TFTM '86 20th Anniversary DVD Movie Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by solitudinal, Oct 15, 2008.

1. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    I am an utter geek.

I listen to this in the car while I commute, tearing up the road as I zoom to LION and N.R.G.

I have visions of plowing through the front of a TRU/Walmart/Target with a Hummer H2 while blasting Spectre General (Kickaxe)'s Nothin's Gonna Stand In Our Way and screaming "We won't be denied!" as I berserker rush to the TF section.

When I finally get down to packing my stuff to move homes I'm planning to leave Escape by Vince Dicola on eternal repeat as I pack my TFs into cardboard boxes.

/rant

tl;dr - I love the TFTM '86 soundtrack!

2. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    :lol 

Its a great cheesy rock soundtrack. Love "Instruments of Destruction"
    It really set the scene for the demise of Prowl, Ratchet, Brawn and Ironhide.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Funny... I was just listening to the soundtrack this morning on my way to class! :lol 

You just gotta love LION's version of the Transformers theme, ooh and Stan Bush's "The Touch." YEAH!

4. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    Definitely. I'll never forget how Megatron yells "Die Autobots!!" and then the vocals kick in as he transforms and then Blam!, down goes Brawn.

YES! But somehow The Touch never really does it for me. If I had to choose I would pick Dare over The Touch anytime. It's probably just me :eek: 

5. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    I prefer Dare too. Its upbeat and gives a feeling of "ok, something big is gonna happen now!"

Yeah Megatron had some scary yells in the movie "Let the slaughter begin" :rock 

6. Lock Cade

"Dare" is good, too... but in the movie, when I see Prime transforming and they're beginning to play "The Touch" as he sets off to face Megatron, gunning all the other Decepticons down as he goes... to me, it's pure gold.

And besides, I consider "The Touch" as my theme song... kinda like how my old friend had the theme from "Ghostbusters" as his theme song.

7. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was just listening to it on the way to get my comics and looking for more transformers. love the soundtrack have both the old one and the 20th aniv. Love all the songs and stan bush's transformers theme on the 20th is really good.

8. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Listening to it right now. Great stuff. :) 

9. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I need the soundtrack but I know all the songs by heart and the Touch will always be a personal fav the movie was the first time i seen Transformers and fell in love with the Hobby something about Prime just charging through and that sence with him and Megs fighting yes i have those lines memorized one shall stand one shall fall why throw away your life so recklessly that is a question you should ask your self megatron yeah its that special to me Long live the original soundtrack!!!

10. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I own three copies of the soundtrack. One that I special-ordered back in the 90's and played so much that it won't work anymore, one that I found in a Sam Goody's to replace the first with, and then of course the 20th anniversary one because I am a brainwashed Hasbro zombie.

In college, I ran the music for baseball games, and "The Touch" was always played after the home team hit a home run. The team requested that it be their official home run song.

11. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    :rock  Megatron really has some killer lines. Like "Constructicons, merge for the kill!" It would have been funny if he said "Merge for the win". :lol 

Everytime during the Guitar/Drums bridge of Dare (not musically talented so I'm not sure if I'm using the right terms), I'll always reimagine the scene where Blitzwing transforms into his tank mode and says "Come on down, Autobot!"

Love how menacing he sounds, even though he misfires.

Love that scene too, I guess one of the main reasons I prefer Dare over The Touch is because the latter is overplayed by most of us fans, and in so many TF youtube videos/reviews someones going to be using it. :tongue: 

That is all kinds of awesome. Many internets to you, sir.

12. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

13. Lock Cade

Ah, yes... that became one of my top 5 fav versions of the TF theme. I usually put that song on repeat mode in my CD player. :rock 

So far, the only TF vid I saw on YouTube was the one where Optimus and Megatron are at lunch, and their waiter is Go-Bots' Leader-1. I still get a kick of Megatron's ringtone being "The Touch."

Obviously, my brother likes "Dare." When we were listening to the soundtrack on our way home after a TF shopping spree, he tried to reenact the scene where Hot Rod flies the Quintesson ship into Unicron's eye... and I wasn't amused, 'cause he was driving my Jeep and he should be paying attention to the road, not acting out parts of the movie.

14. solitudinal

solitudinal /B/anned

News Credits:
    Hilarious! Do you have a link for that vid?

As for your brother, you guys drive a jeep! That is SO totally Hound/Swindle. I hope it's either in green or yellow :lol