TFTM '07 - Deluxe Brawl

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    I picked one up today at my local Target. My only complaint is that The arms will not stay connected to the shoulders in robot mode. Love the vehicle mode though...

2. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Another one I really like (no surprise there!). BUT, that red missile is going nowhere near the gun barrel when I get mine. Straight in the 'spares drawer' you go!
    Sorry to hear about the shoulder problem: Hopefully the 'superglue' solution will be as quick a fix for me.

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Super glue only made it worse for me... had to shave the glue.. and the holes... add more glue... I got a new one last night, I'll return the other one. The new one has a better fit but it's not perfect. A huge design flaw, should have been bigger round pegs or shoulders that snap into place.

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked up Brawl earlier this week and I really hope he isn't an indicator of what to expect from the movie toys. As soon as I get him out of the packaging, one of his little gun turrets falls off. Looking at it, the cup holding ball joint was molded poorly and it doesn't fit together right. Then my son picks it by the turrent and the whole damn thing comes off. That hinge doesn't look like it was molded right either. So then I transform him and run into the same problem all of you have with his arms not staying in. Sigh.. I hope Wreckage is better.

5. redsquadron

Just received mine. The shoulders are a problem (especially the side with the arm cannon - It's just so heavy!).
    I partially solved it by putting superglue on the actual ball joint. While the clip still doesn't pop in right, the arms at least hold position better now.
    It's a pity, as the robot is so good. Here's hoping Leader BRAWL is better designed.

6. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

Looks very good, except for those things in the chest.

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got the guy today and he is awesome (forgiving the shoulder problem). He is awesome looking. if this is half as good as the other figures in the line the line is going to kick serious ass!! I give him a Solid A- (because of the glitch)

8. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I kinda like this guy, if it weren't for two issues, he'd be great...the Arm/peg thing is one... The other ( this may be exclusive to my figure) is that there is a green piece on the back of the turret, right by the hinge, that causes the entire turret to pop off during transformation. Does any body else have this issue?

I don't see that same piece in the picture above...I'll be sure to take pics when I get home to show you what I mean...Maybe you guys can let me know if this is a piece that should have been removed, butfor some reason missed the cutting process.

9. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I don't know what your mystery piece is, exactly... but I do know that when I transformed my wreckage for the first time, a piece of red molding sprue (looked like a little cylinder... an injection point for the plastic) snapped off one of his limbs. It could be that the piece wasn't trimmed properly before it was put on your particular toy.

10. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    reserving final judgement until mine arrives from bbts. as far as LOOKS go it is right up there... best looking tank TF in a while (since Tankor... and beats him because its a REAL tank [well... semi real])

anyone figured out a proper fix for the arm problems yet?

11. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I almost feel like implementing Velcros to keep the arms in place. Or a different peg system.

12. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    OK Here is the pic of Megatroptimus's Brawl

Here is mine, I'm pointing to what looks like an extra piece...is this removeable, or is this just the way it should be?
    [​IMG]

Here are some other angles: 1 with the rest of brawl attached
    [​IMG]

1 with the turret popping off as it's lifted
    [​IMG]

& 1 of what looks like a damaged hinge because of being packaged with this fault
    [​IMG]

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Looks like excess mold flashing to me, but I'll let someone who actually owns the thing comment.

14. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    1. ALT mode.
    2. BOT mode.
    3. Big assed gun on right arm.
    4. Evil looking blades on left arm.

Dislikes:

1. Shoulder peg problem.
    2. The plastic used really feels second rate.

Cool figure. Wish they did a better job locking down the shoulders. Also better plastic could've been used. Especially for the turret.

15. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    For the random bits problem, just shave them off with a knife or something because it's soft plastic and some of the movie deluxes haven't been cut properly.

Got Brawl recently and I'm wondering if the assholes at Hasbro do more than merely look at the toys when they approve designs. Do they play with them at all? The arm problem is a universal and obvious problem that is apparent before you're even done transforming him. How could they let this slip? People play with these y'know! Here's hoping they give us $10 off leader Brawl and design him better.

16. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I like this guy the least so far. His articulation is limited, he shoulda been bigger, and the shoulder thing is a definate flaw. Not terrible, but could have been a LOT better.

17. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Wait so is his flaw like TIT WWI Prime where after you transform him a couple of times his shoulders become floppy and pop out of there holding place when you move his arms??

18. redsquadron

It's not even that. Because the plastic is that greasy polthene type, the pegs won't stay in from the word go.
    I put superglue on the 'shoulder' ball joints and let it dry to stiffen up the arms. I then shaved a tiny bit of plastic off the area just below the 'peg hole' (it was stopping the pegs going all the way in) and both of these helped a lot.

Still a horrible design flaw that should have been spotted though. Leader class BRAWL better not just magnify the problem.

19. WeirdMetamorphosis

WeirdMetamorphosis Well-Known Member

So far this is the only deluxe Transformer movie toy that looks boring to me.

20. redsquadron

Apart from the flaw, I actually find him an interesting figure. Way too small obviously, but the ammout of weaponary alone makes him cool.
    If you are indifferent though, best wait and see how the Leader version looks!

That piece is 'official' (it's on mine anyway!). I don't have any trouble with 'pop-off turret' at all. Yours does look a little warped at the bottom though.