TFTM '07 - Fast Action Battler Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Feb 4, 2007.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    TRUCK MODE

Ironhide is a simplified GMC pick-up truck. My testshot is partially painted (missing at least the blue paint on the windshield and the silver on the exhaust pipes).

TRANSFORMATION

Fairly easy. Split the rear portion of the truck to form the legs, open the doors and fold them on each side, unfold the arms from inside the truck while splitting the front in a V shape (that 2-piece hood is spring-loaded) to reveal the head, flip up the little panel to cover the chest and you're done.

ROBOT MODE

Ironhide has a fair amount of detailing, especially on the head and the legs. He can shoot a missile (not included with my testshot) from his underarm left gun. He has joints on the knees, hips, waist, shoulders (up/down at an angle) and elbows (inside/outside). Despite the joints, arm poseability is not the best though because of the design. Still a pretty fun toy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Looks alright for a FAB but loses all appeal in the face of Ironhide's Voyager toy.

3. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Just got mine, and he is only okay. Arm articulation is crap, which is sad because he has an unmentioned "power-punch" type feature. Twist him back clockwise and tries to punch. Tries because that is what it looks like.

I only recommend him to completists, or for those who don't mind his faults.

4. Quickswitch

Quickswitch Assault Warrior

Hrmmm, glad I read this as I was considering buying him to act as the Movie Ironhide in my collection if he was more "in scale" with the other regular Deluxe Autobots.

-Quickswitch

5. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Sorry for reviving a kinda old thread but...
    Got FaB Ironhide the other day and he rocks :D 
    He's not a posable figure, he's a fun figure with lots of play value. I can easliy see this beeing a kids favourite...heck..he's one of my favourites at the moment :lol 

I've recorded a brief video of his gimmicks and transformation if anyone would be interested ;) 
    Clicky clicky

6. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

With the DX's versions it is enough! Why all this variations??

7. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Err...I thought Ironhide only comes in 2 variations, Voyager and FAB. No deluxe as far as I know...

8. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Woolies finally restocked this guy (he was the first to sell out) so I picked him up.
    Hardly an essential purchase, but still fun. Whil Voyager IRONHIDE is the only version anyone needs, this guy does for a quick play as his transformation is so much simpler (yet still surprisingly fulfilling!).
    I just wish his head was on some sort of post so you could raise it a 'smidgeon', as I think it sits a bit too low as it is.
    Nice alternative for younger fans...