TFTM '07 - Deluxe Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, May 10, 2007.

1. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Worst hands ever. Exceedingly bad. Everthing else was handled very well. Light piping raises the bar, but thruthfully it is only because his optic is so damn huge, that hte light piping works so well.

At the end, I am just frustrated with the arms. Frustration =/= Fun .

Bumblebee, Barricade, and Wreckage smoke Jazz.

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I like Jazz, but Wreckage beats him hands down. Wreckage has hands, and five fingers on each one!

I still like Jazz alot as like his Bio reads he is full of style. I hate how his sword doesn't stow away better, but it looks like a jet engine. A jet engine on a Pontiac Solstice. Can we say 0-60 in 1.5 seconds? :) 

Jazz' hands are a limiting factor, as is how his sword pins on the underside of his forearms. Putting the sword on hampers his already limited arm movement. I love his face, and the light piping is an AWESOME feature, and his Automorph feature is cool too. I have to pull out the chest on mine, though, to get it all to pin together right.

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How so? It does mean his arm plate comes into contact with his chest in some instances, but it's barely an issue at all.

And what's with everyone saying his arm movement is limited? He's got elbows and universal shoulders, which is about standard. Bicep swivels would be nice, but they're hardly a standard joint. Sure, due to the way his shoulders are jointed, he can't open his arms out to hug anyone, but I'm not quite sure why you'd want him to in the first place...

4. ViceGripX

ViceGripX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because Jazz likes to give his fellow 'bot a high-five then a hug after a victorious battle as a morale booster. :) 

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Not bad...love the alt mode....but even going in knowing about the bad articulation and crappy arms I still somehow managed to be let down. The Automorph feature took a few times to work, I thought I might have to take it back and exchange it but the head finally clicked into place. I'm glad I got Jazz since I want all of the movie characters, but it's by far my least fav of the movie toys so far.

6. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I got Jazz yesterday (along with Barricade) and I REALLY like Jazz's bot mod. His Car mode is just "ok". Barricade's car mode is pure-d-luv!

Here's the thing, they couldn't give Jazz a more silvery paint job? I'm not digging his flat gray look. Also, the forearms should have been able to click together and been more symetrical, instead his forearms give a sort of crab claw effect and they just look unfinished and out of place IMHO. Jazz's Robot legs are pure love though, almost as if the designers shot their budget load when they made the legs and didn't have enough time or money to fashion better forearms and hands.

Another small gripe is Jazz's rabbit ears. I dont mind them being there I just wish they were pinned backwards instead of looming forward like giant bat sonar dishes.

I'm pretty sure Jazz is gonna stay as a robot for a VERY long time. I like him, he's my favorite character overall, but so far my favorite toy is Barricade. Barricade just rocks all the way around (aside from his illmovable head :(  .

7. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I just don't get the pinchers, is there really no way to give him some kind of an arm? a REAL arm?

8. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im gonna try to bash together some g1 ish stickers for mine when i get him tommorrow he will be standing in for my classics jazz hopefully. my fav figure like

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't waste your time. They're making a G1 deco Jazz.

10. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  11. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Whoa! Do you know this for sure, dude? Has it been announced? Did I miss it? Damn... should have waited for the white one! :( 

Oh, and BTW... good job on the fists. I'm looking for some Gundam hands to put on mine. :) 

zmog

12. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    That deco will probably look out of place, just like Movie Thundercracker, Movie G1 Starscream and Movie G1 Ratchet. I'm not holding my breath for that one.

13. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah. It's going to be called "Final Battle Jazz".

14. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

Just got Jazz(and Swindle) tonight, but I opened Jazz first. As awesome as the alt mode is and as awesome as the bot mode *looks*, it just doesn't...I dunno...work? The lame arms/hands/claws don't really work as they're very fragile. The "shield" is equally lame, but at least they did something with the "trunk". I dig the telescoping rifle(screw the "sword"), but why is the sight on the bottom and not the top when Jazz holds his weapon? Very odd. Anyhow, I like him, but am a bit underwhelmed with him.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Because it's a sword, that's not a sight, it's part of the blade.

• Like Like x 1
  16. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

G1 coloured movie JAZZ? Sounds ugly. Not sure why I'd want a white car with blobby bits all over it when a sexy silver one is on my shelf right now.

If it's as tacky looking as the RATCHET & STARSCREAM G1 movie repaints then I'll manage to avoid buying it with ease.

17. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found the movie deluxes for the first time at Target tonight, and I picked up Jazz. Does anyone know what's going on with the hinge on the hood/ forearm? There are two holes on one side of each one, but clearly only one hole is needed. It seems to be blocking the arms from folding up all the way.

18. jonwes

jonwes Active Member

This got me confused for a bit today when my Jazz arrived. You have to pull the hood section out, and the peg will snap into the second hole. Then the arm folds up normally.

19. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In bot mode I just mount the gun on his shoulder joint a la G1's shoulder cannon. The space between the hinge and the L hook is perfect.

Of course, it still sucks that in vehicle mode the gun can't be stored properly...

20. jonwes

jonwes Active Member

I got my Deluxes from Amazon yesterday (no one here has put them out yet) and I have to say I really, really like Jazz. Now, I have an affinity for the character anyway so I'm biased. But I really like his proportions.

The light tubing in the head is probably one of the first Transformers ever to use the feature really effectively. Half the time, I think the effect gets a little lost. Not so with Jazz!

I think the color of the car turned out a lot better than I thought it would from the pics. A bit more silver would have been nice, but it's far from grey.

His automorph is probably one of the more sublte of the Deluxes, but it's still really cool looking. Also, it seems like Jazz is one of the most screen-accurate toys of the bunch, though I haven't really compared them too closely.

As for the hands... yeah, it's a bit of a let down. But I like how his actual arm is formed. I think that's pretty unique. Plus, the hands don't bother me TOO much.