Minor/Repaint: TFTM Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Drpee, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hello all. Well i guess this is it, my first custom uploaded to TFW.

Just so you all know a bit about me i have been repainting models for a while now. Back in 2007 i really got into Transformers thanks to the movie and since ive been painting a few here and there for some friends, but i wasnt active on forums so i never took photos of them. Recently a friend of mine said i should join up on some of the TF sites and become a part of the community of TF customizers (i didnt even know there was one untill recently) and so here i am.

Hope you enjoy this piece, it was a commission for a friend which due to circumstances beyond our control took a long while to complete. I know the new version of this mold is going to be released soon but i hope you like him anyway.

He was painted with enamels, acrylics and automotive paint. The yellow/candy gold shade of the bodywork was achieved by using a gold pearl powder mixed into the paint and then airbrushed on and cleared to make it look as accurate as the real life model as possible. In the film he looks like he's just yellow but in reality the paint on the camaro is a mix of candy and pearl yellows and golds.

The arms are modified Robot Replica arms which just pop on and off the original ball joints very eaily. Same deal with the battle-mask head. The hands are from a gundam kit.

Thanks for looking.

(let me know if this is too many pictures)

Attached Files:

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    why sub in the arms for RR ones, then have to pop them off entirely for alt mode? I think his arms were the least of his problems.

You paint style reminds me VERY much of someone elses who doesn't post here anymore. ;) 

3. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My buddy wanted RR arms to pop on and off for the transformation so i made them for him *shrug*.

Who do i remind you of? Its a big world out there only so many styles people can have so theres bound to be a few that look alike id imagine.

4. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

A great debut!,Bumblebee is my favourite of the Deluxes from the first Movie and the extra touches like the Gundam hands look really effective.

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I too would like to know whom you are speaking of that doesnt post here any more. Id love to see his work! As for your custom drpee, great job, the only thing i would have dont differently would have been the racing stripes being larger, but they awesome for the fact that you have kept the pin stripes equally spaced. cant wait to see what you do with the prime figure you were inquiring about before!

6. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you. :) 

Thank you. yes the pinstripes where very very tricky to do but worth it i feel. I cant wait to show you all my prime!

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    He looks really good!

8. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amazing work man!

9. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Looks really good!

iDD

10. chris-morada

chris-morada Banned

Nice!

11. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Shiny! I like. And I'm always a fan of gundam hands though I wasnt able to mod all that I do with it unfortunately. Brownie points there!

12. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks! Yeah, gundam hands are the best when you can find them. I know movie BB only has 3 fingers and the hands have 4 but they still look much better than the standard ones i think. They add so much more character, and allow the toy to show emotion.