portion of the alt will then resemble something along the lines of football pads around his chest.