TFTM 07 "Battle Damage" Voyager Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by ease, Sep 17, 2007.

1. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got him this morning! Love it! I purchased him from this ebay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260154562809&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=016 right before Labor Day weekend. Now that i have him in my hands,i can say it sure doesn't seem like a "custom" job. The plastic (with the damage/scrapes) is smooth with no brush marks etc. The left side of primes face is black (burn damage?) and you can see the blue mixed with black on the back cab area. I didnt have a regular voyager Prime to compare but i did have a Robovision prime to use as a comparison. I really appreciate the figure due to the fact i dont have a lot of (if any) Battle Damage TFs in my collection because the feature seems to be limited to more expensive,exclusive figures. So the fact Hasbro is doing voyagers & deluxe movie figures with damage is just fine with me. Plus when you look at it closely you can see its not just black paint "dipped" or 'slapped on" and is done pretty well. Remember Optimus did get thrown around quite a bit by Megatron at the end of the movie. Hey,can anyone find an official listing for this figure? If anyone elses "Battle damage" Prime is different please post pics & let us know. Keep in mind there is still the Bumblebee 2 pack wich features a "battle damaged" 08 Camaro,could this be for one of those type scenes?.... For more pics (seller) check the auction link. Sorry for the glare on Battle Damage Optimus Primes head.
    1. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u235/incrediblease/MOREEASEPICS/mybattleoptimus.jpg
    1. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u235/incrediblease/MOREEASEPICS/mybattleoptimus2.jpg
    1. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u235/incrediblease/MOREEASEPICS/mybattleoptimus1.jpg
    1. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u235/incrediblease/MOREEASEPICS/mybattleoptimus3.jpg
    1. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u235/incrediblease/MOREEASEPICS/mybattleoptimus4.jpg
    1. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u235/incrediblease/MOREEASEPICS/mybattleoptimus5.jpg

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks fairly impressive. Putting it next to the Robovision version makes it look especially grungy.

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Are there any mold changes?

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Is this like...one of the most repainted molds we've had?

Seriously we have:
    Voyager Prime
    Robovision Prime
    Battle Damage Prime
    G1 Prime

And I'm sure we can expect a Magnus and/or Nemmy repaint as well. Ok...so it isn't THAT many repaints, but the rate they are coming is ridiculous.

That and the molds is just kinda...meh to me. Only way I'd get it is if they do release a Nemesis Prime repaint.

The battle damage looks pretty alright though, although I have never been too big of a fan of bd.

5. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    eh. it's not that great.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Bah, peice of shit. The only way I'd buy it is if they did a Nemesis Prime/Scourge, and judging by all the fan repaints not even that can save the mold.

Speaking of the mold itself, I'm surprised it hasn't deteriorated any yet.

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could make my Voyager Prime look like that with a lighter.

8. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I feel a tad like an idiot, I'm glad you didn't get burned on the purchase and are enjoying the figure. Thanks for the pics and review!

9. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dont feel like that,we have to question these things. I still haven't seen an official listing for this figure. I very well may be the one to come back & add a" KO" to the title of this mini review! And thanks,i have been trying to get a battle damaged figure since Armada Unicron & MP Prime,wich i have neither...yet!. so i am basically on a TF high-untill the next score of course...

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    shouldnt the windshield damage in robot mode match the vehicle mode windshield damage?

11. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah,I noticed that too. But there is a large crack on the right windshield in alt mode and in robot mode. I reasoned the damage on the left is not viewable in robot mode because its so small-so the doors would be partially covering the windshield (and the crack) like in the movie transformation. Anyway thats what i told myself.

12. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    This might be the worst paintjob Hasbro has ever put out. Makes Masterpiece Prime look right out of Hobby Japan by comparison.

13. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good point. But you have to consider MP Prime was a much higher price range. This figure has quite a bit of damage/paint for a lot less. I'm waiting for my "Evolution of a hero " Bumblebee 2 pack to arrive,so i can pose this Optimus with the damage 08 Camaro. Should be interesting......

14. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I like the truck mode, but the bot mode doesn't show much BD, I also like the idea of a BD group shot.

15. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    My main problems are that you have these whole areas of solid black, where paint is applied without any attention to detail for what surfaces they are on. It looks more like someone testing out primer.

And then in contrast you have areas like the feet, which actually touch the ground, and are really detailed on this mold, but they are stark white by comparison.

I dont like the kitbash-in-progress look, but to each his own :)