TFTM '07 - Deluxe Dropkick

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Jul 3, 2007.

1. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

have you got your cam back yet?
    have you found out if you can secure a leader brawl, like you claimed that you probaly would a while back?

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    No camera yet, her folks will be back in 4 days... I was thinking about getting Brawl but at this point, it's not worth it, cheapest I can find is like $135 and the thing will be out in 3 weeks, so... I'm saving my money for masterpiece stuff and Godaikin figures. :) 

3. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

looks like the thread will be KA's then instead of yours

4. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Actually the way I've got the "wings" allows the claw to attach on his back.

He even fell over a few times as the legs are kinda weak the instruction way, and the claw stayed firmly attached. I've changed the legs slightly now and he stands perfectly, although maybe a half inch taller.

5. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

He looks horrific.

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Huh? What's exactly horrific about it? He's like the best pick-up truck we have ever gotten with Voyager Ironhide.

7. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Dropkick.

is.

the.

best.

movie.

deluxe.

Game over.

All your base are belong to us.

8. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    mine is coming tomorrow,I hope. he seem to be the best! even more of a rival to bb then barricade!

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's really fantastic. Mine has a slight stress mark on the truck grille, but aside from that, he's great. He's one of the more solid movie deluxes in robot mode, and just has such a cool look. I love the face/head design.

I thought I would hate the reverse-knee dog legs, but I actually think they fit him really well. It's weird, but between the legs, the "antenna" on either side of his head, and his door wings, I almost get an Insecticon vibe from him. Dropkick, Kickback.... there might be some shared DNA there....

10. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Man that guy looks sweet. I want it.

11. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    on my dropkick, both arms don't go in. can anyone share photo,please thank you!

12. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

Ok. I take it back. He's not horrific. He's pretty nice, in fact. Articulation's what counts anyways.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I totally dig it. Great articulation and a cool looking robot mode! I like the grabber claw too! The truck mode looks great too, even if it is a lowrider: one of mankind's most fucking ******ed inventions ever...just below the Pet Rock and right above Crystal Pepsi.

14. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    :lol  Yeah I am not a fan of the low-low, although my buddy is. But I do like the custom paint job on him. Ever since I saw that big ass roof/hood decpt logo I wanted him.

Thanks to ShockWave_AZ hooking me up I got him yesterday. Like others have said, cool transformation, lots going on for a deluxe. And I really dig the Insecticon vibe of the bot mode. Me and my daughter had a deluxe party last night :lol  I like that when you take the bed cover off it still looks like a truck bed too.

Definately my favorite of the drone army so far.

15. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Renamed mine Soundwave,about the only gripe I have with him is the shoulder peg on the chest,it's not long enough to hold the arm in place while...er...selecting a pose to display.

16. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Admit it, you were playing with your toys. Just like Dark Helmet.

[​IMG]

17. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:
  18. jetrex

jetrex Transform and Roll Out!

Ebay:
    I saw him at a local WM, and I didn't get him. I didn't like his look... He reminds me of and old Hot wheels car I use to have.

19. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

Wonderful little toy, and hands-down my favorite movie figure besides New 'Bee. I tried to count all the moving parts, and lost track around 300 million. Flanges, hinges, pointy things, antennae, pivots, and little fiddly bits all over the damn place.

You don't get as many "Ooooh! Ahhhhh!" moments as with some of the more complicated auto-morphing figures, but the end result is one of the most intricately detailed robots from any Transformers line, in this wonderfully bizarre "Toyota has extramarital love affair with Armored Core" style.

I particularly love the torso, which reminds me of a series of radiators stacked over one another, coupled with a completely new take on the ol' Windshield-as-Chest gambit. All in all, I'd say he's aesthetically the most successful of the "layered machinery" transformers. As an added bonus, all that glorious mechanical detail isn't lost in black plastic; Hasbro had the foresight to show the sculpting job off with a nice pearlescent grey.

While I generally don't give a rat's hairy behind about bios, this guy does have the best one in ages. Dropkick is essentially the surly Emo transformer. "Dropkick didn't want to come to Earth, but Megatron made him. He would have rather stayed on Cybertron, sat around in the dark, and written terrible poems about how the cute girl who works at Hot Topic doesn't even know his name. Why can't everyone just leave him alone? His Mom and Dad totally don't understand him."

In summation: Toy Good. You Buy. Hooray.

20. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Picked him up tonight and he's a very nice toy. I'm really diggin the big decepticon roof/hood job. I agree with another poster, next to 08 bb, he's definitely by favorite deluxe. It may be just me, but he kind of reminds me of energon optimus prime when he doesn't have the extra parts attached in a decepticon color scheme. I think its the windshield/chest and the bulky torso/skinny legs...