Minor/Repaint: TFTM (2007) Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Drpee, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im so excited! Ive been working my guts out on this darned thing for months now. Wretched thing didnt want to get customized! Everything that you can possibly imagine going wrong went wrong! I must have painted this thing about 5 times from the ground up now, re-done the flames about the same amount of times and thats no quick and easy task either. I had to re-draw each and every flame pattern, re-cut them and re-mask them. Bloody pain in the arse this thing i tell ya, costly as well as every thing that went wrong ate into my budget. To top it all off one of the bloody arms broke just as i was finishing it off a few weeks ago! It was only thanks to the kind, angel-like saving grace of a fellow board member (G1Optimal) who sent me the part i needed free of charge that this thing didnt end up in the recycling! I had intended to get this doen ages ago and then move onto a ROTF Prime custom. The idea was to cut my teeth on the old version before working on what i consider a masterpiece. Still, at least i've learned a lot of valuable experiance and (hopefully) how not to 'eff up next time.

Anyway enough of my old-man moaning about what i dubbed "the cursed custom that didnt want to be made". I just finished adding the chrome to it tonight and i was really pleased with the results. Sorry for the rubbish-grainy pic but its night time here now so i had to use the flash.

Anyway enjoy the mirrory alclad goodness. Next update will hopefully be when he's finished, which will hopefully be soon (so long as nothing else goes wrong :rolleyes: )

Attached Files:

2. Spurt Reynolds

Spurt Reynolds Puppet Show Justice!!

Chrome looks excellent,as for the project getting you down dont worry we all get too close to these things sometimes it`s the perseverence that often makes a project.
    Keep up the good work.

3. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks mate. **Name-calling is not permitted. Please review the rules as well as the Radicons Guidelines and Etiquette. Thanks. ~Radicons Staff**

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2009
  4. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    have a 5 star on me to make up for it lol chrome looks awsome cant wait for the finished product

5. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol thank you. It doesnt really bother its just the whole attitude you know? I mean its not even finished, all you can see is the chrome yet someone is judging it as "terrible". :rolleyes:  I bet its jealousy, and i think i know who :wink: 

6. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    haha well i have to admit im jealous of the skills people use alclad with but no reason to do that, dont let em put you off it came out really well

7. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah i wont. It'll take more than petty childish stabs to put me off.
    Thanks for the support buddy! :)  I hope once its done the rest doesnt disappoint. I'll post another WIP soon as i cant finish the alt mode for at least a good week or two now. Having to wait on some important materials to arrive that will hopefully allow me to add the finishing touches.

8. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I know this one has been problematic for you but it looks like you're getting there in style!

Pay no attention to whomever gave you 1 star, constructive criticism is one thing but that sort of behavior comes from jealousy of your abilities or major insecurity issues.

There's always room for more quality customisers in the community and don't let anybody put you off.

9. chris-morada

chris-morada Banned

I see you are doing the chrome thing now! Looks sharp man! BTW Don't let the stars bother you.

10. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah. I know who is doing it too and its not impressive. Youd think someone like that wouldnt be so insecure or pathetic but i guess thats just how certain people are.

Thanks! I wont, it just irks me that someone in this community is so pathetic and low that they are going to automatically give every thread of mine 1 star regardless of quality just to be spiteful.

11. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

cool beans man take off the tape already. i have a chrome scheme cooking not with alclad though :ev: 

12. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Updated with a new pic. Just some small bits of touch up left to do, and chrome the wheels and then add some pinstripes.

13. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol alright, as you wish. Im pleased with the chrome, not bad for a novice i suppose.

14. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    SHiny! 5 stars from me by default! Great work Drpee. You've got mad skillz!!

15. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sorry but aren't the stars on this thread to indicate that they are slightly above average.... Either way I think your chrome work looks pretty good, so keep us posted. My only criticism is the yellow fade its just a touch to prodominant. Other than though it looks like its going to be a top notch piece for sure.

16. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OMG do you really think so? I cant tell you how much that means to me coming from you. You are one of my main inspirations, i really look up to you so hearing you say that has really made my day! Thank you so much!

Originally someone gave it a 1, which according to the system means "terrible", obviously that was just one loser with an issue with me. I havnt got a clue why though, but we soon showed him! :p 

Thanks for the compliments and critique!

17. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah, thats hot.

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Guys and gals, get off of the discussion of the thread rating system. The system is set up in such a way that it is anonymous;, no one knows who votes what, unless they tell another person. It's gotten to the point where it's petty on one person's rating, and childish for others to cry and whine about it. Many others have already said that it's not that big of a deal to them anyways. Also, if someone is doing things maliciously and see that it gets under the target's skin, they'll continue to do it.

Keep this topic on the project discussion (which is coming along great, I'll add) and leave it there.

19. blacklion29

blacklion29 Merlion Gestalt

Ebay:
    nice chrome. keep up the good work.

20. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

yup yhats slicker than snot