TFTM '07 - Deluxe '77 Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Mar 27, 2007.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    CAR MODE

It's the old '77 Camaro. Painted windows, some dirt effects, black stripes, silver rims, silver headlights, silver trim on the front bumper, painted brake lights. It's like an unkidified version of Energon Hot Shot or Armada Hot Shot. Had to fix the hood on mine as it didn't want to stay in place (locking tabs were too thin). A few drops of superglue and it was ready to go.

TRANSFORMATION

Some interesting stuff going on here as Bumblebee has both flipchanging and automorph gimmicks. You start by detaching the guns from the undercarriage. Then, under the car, you flip up the little panel with the Autobot insignia to unlock the front portion of the vehicle. Then you push the button on the hood and the chest with flip down and automorph at the same time (headlights move forward and to the center over the front grill). Turn the head around. Move the arms up laterally until the wheels lock on the shoulders. Fold down and pose the arms. Open the doors and lift the whole windshield/doors piece to form the "wings" behind Bumblebee. To form the legs, split the rear of the car in two. Rotate the bumper completely under the car and slide it to the rear by holding it parallel to the car. This will activate the automorph feature and move the rear window down and the knee guard up. Once you're done, fold down the feet and repeat for the other leg. Then you can attach the guns to the shoulders or the fists. Missiles are spring-loaded. The transformation is very fun and very smooth.

ROBOT MODE

Very good poseability. Head is on a ball joint and can rotate on 360 degrees and tilt up and down. Ball joints for the shoulders and elbows. Fists can rotate on 360 degrees. Ball joints for the hips. Joints for the knees (forward-backward) and the feet (up/down). Robot mode brings some more black and blue detailing. I for one love the headsculpt. There's a number on the waist area that says "4NZZ454". Dunno what it refers to.

Overall, a very nice figure. I wish Barricade had that kind of poseability. I prefer Barricade's look, but for playability, Bumblebee takes the win.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. y2jversion1

y2jversion1 Rent this space today!

Ebay:
    Indeed it is a sweet toy!

3. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

Good size for a deluxe. I wasn't sure to get it, but I'll do when they arrive to my country.

4. y2jversion1

y2jversion1 Rent this space today!

Ebay:
  5. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    You're right, I wasn't sure if I could push the unit any further.

More...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

cool this toy looks pretty cool, I guess I may have to get it when it comes out!

7. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Properly transformed...

[​IMG]

8. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome. Can't wait!

I really couldn't care less about the painted windows, either. It's not like there's something to see in the interior. I much prefer pained windows to mismatched yellow paint vs. plastic.

Thanks for sharing (again!), megatroptimus!

9. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Looks great. I'll be sure to add him to my collection. He looks like he'd be right at home with the RID brothers. Too bad about the solid windows. Other then that, he's way better then either Armada or Energon Hot Shot.

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Solid windows = no purchase, such a shame!:banghead: 

11. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice lookin' toy.

12. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

The painted windows don;t look so bad there. Pity the silver and black on the face aren;t the otherway round like the test shot on the back of the deluxe packaging.

13. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Nice pics...

14. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I'd opt for solid windows over visible limbs.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Very cool...not a huge fan of the head sculpt...looks a bit off. Could be the blue eyes bugging out of the head...but I'll still get it I'm sure. Looks pretty poseable which is a huge plus.

16. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Looks better than I thought. A definite buy, but after the voyager-class guys.

17. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I'm trying to be fairer to the toys than I am to the movie itself, I've warmed up to a lot of the ones that I originally didnt like (such as Barricade), and I want to like BB but something just seems off. I dont like the general shape of the legs, especially the shape of the feet, and all the kibble above the waist is off-putting. His vehicle mode is admittedly good, but has already been bested by Barricade.

18. IodaFett

IodaFett Oregon TF Collector

Just a question, but will there be a deluxe sized 2007 Camaro Bumblebee toy coming out?

19. BumblebeeGirl

BumblebeeGirl Not really here....

Hmm.. I definitely like it because they went with his first version, the old camaro.. :) 

I think I'll get it just 'cause it's Bumblebee lol.. but it still looks a bit odd transformed..

20. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

They won't stop me buying it, but those painted windows do make him look a bit cheap, especially when he's going to be lined up with Movie deluxes that do have transparent windows...