TFTM 07 Unreleased Basic Backtrack

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Ray Kremer, May 3, 2010.

1. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Thanks to a tip from one of the folks that found Gunbarrel and Reverb, I obtained the third member of the canceled Target exclusive scout wave, Backtrack, the blue repaint of Cybertron Lugnutz. (I'm not so keen on the Energon combiners, but I do like me some motorcycle Transformers.)

The good people at Taobao Direct noticed us swarming for these three guys: Trans-geeks

The cardback:

[​IMG]

These were meant for Mexico it seems, the bottom has a sticker over the Hasbro legal stuff and Spanish language instructions are included (on non-glossy paper, as opposed to the glossy paper the English directions use):

[​IMG]

The toy itself, no surprises if you've encountered the mold before from its two uses in the Cybertron line (and if you haven't, reviews on it from back then shouldn't be hard to find):

[​IMG]

License Plate Kentucky MR 37. MR? Machine Robo? Yes, indeed:
    Machine Robos Tonka Gobots toys Go Bots. Japanese mighty robots also by Popy.
    Harley Robo, a.k.a. Gobot Night Ranger, a blue motorcycle.
    Night Ranger - Guardian - www.tfu.info

Sorry for the misfocus on the "weapons deployed" photo:

[​IMG]

The motorcycle is pretty plain, no flames or pinstripes, but it looks good. A small amount of allspark blue appears on the motorcycle seat/robot crotch and upper legs, I didn't even realize it at first since it fits in really well with the base color scheme of the toy (unlike with some of the other later-wave movie toys, no matter how sparingly they used it). Note this differs from the cardback photo, which has allspark blue on the feet but not the crotch. The cyber key is a generic type, as Hasbro took to using with post-Cybertron reuses of Cybertron molds. It's cast in an allspark-blue-esque color, I think the same as the energon weapons of Gunbarrel and Reverb. The mold is holding up well, I notice no problems that weren't there with Lugnutz or Hightail (head doesn't move at all, kibble impedes arm movement, etc.). Altogether an excellent repaint and I'm pleased to own it finally, regardless of its incredible rarity.

(Also, while I was digging around Taobao, I came across the "Transcumer" mini plushies from www.the-arker.com and got the movie versions of Optimus and Bumblebee. They are pretty much what you see in the photos, but let me know if anybody wants to see a review/photo thread for them.)

Attached Files:

2. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ray, I was just going to post this yesterday. Got mine a couple weeks ago from Tabao too. Not interested in the Energon combiners either. Now my Cyberkey collection is totally complete. Going to take a pic with all 3 motorcycles.

[​IMG]

3. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here are some pics of all three bikes together. I know my exhaust pipes are missing on BackTrack when I took the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

opened mine...the license plate was tilted up at a angle...went to move it down to be viewable...came completely off in my hand...along with the entire joint the plate was pinned into....so now i have a backtrack with no license plate....

oh well

still a good repaint of this mold....