TFTM '07 Final Battle Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ViceGripX, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I just want the gun. :( 

2. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i actually prefer the longer hinge, it allows for the arm mod (not so much a mod as a different transform). The arm mod allows the arms to look much cooler, and not so much 2 pieces of hood with nothing between em.

3. jetrex

jetrex Transform and Roll Out!

Ebay:
    I just got one a few days ago.. and now i think it was a bad idea.. I just dont like his look. If I do open him believe me he'll be able to split apart!:lolol 

4. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

All he'd have to do is swap out the connector and use the orignal arms as is. But I agree that I don't see it as being too big of an improvemnt.

5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    This is my first Jazz figure. I was looking forward to it since I saw the first packaging photos. Decent figure but not one of the better deluxes. The alt mode is sleek and done well. The robot mode is okay. The automorph is suttle and simple, not as mindblowing as others. The arms are the worst part of the figure. The elbow articulation is weird and its confusing to tell how they are exactly supposed to be configured. Ball joints would have been preferrable for the shoulders to the hinges used. I was expecting a range of motion comparable to Barricade, but this is not the case. The hindered knee articulation bothers me too. The sculpted battle damage is done well, and its a nice touch that Hasbro went as far as to sculpt an all new visor that is battle damaged too. I bought this version mainly because of the movie accurate gun. The gun does not dissapoint, I'm a big fan of the sniper rifle mode. If you want a movie accurate Jazz, get this one, but don't expect it to be as good as Bumblebee 77(don't have the new one yet), Barricade, Dreadwing, Wreckage, or Dropkick. The arms and hindered knees hurt the figure, had these been designed differently, he would be one of the best deluxes.

6. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

got him and longarm today, and decided to use them as test subjects in my experiment to see what the heck keeping figs sealed is all about.

bot- lemme get him out, k. wll, there goes the MISB value. the gun is rather bamboozling. i don't min#d the chunky legs, and the arms aren't that bad. i'm glad i got this, and credit is due to the review on collection dx not being overly harsh on jazz. it is a shame that the hands had to be scrunched up in the 3 digit fist, but understandable.

tf- the arms are just tricky to squese past the roof, but not hard in themselves thankfully. the feet discs worry me though.

car- it is a wonderful choice of car. the gun is nicer here, but not enough to redeem it sadly. so jazz is off to join the hippys. the badly matched silver really jarrs though.

overall, this is a simple fig for simple people. i would reccomend that you check out colectiondx's review however, to see if you like him first.

7. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Anyone know what the extra hinge and peg on the gun are for? I can't seem to connect it to any of the holes on the figure.

8. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    What was the arm mod again? I never paid attention to it when it was all the rage, and now that I'm looking into getting a Jazz, it's vanished without a trace.

9. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

Has anyone tried splitting final battle Jazz in two? Real talk. Even tho Jazz is my fave character I kinda want a Jazz that Leader megs can rip in two. I guess I love torturing myself.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    The gun attaches to the inside of the lower arm under the top piece/half. You can either use the movie accurate gun, or fold out the sniper rifle barrel and switch the gun around so that the rifle barrel points forward rather than backward. in that respect, has 2 guns pointing front and back.

11. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Final Battle Jazz

If there is already a thread about this, my bad.

I just picked up Final Battle Jazz, and I thought I'd write a little blurb. I'm sure you're all wondering what the differences are between him and Autobot Jazz(lol).

Well, first of all, his color is slightly lighter, just a touch.
    His legs, crotch, and head all exhibit battle damage.
    The clear plastic of his windows is grey instead of blue.
    Instead of that ridiculous harpoon, he has a nice, big missile firing cannon that can extend into a...something really long that looks wicked.

Speaking of looking wicked, FBJ definitely looks totally awesome in the package. And if I were you, that is where I would leave him. He is VEEERY pretty, but once you get him out and get your hands on him, he's just jazz with a different gun, kinda like Barbie with a new hat.

Recommended for serious collectors.

12. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
  13. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

he's boring in package. all he does is stand there staring at his cleavage.

14. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Just like yo momma?!(ohohoho!!!)
    I didn't feel like removing the pins, so I took out the screws in the back of his hips, then there are screws on the inside

15. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Usually, "battle damage" figures are just a cheap excuse for a repaint that isn't even fully a repaint. I still am not sure if I can bring myself to buy battle damage Voyager Prime or the battle damage WalMart Robot replica two pack.

This guy though, has actual mold changes and given the events in the movie a pretty good justification for being made. So yeah, win.

16. wtrz

wtrz chronically online

News Credits:
    Transformers Movie - Final Battle Jazz

In the 2007 Movie line, Jazz was released as part of the first wave. The fandom's response to it was a mixed bag. A Target G1-colored exclusive was also released, slightly improved. Now, we are going to take a look at the third use of this mold.

Vehicle Mode

[​IMG]
    This retooling of Jazz is supposed to represent himself in the big battle near the climax of the film. He still retains the Pontiac Solstice motif. I discovered that he is a slight shade darker than the original, along with a different windshield color.

[​IMG]

But alas, there is no battle damage to be seen anywhere. His weapon can still clip on to the rear spoiler. I will go into more detail on his gun later on.

[​IMG]

Robot Mode

[​IMG]

In robot mode, he is incredibly detailed with battle damage, that being energon leaking, wires and circuitry exposed, etc. He even has a cracked visor, accurate to the movie. All of his previous articulation remains the same.

[​IMG]

His weapon, called a "Cresent Cannon," is actually the correct model compared to his original weapon. I personally like this better, because of the accuracy and it also can double as a rifle. The shield functions the same as the original.

[​IMG]

Overall, it is a solid toy. It is a shame that the weapon did not make it to the Premium version of Jazz. It would have been perfect.

Grade: B+

Thanks for reading!! I will be doing these every weekend. Also, PM me with ideas and I will see if I am able to do so.

~Will

17. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Holy corpse-sex!

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always liked movie 1 Jazz.

19. Mister Guy

Mister Guy Well-Known Member

It's alive! IT'S ALIVE!!! :p 

I recently bought the "Battle over Mission City" set but didn't post anything because this thread was long dead. 2 reasons I bought the set:
    • I didn't have the first movie Megatron, and this one had a more "normal" color (not blue eyes, black face, etc.)
    • I really wanted the more accurate gun that came with it. I don't have much problems with some innacuracy in the figures, it's understandable, but the other gun/sword thing it's just boring.

I never had any problem with deluxe Jazz, sure it's a little "chubby" but still it retains the CGI model shapes, curves and lines (unlike voyager ratchet).

It's surprising to me how they actually modified the mold from the figure to show the damage instead of just using paint apps, I think it's the only one from the movie line that actually did that.

Funny thing with my Battle Damage Jazz (not sure about others) is that almost all the joint are very loose, which I find very appropiate for a "battle damaged" figure.

20. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I really wanted this version b/c of the gun. My buddy down the street got this for shiggles when it came out. I wonder if he still has it?