TFTM '07 - Deluxe Dreadwing

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Holy crap! I'm stunned that a real jet is actually that color...and yet there it is. :) 

Thanks big-time. Maybe I'll just paint over the purple, as that's what's really bugging me.

2. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

I crave a repaint in Airshow Tiger-meet colours, call him Hooligan

for example:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ed Bailey

Ed Bailey Must.. spend.. money...

I thought I would hate him, but for some reason he's one of my faves out of this line. Anyhow, I'm not of fan of flame rockets either, but I found you can just snap these into his legs so it looks like he's being propelled in robot mode.

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

This is from the game, right?

5. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i like him yes he has a awkward transformation but he is pure coolness

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, he shows up on the Airbase in the Decepticon campaign (in Dirge colours) and during Jazz's final mission in the Autobot campaign (in these colours).

7. Starscream F-22

Starscream F-22 Stalking the Skies

He was the First Movie Transformer I bought and I must say he inspired me to keep going (Literally 13 Movie formers later now ^_^). His Robot mode is a little spazzy but I found if I loose the missiles and play around with his elbow joints he can look pretty sweet. Of course the Jet mode sells itself (drool... ).

At first I didn't like the face (Optic) but once I figured out I could swivel the plates next to his eye down it looked really cool, the cyclopticon look is cool with me. I'm still waiting for my Swindle to arrive and he has the drone head too, I'm hoping he will look nifty too.

~Hail Megatron!~

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Very interesting robot mode but I don't dislike it one bit, even with the stumpy lower torso it's completely stable. It's my favorite of the three Decepticon drone toys in the line. The jet mode is cool too! Nice addition to my DCon air fleet :D 

9. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Decepticon airfleet needs more russian airplanes and helicopters. We have MIG-29 and Sukhoi SU-27. We need MIG-31 next. And a MI-24 Hind helicopter. We already have an Apache and a MH-53 transformers.

I love transformers with real alt modes. That's why Superion is one of my most favorite combiners, all of the plane modes are real planes -- F-15, Concord, F-4, F-16 and a Harrier.

10. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Narh we need MiG 1.44, SU-47/S-37 Berkuts and some Ka50's and Mi-28's :D 

11. Salvanis

Salvanis Probably not a true fan.

I totally agree with you on all your points: the real alt modes (especially jets) being fantastic, Superion being a kickass combiner, and that there need to be more Russian aircraft represented by Transformers in general and Decepticons in particular. In fact, I've always thought that it would have been much more in keeping with G1's vague Cold War-ideological overtones to have the Seekers transform into MiG-25s instead of F-15s. I hope that if they do decide to make a Classics Thundercracker, they give him a MiG or Sukhoi alt-mode, but not all crappy like Cyb. Thundercracker. That'd be the way to do it and not piss off BotCon attendees in my opinion.

Oh, almost forgot this was a toy review thread. Um, I don't have Dreadwing yet, but I will once it's actually on pegs anywhere in a reasonably drivable distance. Stupid podunk town.

12. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    G2 Strafe/Space Case was KIND OF Berkut ish.

13. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    That's right... it was some sort of mixmatch - I never really was fond of this mould compared to the other Cyber jets.

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I've found myself liking this guy more than I thought I would. For a guy with no face, he's pretty expressive with that craning neck of his, and his little legs aren't much of a hinderance if you tell yourself that he probably spends more time flying than walking around.

15. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    I picked him up today and am greatly impressed. I like him far more than I thought I would. Yes, like others have said, the flame missiles are weak, the lower body is a bit stumpy and the legs would have been vastly improved with a ball joint somewhere but he still is a lot of fun and has a lot of personality despite the monocle face.

16. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Don't like the look of this guy at all. Which is a shame, given the very nice jet mode. The bot just looks all out of proportion, and not in an appealing way. Ugly thing. Admittedly I'm judging by pictures and the package image, but I've not been inspired to buy it based on those.

17. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    I really disliked the pictures too, actually. I had initially decided against him and even walked away from him a coupe of times. I did pick him up today and I am glad I did. He's fun. I can't say that he'd be the same for you, mind you, so this is not an attempted sales pitch. Just stating how I changed from seeing pictures to actually handling him.

18. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Im going to pick him up simply because I want another Jet Transformer that I can transform fast. SS takes to damn long and Im impatient =P

19. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    See now that, would be an instant buy.
    As it is, a combination of wierd bot mode and meh colour scheme is a big no to me.

(C'mon G1 Dirge style repaint, I dont care if its got Autobot logos, Reprolabels could sort that out)

20. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

wasn't a proto/testshot shown in the dirge colours at the botcon hasbro office tour thingymajig? got him today with arcee, so they are really oposite ends of the spectrum, which stops me from trying to compare them.
    jet-its swooshy. the legs compacted form is very neat and clean, making it look like some add on to the jet, instead of stuff that we cannot geet onto the jet and hide. the arms sit slightly above the reast of the jet, but hardly so. B

automorph- this seems to be hardly mentioned. it is subtle like rachets is, but still not activated by something that neds to be a point of articulation in bot mode, resulting in deactivated automorph for rachet. first of all, the chest vents rise, which is nce, and also the ear panels spring to the side, making thier deployment easy as pie.
    bot mode- i like to pop off the tailfins and slot them onto the main wings so i can rotate the forearms to get noticable elbow movement. the thruster hands are ok, since this guy is going to be clumsy no matter what. B

overall- a B