TFTM '07 - Deluxe '77 Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Cyber key? Um. Movie toys, not Cybertron toys. ;) 

Anyway, I got him, Jazz and Barricade from Amazon... I wanted Jazz most, but I also liked the idea of free shipping, so I threw BB and Barricade on the list, too... BB ended up being my favorite of the three. I have no problems with the painted windows... they really don't bother me at all. I hardly even notice it.

In the first post, it's mentioned that you can store his guns in the undercarriage? How? Pictures, please? :) 

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    1. ALT mode.
    2. BOT mode.
    3. Guns capable of being held and/or mounted on the shoulders.
    4. Doors on his back.
    5. Automorph feature on his legs.

Dislikes:

1. The panel with the silver Autobot badge on his chest won't stay still in BOT mode.

I like this figure a lot. Possibly second most favorite after Wreckage. Still need to find Barricade and Swindle though.

3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I'll have to check that out.

Got mine, love the little guy, no problems with the auto morph feature on mine. I like the car mode and bot mode, decent articulation, simple enough but fun transformation.

4. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

I don't have a camera but I can give you a description:

One gun has a tab and one has a hole. Place them in his hands with the triggers facing the ground and push them together.

And I have to say I quite like him. Nice detailing and poseabilty and good vehicle mode.

5. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    My favourite movie toy so far. Great in both modes, cool transformation, very articulate, just all round groovy.

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    was sorely tempted to get him today, but i passed. judging by pics it seems hasbro really skipped out on the bot mode paint apps. im gonna wait to see if takara rectifies that. butthe fig looks incredible

if its anything like the other 9 movie toys i have it should be freakin awesome xD

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Pros:

Vehicle mode
    Robot mode
    Arms
    Head

Cons:

Guns
    Chest could be a little more accurate.

Deffinate buy.

8. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Hmmm.. Automorph seems a double-edged sword. My BRAWL shoulder tracks have already slipped to the point were one won't lift and has to be raised manually.
    If I put RATCHET in an "action" stance that tilts his foot slightly, the leg panels retract.

IRONHIDE and JAZZ are okay, but now BUMBLEBEE has a problem? I was going to wait for the new Camaro version but decided to buy a '74 one online as it was cheap. Haven't received him yet, but want to ask if you can tell just by looking through the bubble if the Automorph is defective?

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I have the "defective" version and it works perfectly fine.

10. Renidragon

Likewise, there's no problem whatsoever with mine. If you're worried, just be careful until you get used to the toy.

11. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

By defective do you mean the one with the filled in side rather than a small tab? I have that one and I just need to push the button down a bit before it works but is no real problem.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I have the "defect" version, and I'm just gonna be careful with automorph. like I hold his hood while it lowers, opposed to just letting it snap down for a hard impact.

I really, really like him. I can't leave him alone.

But,all is not perfect!

His feet are HUGE. God damn, they could have added some transformation to the feet to get their size down.

He could use some black paint on his "helmet" to help bring out the detail better. I might do this myself. Movie BB's head isnt solid yellow, so the toy's head shouldnt be either.

The gaps in his hood really make the strips look bad in car mode. nothing a black paint marker couldnt fix though.

Painted windows don't bother me one bit. It's easy to see why Hasbro did it, aside from having to do less paint applications. They don't want confused kids/pparents at stores who want the new bumblebee, but both are yellow, have black stripes, and clear blue windows. the painted windows helps make the toys a bit more different, and makes his concept form a bit more of an upgrade.

13. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got mine today.

Great figure, scary head, but one HUGE letdown.

Big. Wonky. Feet.

14. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    My first Bumblebee broke, and I broke it even more forcefully transforming him. My second one works alot better and I really like him. His transformation is okay, but I do wish it had more to it.

My only gripes is his small car mode. He should've been as big as Jazz, or the two should've had their respective sizes switched.

15. Renidragon

Well, I figured out how to store his guns... doesn't really look right to my eyes though, with the missiles sticking out the way they do.

Anyway, I really like this guy, more than I thought.

His face is ugly. He has big honkin' feet.

But he's FUN. I enjoy transforming him. Anything else that there is to say about him has already been said.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but mine doesn't fit together too well in alt mode. The windshield doesn't connect well to the rest of the car... and when I try and make it, the arms and door windows pop out of place. That's my only REAL gripe with him.

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    More to it?? He has TWO automorph features (chest + legs). Isn't that enough??

17. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since I am, apparently, the only one that dislikes the added paint to make him look old and used, does anyone know what I can use to remove the extra paint? Other than that, I like the little guy.

18. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mines chest automorphs just fine, but there is a noticible gap when in vehicle mode between the chest and hood. Its like it doesnt want to go all the way. Anything i can do to fix this?

19. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Neat figure....I giggled with glee as I unlocked the automorph gimmicks. Pretty poseable despite the clownish feet. And his weapons became even cooler after I cut off the missile extensions...I may paint the missiles all black as well. The only thing I noticed is when I TF'd him back into his alt. mode is that his hood section is very touchy...it will automorph itself if you tap it on a hard surface. No biggie though.

20. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i got mine and it is the so called defect one but mine seems just fine the autmorph is probly the best of all the toys cause u get more than one this figure is up there as my second favorite next to ironhide. the part that is sopposed to break is strong and not tapered like they said on all spark. its automorphed about 25 times now no problems. but my rating is like ironhide a 10/10 love it the feet dont bug me at all nothing really detracts from this figure. my chest emblem is real tight so stays in place real well i got him and barricade which ill give my review on that on that thread but if u like him you might not like it all to much