TFTM '07 - Leader Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by 1UpCheatachu, May 17, 2007.

1. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

PICTURES (Pictures next to Leader Prime coming soon):

Click the thumbnails for the larger images.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Robot Mode:

The robot mode is pretty darn awesome. He has good poseability. His "pincers" movie independantly of eachother. I tried to get a picture of Megatron strangling Starscream, but I couldn't get it to look good. His right claw can be pulled out to be used as a chain. Unfortunately, the hand doesn't shoot out. The left arm has a feature where the arms "combine and become a fusion cannon. Unfortunately, you have to hold the switch for the fusion cannon, or else it pops back in. Also, the head doesn't move at all. Darn.

Transformation:

It's hard to describe a transformation, so bare with me. The transformation isn't too hard, although the instructions are bit hard to understand. Anyway, you start by pushing down a lever on his chest, which is similar to Leader Prime. Then, you flip up his lower half. His head is then flipped around. Here's where some automorph comes in; you flip down the nose of the jet and the wings pop out. Cool. Then you slide down the nose and swing a panel that covers Megatron's face. Then, you flip his lower half all the way around. You fold his feet up and then the armor on the forearms goes out. Then you lock the arms in to place and twist around a part on the bottom of the figure. Then, you move legs up. After that you flip the back of the ship up and lock the legs in to place. The end.

Cybertronian Jet Mode:

When I first finished transforming Megatron, I thought to myself, "Did I do this right...?" Indeed, I did. This thing looks horrible. Sure, it's supposed to be an alien ship, but I can clearly see his head. It looks like a bunch of parts just thrown together. If you push a button on the top, it makes sound effects.

OVERALL:

Overall, I'd give this figure a 6/10. I love the robot mode, and the transformation is fun, but the alternate mode is horrible. The figure is great just for the robot mode, though.

2. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

I was just wondering when this guy would pop up. I'll be passing, and hope for a nice voyager at some point, ice free, to match Prime.

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Love the sculpt, not hating the altmode, but good lord those paint apps wreck it for me something fierce. :( 

Still gonna pick him up as I like the look of the mold, but to me this is how you obliterate a toy through the colour choices. Would have much rather seen the Cyb. Galvatron treatment done on him.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Wow. I'm actually likeing this figure now, lol. I'll probably pick him up now.

5. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    What an evil looking horror! Definitely a must-have!

6. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

does he have bicep movement at all?

7. 1UpCheatachu

Bicep? I don't know my body parts too well, but he can bend his elbows, move his arm outwards, up, and down from the shoulder, etc.

8. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh.... he'll be a clearance or second-hand pickup for me it seems.

9. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm. I really hope they do a more silvery accented version like Vangelus said...but if that doesn't happen, I might have to wait until he goes on sale and then try to repaint him myself.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:

I definitely agree man, the cybertron galvatron paint should be the standard by which all silver tfs should be painted.

1up, thanks a lot for the review man, to my knowledge your the first one of us to get it. Do his right and left arm both combine to form a fusion cannon or is it just the left arm? Also, does the cannon itself lock into place? Or must the things be popped out? I am wondering if the cannon can be locked into place if you do not want those attachement things popping out. For example, if it were folded into cannon position, would it be limp, or stay in place even if you are not holding down a button to pop the fins out? Sorry if this sounds confusing. The fins popping out of the cannon don't do much for me but if the cannon can remain locked in place, it might be a buy for me if there is a more paint consistent repaint coming.

11. 1UpCheatachu

You're very welcome! Only the left arm forms a fusion cannon. Do you mean the things on his arms? They don't lock anywhere, but they stay where you put them. I hope that's what you meant. If not, tell me.

12. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Oh I meant, the fusion cannon on his left arm, when you swing it out, does it lock into place? If you wanted to pose him with his fusion cannon aiming at the air, could it be possible?

13. 1UpCheatachu

You can pose his with the cannon aiming at the air, but you have to hold the button down for all the parts to stay out.

14. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Great figure !! Glad that the colour ain't as ugly as we seen.

15. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

ah, the joint on a transformer thats i between the elbow and shoulder, allowing him to move his arm to swivel inwards and outwards.

Say for example having a transformer point his gun normally then making him tilt it gangstah style, from the bicep.

He looks cool though.

16. 1UpCheatachu

Oh, yeah, he can do that. :) 

17. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I see. Thanks for answering man!
    Does the cannon lock into the left arm however? For example, lets say you pose him aiming his cannon in the air. If you were to flick your finger at his cannon, would his cannon be dislodged, or remain/locked into place?

This is sounding good man! The paint job is the only thing bother me, proportions and gimmick are good, with better paint this will be a lot better than the voyager.

18. 1UpCheatachu

Nope, it doesn't lock in. However, you have to flick it pretty hard to get it out. Ouch! :D 

19. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Ah I see! Thanks for clarifying! Thats still good!
    I hope he gets repainted!

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    he looks pretty bad. the chest looks too plain. what a dissapointment.