TFTM '07 - Fast Action Battler Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Feb 9, 2007.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Received this little guy today. Being a Starscream collector, I was pretty excited!

JET MODE

Viewed from the top, it looks pretty slick. The detailing reminds me of the one found on Energon Starscream. The flattened nose looks pretty cool and unique for a Starscream. Cockpit is painted black, it's not translucent. Upfront, there's a retractable landing gear with a smaller rolling wheel. Two missiles are kinda molded on the hands. At the back, the legs are clearly visible, but that had to be expected from a toy like that. Each leg has a little wheel so you can roll SS around. All the wings are made of soft plastic.

TRANSFORMATION

Pretty easy and fun. Flip down the cockpit, flip down the legs, split the jet in 2 by the wings and a gear mecanism will move a few parts to help complete the transformation. Snap the torso in position and you're pretty much done.

ROBOT MODE

Joints at the head, shoulders, hips and knees. Does't sound like a lot, but you can still pose him quite decently. The left arm has 2 gimmicks : push the lower button to flip out the blade, and push on the shoulder button to activate the slashing action (spring-loaded arm will move up 90 degrees). Pretty cool. Arms and lower legs are made of soft plastic as well. I love the headsculpt, Starscream looks like an evil crazy demented borderline treacherous hypocritical maniac.

Overall, it's a satisfying figure. The only downsides are the rubbery wings and the head kinda looking down for some reason.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    how about your voyager starscream review?

3. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Different shipment, should arrive next week, then followed by Barricade and Brawl.

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awww...He's so cute!

5. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    pretty cool. how tall is the robot mode?

6. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Between 4-5 inch tall.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I wanted to buy a Battler so I chose Starscream. Generally, he looks alright and has okay articulation for what is essentially a Playskool toy. Transformation is pretty smooth but can be a little tricky to lock the parts together. This is especially true if the arm accidentally springs out.

Since I have no interest in any other Starscream, this one makes a fine addition to Deluxe Decepticons.

[​IMG]

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think I may be destined to dislike all Movie Starscream toys.

On the upside, FAB Starscream has a charmingly comical look in jet mode. with the claws poking out around the edges, it looks a bit like a jet mated with a turtle. :) 

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    FAB SS FTW!!!

He's teid with Ironhide as my favorite FAB, the robot mode is too cool!

10. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

New Ferry Woolies stocked up on movie TF's, yay!
    First one I picked up was FAB STARSCREAM and I must say, he isn't too bad at all.
    With Voyager SS in the post this guy is just a stop-gap for me, but I can see this line being a huge hit with younger fans.

The (virtually) single-motion transformation is neat, and both robot and jet modes (especialy the former) are respectable. The arms could have had a little more articulation, and merely by putting joints in the wrists the hands could have rotated and been integrated into the jet mode more. Pity about the head too - He's always looking down!

Still, for what he is I'm having a lot of fun with him.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Actually, if you angle his head back, he doesn't look down anymore.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    So-So,For FAB Starscream The Blade is more of a ladder,what is it for breaking into people's house doing debauchery. :D