TFTM 2007 Robot Heroes

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Grimlock_13, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I didn't see a thread in this forum after a search, but as always if I'm late to the party go ahead and delete!

I picked up these guys last night at one of my local Wal-Marts. I've been addicted to the little guys since I got Grimlock/ Shockwave on June 2nd, and there haven't been many non-transforming TFs I've been into, but the little things display very nicely!

Anyway, I wasn't too keep on most of the movie ones since their aestetic doesn't really lend themselves to 'Cute' very well. Overall I was pleasently surprised.

Barricade is by far my favorite. Perfect representation of the character in a decent pose that doesn't make it look like it needs to use the bathroom after eating at Taco Bell. The colors are spot on. The head and arms move.

Bumblebee is good too. It has the same articulation as Barricade.

Ratchet is...off...for some reason. I really don't like the sculpt that much. His arms and head move.

Megatron is decent. I like the pose and bigass claws and feet. It's eyes look demented, like a Care bear with rabies. It's head and arms move.

Jazz is much better than I thought. Probably my third favorite overall. It's cool that it has the character's shield molded on its arm. Head and arms move.

Frenzy isn't as good as I imagined. The color is a big letdown for me, rather than being all silver, it has more of a bronze accent color as well. But this is well shown in internet pics so I knew what I was getting into. The sculpt isn't BAD per se, but I'd like it better if it was all silver. Arms move, and I think the head is supposed to, but it doesn't move very well.

Optimus is very cool, but it almost seems like they just copied the G1 RH mold and modified it. It doesn't have a mouth (for anyone wondering). Head, arms, and WAIST are articulated.

Blackout...is alright. My least favorite unfortunately. The main body, arms and limbs are the greyish-blue color of the Voyager toy, but the blades and backpack are black. The face is silver and it has a mouth, which is the biggest WTF? aspect. If there was a more unified color scheme, and it had the "faceplate" that the actual character has it would be much better. Head and arms move, but the arms are obstructed by the molded on huge missiles that conflict with the rotors.

Overall? They're Robot Heroes so I love 'em. But some are definitely better than others.

2. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Hmm, sounds like a couple are worth picking up.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Jazz looks like my favorite. I'm going to Wal*Mart next thursday for TC/Jazz, Prime/Unicron and the five pack to finish the G1s, I'll deffinately look for these too.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got four a few days ago, and just got the remaining four today. These are NOT reviewed in order, or in the way they are packed together. (Op with Blackout, Megs with Ratchet, Bumblbee with Barricade, Jazz with Frenzy)

Optimus: Pretty good, though it looks and feels a lot like the G1 RH figure in many ways. Nice to have an extra joint in the waist.

Megatron: Pretty cool sculpt, but could use some more paint to bring it out. Looks to have the 'old' head design, but since it was cutesy-fied anyway, they didn't bother to update it like they did for other toys. The happy shark-grin is pretty funny.

Bumblebee: Decent, but the yellow plastic obscures a lot of detail. The cute version of the face looks like a fat guy wearing a football helmet.

Barricade: Good sculpt, good pose, effective use of paint. Probably the best face of the bunch, as the movie design cutes up into a nice evil expression.

Blackout: Not very impressive. You almost have to be told who it's supposed to be, since the sculpt isn't very clear. Pose is pretty lame too ("BooooOoooOOoo. I'm SCAAARRYyyyyyy!")

Ratchet: Distinct meh. Looks pretty much like who it's supposed to be, but it also looks like the dog's been chewing on the figure for a while.

Jazz: Another gem. Took very well too the chibi process. Could use a little more paint, but makes good use of the detail its got.

Frenzy: So stupid looking it's damn funny. Frenzy's Erector set body and lobster-like head are offset by cartoon proportions and an unusually pleasant smile in the middle of that totally inhuman face.

My favorites are Jazz and Barricade.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  5. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

i now dislike you- i cannot look at any version of movie megatron now without thinking of a rabies infected carebear. legends megatron even has some little kite shaped thing on this chest that could be part of a care bear rabies stare.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:

:lol 

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    just got these guy, theyre pure love. everytime i pick up frenzy and look at the goofy grin i start cackling uncontrollably...more than usual.

the best looking one is jazz, he really looks cool with proportions closer to the movie CGI compare to the deluxe toy. the worst is ratchet, he just looks bland. bleh.

8. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Yeah the Jazz figure rocks. I've got him posed with his shield out covering Optimus, who is looking the other way and aiming at someone else. These little guys can really be posed in alot of ways that look good despite the lack of articulation. I just jumble them all together, G1 and New Movie all in one big mele...looks funky, but oh well.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Finally got them! (Yesterday) My thoughs...

Jazz: Neat little guy. Can pull off some cool poses considering he only has three points of movement. Detail is fantastic and alot of it is paintd, which is nice. Deffinately lives up to the robot hero standard. A

Frenzy: LOL, this guy's a riot! The Face still has me smiling, and I was surprised he actually moves! With such an awkward head and thin arms I wasn't expecting much. Excellent detail aswell. I wish he was silver (though the copper/brown brings out a lot of detail) and had blue eyes (*twitch*). A-

Prime: Sweet, very neat little guy. Sculpt is amazing. I love the colour choice, except I wish he had more red on the arms. The gunarm's cool, but bI wish he had two hands, as he only used his gun once. The most articulated RH with four points of movement! A

Blackout: My least favorite. Not really inpressed by the colours but funny looking. B-/C

BB: One of my favorites. Sculpt is very nice with good amount of paint and detail. Standard three articulation points. A

Barricade: Very cool. Face detail and other sculpted details are painted nicely. Standard movement. A

Megatron: My second favorite. Sculpt is awesome, very side-splitting! I would've changed the colours, though. Nice grabbing pose. (Gimme, gimme Allspark! LOL) Standard movement. A+

Ratchet: Adorable! The little thumbs-up pose is priceless! Has standard movement but really only works in the :thumb  pose. I love him, but others might not. A

10. nightboomfer

nightboomfer SeƱor Member

Is there a chibi Bonecrusher available?
    "I hate being a chibi!"

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think he's in the second wave.

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatron looks weird, I feel like he is reaching out to grab someones crotch.