TFTM '07 - Deluxe '77 Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Mar 27, 2007.

1. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Got him.
    The problem with the Atomorph is that you have to transform him in order of the instructions. Usually you can do a few things out of sequence, but BUMBLEBEE demands everything be done 'by the book'. As such I had no trouble with any of the features and nothing broke.

I found the toy a little spindly, and the plastic colour is a little cheap. As for those painted windows... If I hadn't got him at the same time as BARRICADE I may have overlooked these things. As it is I think he's good, not brilliant. I do like that his missile launchers store under the car after all - I thought they were superflous in car mode from the early pics we saw.

2. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Picked him up yesterday. He's neat, but not great. Lack of paint apps definately hurts, and the leg kibble restricts his knees. There is no friction in the chest pieces, which just sort of flop about in bot mode. Solid yellow missiles, ugh. He has the bent plate on his belt, but no real plate on the car. Way too gappy in car mode. Other then these minor gripes, he does pull off the skeletal look quite well, is very posable and interesting.

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Lack of paint apps? What else would you want? He even has dirt/wear painted on. Mine has zero gap in car mode. You must be doing something wrong.

4. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I have no gaps once I press all the 'car' parts together firmly.
    It was a bit silly to leave the car number plate off when it's so prominent on the robot though - It would have been a nice touch to include one on the front bumper (although it's a minor point for me).

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yellow on the inner parts of the lower legs, even just a strip on the front like it shows on the box.

also, more paint on the "helmet" area. that area has black and silver on it in the movie model, so it should here as well. all that molded detail is hard to see because of the plastic color.

It's a match to an actual 74 camaro. yeah, the pale yellow is a bit ugly in plastic form, but hey... accuracy!

6. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Does the head lock in at all? sort of just move all over the place... :( 

7. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got 'em in today. Love everything about it. The automorph works greats on mine. Um... not sure what else. He's pretty fun and currently my favorite movie deluxe.

8. Jake Steel

Jake Steel Banned

I should have read this before transforming mine the first time. WHen I did, a half circle of yellow plastic fell out of the Hinge on the spring side, I never did get the button to depress. Now the hood freely collapses on it's own. To be fair, I can transform it now and the only issue is keeping it together in car mode (it stays fine for display issues but sucks for play). I'll likely buy a second one to keep in car mode.

9. SocrManiac

SocrManiac TFW2005 Supporter

I despise these auto-firing missiles. The thing sat on a shelf for 2 hours, then a missile randomly popped. Look at them funny and they go off. Time for spring surgery, methinks...

10. jonwes

jonwes Active Member

Hmmm... haven't had a problem with the missles yet. I think the figure is fun, though I'm looking forward to his next version more, if only for the transparent windows. I think the painted on ones do make him look sort of out of place with Jazz and Swindle. Still, as a bot I really like him a lot. I think he has a good amount of poseability. I do wish the missles weren't yellow, but I guess the clear plastic got dropped when it was decided to make him solid elsewhere.

I think the automorph is a lot of fun, though I do agree his head can be very floppy.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I really, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want deluxe BB, and I could nab him in a flash too, but I just bought Leader Megs and Prime (no regrets) and $15 is a little too much.:( 

12. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have very little to complain about with BB. He has some oddly big feet but that really doesn't bother me, but it might bother some.

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grabbed Bumblebee today at Target. I didn't really expect to, so it was exciting to see his little yellow hood standing out from the rest of the figures as I started down the TF aisle. I lucked out even more in that both BBs they had were free of the mold defect documented in the Toyark.

Bumblebee's alt mode, while not the one you would think of for Bumblebee, looks great. The solid windows hurt, but not too much. The big problem is how tiny he is next to Barricade and Jazz, who have much larger alt modes.

Transformation is easy, thanks to an abundance of automorph. The chest and feet are extensively automorphing.

Bot mode looks good, although he could use more color. He's basically just black and yellow with a bit of silver. Very well articulated, though. The head sculpt is nothing like Bumblebee's G1 incarnation, but I like it. It reminds me a bit of a masked ninja. Very cool.

Alt mode scale aside, Bumblebee is a great figure and a must-have for your movie toy collection.

14. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    only thing i dont dig is the feet...and how hard it is to put his launchers under him in car mode. otherwise he's AWESOME.

15. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just picked him up (my first movie toy) and this is the best mainline Transformer released in like the last 4 years.

The detail, solidness, parts fit, articulation (wrist joints!) and spectacular automorph features (the moving roof panels on the back legs was a great tough....is this a Chogokin or something?)

16. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Opened him just now and he rocks. Very cool bot mode and fairly solid. Only nagging nitpick is a splotch of black on top of his head. But I guess I can deal since he's supposed to be old right?

17. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

Snagged Bumblebee in the Walmart 2pack along with Barricade. Everything I've read on BB is that he's extremely fragile and soooo many have been broken on the first transformation. I'm not ripping on anyone, but do you guys and gals read the instructions? I know a lot of fans like to figure it out themselves, but I tend to use/need the instructions. I've TF'd Bumblebe back and forth several times, and everything is just fine.

Getting back to the actual figure, he is kinda fragile, but not horribly so. I love the hood automorph(way better than Cybertron Override), and the leg automorph is awesome as well. Took a couple of times to get the leg 'morph to work, but now I've got it down. As much as I appreciate the 2 cannons that they gave him, I really don't think the figure needed it. I don't even plug the missiles in when I have him armed, because the guns themselves have a ring of smaller blasters around the big one. Headsculpt is nice, and I've gotten used to the clown feet, so all in all, he's a nifty Transformer. Not the best, not the worst, but pretty cool in my book.

18. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I picked him up today,

Over all a very nice figure. 7/10

19. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I thought Deluxe BB was pretty cool until I tried transforming him back to car mode. The damn automorph button on mine is broken or stuck, so I can't get the front end of the car to click back into place and stay there. Gonna take it back to TRU tomorrow and exchange it. Hopefully a new figure will remedy the problem.

20. [Smoke]

[Smoke] Maverick Reploid

I picked mine up today at a local store in The Netherlands, after having gotten Barricade and Brawl yesterday from the same place. It's one with the mold flaw, but if you're careful and follow the steps, it's no problem. Transformed him between modes a few times already and the automorph keeps on working.

I found an assembly flaw in mine though: One of the rear window panels was inserted wrong, and the gear system didn't align properly as a result. It was visible in vehicle mode in the package, but I was picking between this one and one with a shitty paint app(Some splotching on the hood) There's an easy fix though: Unscrew the black inner leg panel and remove it, lift out the window panel's gear, put it in the proper position, then screw it all back together again.

My Brawl also has an assembly flaw: They used the cover parts from the right shoulder on the left shoulder, so the screws and unpainted plastic are visible from the front after transforming. No way to fix it, and not visible in the package.