TFTM Blackout Problem?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lostnfound, Feb 24, 2010.

1. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

So, I've had Voyager Blackout for a pretty long time, and hes been sitting up on my shelves in robot mode for like 6+ months. i went to transform him back into helicopter mode tonight, but I can't do it.

I can't get his front part (the head portion that becomes that windows) even and level with the sides that pop on, the backsides that tab up, and the roof part that you snap together. Whenever I try to straighten it out, one of the aforementioned parts comes undone.

I've taken him apart and back together again, but with no luck, I get keep getting the same problem. So right now, he's sitting on my shelf with half of his robot head hanging out, since whenever I try to make it level w/everything else, it just makes them pop out.

Anyone else have this problem or know what I'm doing wrong?

2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    From memory you put it in robot mode and press down unless you hear a click, at which point all the gears are aligned as they are meant to be.

Wait for someone else to post though because that could be entirely wrong.

3. MisfitRobot

MisfitRobot Robot Fighter

News Credits:
    Me two,

I just leave him in robot mode.

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

It's been a while since I transformed mine, but as I recall there are several problems with the mold.

The under tray on mine that holds Scorponok just will NOT stay pegged in. If I'm holding Blackout up the tray just falls out and hangs there. There is ZERO friction between the peg and the hole. Very annoying.

I can only assume this problem plus the one you mentioned got worse with each version of the mold.

I'm scared to think what ROTF Whirl must be like (mine's still MISB).

5. lostnfound

Yes the tray does do that. But I still can't get him aligned properly to where he actually 'fits' back in helicopter mode.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I had nothing but problems with the 'Autobreak' feature on mine. Either the robot mode chest wouldn't sit properly or the front of the alt mode wasn't straight unless I opened the chest up and fiddled with the gears or forced the damn thing until it clicked into place. He spent six months stood in robot mode on a shelf because I couldn't be bothered to fight with his crappy mechanisms to transform him for fun. In the end I transformed him back to helicoptor mode to rebox and store away and, Sod's Law, he folded neatly into helicoptor mode no problem.
    That was the original Blackout release, so Zod knows how terrible following releases of that mold have been from repeated use.

7. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To fix the automorph gears you have to unscrew the chest open and properly realign the gears by taking it out and putting it back in the proper place. It takes some trial and error to make sure it is done correctly. I fixed one and never had any more problems afterward.

8. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Mine sits in a box (for that reason) with dozens of other movie figures I plan on pawning off when I get around to it.

9. lostnfound

I didn't realize so many people had so many problems with the blackout mold.

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

They should really go and re-design the figure IMO, a la leader class Prime. I REALLY don't want to make this into another "Blackout should be a leader class figure" thread, but the voyager toy really is complete ass. Too small, looks nothing like the CGI model and has way too many mold problems.

Keep him a voyager if you like, but he needs to be so so SO much better.

11. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Mine no longer does the Automorph feature, I have to force that section down.

12. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I just transformed mine. I wonder if your problem is that you aren't pegging the the cockpit sides into the intake section to activate the auto feature. I popped them in, and swing the bottom up and everything went right into place.

13. Anthony Adams

Anthony Adams Well-Known Member

Ditto.

I don't have Blackout, or Grindor, or Whirl, but I considered getting Blackout/Grindor, but after seeing the problems you guys are having, don't think I'll bother.

If there is a helecopter Decepticon in the third movie (there probably will be), then they better use a different mold, instead of just repainting this one. (Although i sincerely doubt they will redo the mold)