TFTM '07 - Fast Action Battler Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ViceGripX, Feb 3, 2007.

1. ViceGripX

ViceGripX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to dedicate this review to my cat, Felix, who my wife and I had to put to sleep this morning due to Feline Leukemia. You are missed, little buddy. We love you.

I have no way to know for sure, but I believe this is probably the final color scheme for this toy. So, except for the word sample written on Jazz' spoiler, this could be the same toy that will be out later in the year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In vehicle mode, Jazz is a Pontiac Solstice. He measures 5 3/4" long, 3" wide, and 2 1/4" tall (all measurements approximate to within 1/16 of an inch, give or take). Jazz is mostly gray with black wheels, the front two of which only have rotating tires as the wheels are static. His windows are painted a metallic slate, headlights metallic silver, rear lights red, with yellow front turn signals/brights. The grill is black with a red (yet simplified) Pontiac symbol above it and just above and behind the rear window are two silver triangles. Except for his feet and a little bit of his right arm and the launcher tab of his left arm, there's no robot kibble to betray his disguise. Seeing as this is a simplified version of Jazz for the F.A.B. line, that's pretty good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The transformation can be a little sticky, but I haven't found a simpler way to do it yet. Separate the rear of the roof from the back of the car by it's two tabs. Split the rear of the vehicle into the legs and lower. This can be a little difficult as the doors are tabbed into the rear fenders tightly. Swing the entire robot body, from the waist down, beneath the hood. As you do this, his arms will slide out a bit, the front grill will move forward, and his head will pop out slightly. Flip the roof down, the head up, the arms down and out, and remove the missile from the tabs inside his right leg and place in his left arm launcher.

2. ViceGripX

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In robot mode, Jazz stands 6" tall and is 3 3/4" wide at the shoulders. His colors stay the same save for some added black on his torso. His lower legs also have some bronze pistons and black paneling as well as what looks like parts of another tire on the rear inside of each leg. Jazz is articulated at the shoulders, waist, knees, and hips, which are ball-sockets. His waist is also spring activated, so that when you rotate it to the right and let go, he snaps back to punch Decepticons. Jazz' head has a silver-ish visor and black mouth, giving him a distinct look that differs from his previous toys yet looks familiar. He has a black Autobot insignia where a belt buckle would be. Lastly, his launcher fires a good 2-3 feet, depending on the angle of launch.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The detailing is pretty good considering this isn't the main Jazz toy from the movie line-up. Being the huge Jazz fan that I am, I wasn't too sure I'd like the movie designs, but this one is pretty fun. He's well-articulated, yet features a simple transform. I would prefer more arm articulation, but that's what the main line is for. I would have had more pictures, but I dropped and broke my camera after the last pic above.

3. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    He looks pretty cool. I would hope he's have a few more paint apps, but even as is i think I'd probably buy him. What's teh price point for these FAB figures?

4. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    NICE!!

I have a bid on an in-package Jazz and I HOPE to get it. He looks awesome and from what it looks like (other then the F.A.B line) that some of the movie figures could be close to 1:24.

If you have any Alts, do you think you could get some shots of F.A.B Jazz with some Alts?

5. ViceGripX

News Credits:
    I'd love to and was going to take some of FAB Jazz with G1 Jazz and Alt Meister. But, as I stated in the review, my camera is broken. So, until I can afford a replacement, those are all the pics I'll be able to take.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    aw, sorry bout youre cat :( 

...these FABs are the size of basics? i thought theyd be smaller.

7. ViceGripX

News Credits:
    Thank you.

Jazz here is about 1/8" taller than G1 Prime.

8. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're actually deluxes, as shown in the FAB Starscream in Toyark.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I get the impression the FABs are kind of biggish deluxes, more like Cybertron Hot Shot than Classics Rodimus.

10. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Sorry about your little cat from me to !

About jazz: OMFG he looks so awesome, can't wait for this to hit retail.

11. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I really like the head design on this one. I'd buy this if it had decent arm articulation. But since the shoulders are so limited, its a pass. Here's hoping we get some decent pics of the main Jazz toy soon.

12. ViceGripX

News Credits:
    Thank you.
    He is pretty nifty. I like him a lot. Not sure if he was worth what I paid, but I don't regret the purchase.