TFTM '07 - Cyber Stompin' Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Ed Bailey, May 20, 2007.

1. Ed Bailey

Ed Bailey Must.. spend.. money...

Nov 27, 2003
    Okay, searched for an official thread and review, came up with nothing. Well, except for a pic thread and megatroptimus's thread about the electronic features (will address this). No pics, but you guys have seen em.

OP has 8 points of articulation ( Head turns -- not full 360ยบ, shoulders, elbows side-to-side, wrist side-to-side, hips). He's a kids toy... looks, acts, and smells like one.

-Chest actually has 1 clear window for viewfinder despite all official pics having two blue windows.
    -Viewfinder feature kinda sucks -- look through to see ahead or flip a switch to see megs. Hard to make anything out. Megs is just a portrait, no cool "this is how OP sees things" deal.
    -Both in store had scraped paint all over them, paint seems real flaky.
    -Faction symbols are only on the wheels, real small.
    -Speech is odd, like a mix of Cyb and Cullen. Says "I am Optimus Prime!"... but the voice gets really excited and high -- like he just realized how cool he is -- when he says his name. Really odd speech :D 
    -Instructs say to hold button 2 to get "battle sounds" in "ON" mode. Even says you need to be in "ON for the full range of lights and sounds." Doesn't work :(  Foot switches stay activated. This means you lose several gun sounds and a honking truck horn in "ON" mode. If you switch to "Try Me" you get the guns sounds AND foot sounds -- albeit only by pressing the second chest button. The functions are confusing and poorly implemented, would be disappointing for a kid I think.
    -Fist hardly comes out of socket, no rocket-punches here kids.
    -Wheels on hip are rubber and rotate, feet wheels are just sculpted.
    -Gun arm glows orange, quick fire sound, can't hold it down for constant fire.
    -Glowing blue eyes are cool, fade as whatever function you're using turns off.

Overall for a non-transforming Transformer I'd give it a "C". Fist needs work, sounds need work (or correct instructions at least). Paint may have a serious QC issue if it extends past these two I found, I mean it almost peels off on mine. Cool display piece though, very kid-friendly look. Gonna have to figure out if my nephew is old enough to play with it yet :D 
  2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

May 7, 2006
    News Credits:
    Take some pics!
  3. megacron

megacron THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 17, 2007
    nice reveiw i'm loving that ejecting fist :)