TFTM '07 - Voyager Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Feb 26, 2007.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    But you didn't skip it according to what you're saying. Just try to prove me that Barricade doesn't look nice in car mode. Just try.

2. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Wow, I like.

3. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    nice looking pics.. can you imagine GM making a replica of ironhide the real truck you can drive

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Once he comes out officially, I doubt we'll have to wait long to see that. But even before that happens I can assure you he will be freaking awesome.

What bothers me the most is that it seems the only hate these new figures are getting are because they are movie based toys. The figures themselves, for the most part, are amazing in so many ways. Highly detailed and accurate alt modes, the likes of which can only be found in some G1 toys or the Alt line, highly complex transformations rivaling Alts themselves and incredibly high playability including awesome weapons on many and extreme articulation, often beating out alts. Their heads, though highly detailed moreso then any TF figure released today, aren't really that much more alien then many previous mainline TF series released in the past, heck looking over tfu.info you'll easily find many non-beast TFs who have faces of a similar 'alien' design on them from G1 all the way into Cybertron.

This is a definate buy for me, in fact most of the movie Deluxes and Voyagers are. I doubt I'll have room to display them all without completely remodeling my room.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    That is damn awesome!

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'm not even going to try. Barricade looks great in car mode. So does Bumblebee and Ironhide (except for rockets).

Armada did look like shit and for all intents and purpose I skipped it. The reason I have the line was that I happened to get most of them on the clearance racks, which if I do buy any of the movie figures besides Optimus and Megatron will be the same way.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I hate the movie designs (maybe "hate" is too strong... but I'm not happy with them)... but I LOVE many of the new toys!

I think part of the disdain for the "monster-faces" of the new TFs is based on the depictions we see in the more complex CGI models... there have been weird or inhuman looking faces before, but in general, the style we're seeing in the movie reminds me most of Beast Wars and Vehicons... my least favourite "style" of TFs.

I think the OTHER part of the disdain for the "monster-faces" is not even the faces themselves, but the fact that these faces are meant to represent characters that already have a strong visual associations with the fans. Hence, in this case, while I don't really mind the head on this toy, he's no Ironhide to me. Makes a good Clench though. :) 

Plus, when I eventually buy this figure, I'll be strongly considering swapping the head with something I like better, to make him into a more obvious G1 homage (if it's not too difficult, and if I find something that works with the design).

zmog

8. EDcomics

EDcomics Foxtail Dreamer

I have to say, that looks really good. Light years beyond movie Ratchet. It's just a better design, and it *feels* more like a Transformer. That being said, the movie version will be less blocky (I prefer the bulky, blocky look), but will still be pretty close to this. The Voyager movie toys seem to more closely resemble their on-screen counterparts than the Deluxe class. For $20, it's a good buy.

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I cannot agree with any part of that sentence. Armada was brilliant, and in the form of minicons, gave us one of the most popular and enduring gimmicks the franchise has ever known. Like every line, it had its stinkers, but (if I'm not remembering incorrectly) it had some of the highest sales figures since early Beast Wars.

Whether one likes the movie asthetics or not, there is no denying that the movie toys are really a leap forward in engineering; and (in my opinion), have some of the most stunning alt modes we've ever seen.

• Like Like x 1
  10. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Nice

*imagines Alt. Nemesis Prime cowering in fear after having his ass handed to him by movie Ironhide*

11. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

If i had the money i'd by a GMC Topkick and trick it out so it looked like Ironhide...
    That dude is tough!!!

Me Grimlock no nice dino... (Just wanted to say that)..

12. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm no great fan of the movie designs, but I'll admit that the toyline, monster heads aside, looks good with this and Blackout.

Dunno if I'd buy it with all the cool stuff coming out (MP05, MP3 Soundwave etc) but great engineering. Maybe if it hits the sales...

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love him!

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah you're right, they look like fucking shit. :rolleyes2 

15. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

looks more like nemesis prime than ironhide. would be interesting to see this repainted in red though...

16. smkspy

thanks for agreeing with me:peoples: 

17. kaxblastard

kaxblastard Banned

Ebay:
    Anyone remember ironhide being Red?
    is red so hard?

nice ******ed face.

18. Superion80

Superion80 Well-Known Member

It's not G1 Ironhide it's Movie ironhide just like energon Ironhide wasn't G1 Ironhide. Why is this so hard for people to understand.

• Like Like x 1
  19. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Exactly. I can't care less for G1 Ironhide and his red minivan. It was neat then, the vintage toy is cool, but for a 2007 movie, it's completely outdated.

Do you remember Ironhide being a black Spychanger pick-up truck? (Universe)
    Do you remember Ironhide being a white Spychanger pick-up truck? (RID)
    Do you remember Ironhide being a blue SUV? (Energon)
    Do you remember Ironhide being a green SUV? (Energon)
    Do you remember Ironhide being an elephant? (Beast Wars)
    Do you remember Ironhide being a tank? (Micron Legend)
    Do you remember Ironhide being a dune-buggy? (Armada)

• Like Like x 1
  20. smkspy

I want an ironhide that is the van from Little Miss Sunshine.