tfstickers.com

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by derbyhat7, May 21, 2010.

1. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ok so reprolabels is what everybody raving about, even a thread about it. I havent ordered from Repro before and now need Rodimus prime and Galvatron. I also want some for the ice cream twins, but my bag is the prices I feel are kind of high, I mean 18 bucks for Galvatron! I found another company tfstickers.com, they are cheaper has anyone ordered from them before? What do you think?

2. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I've dealt with the guy. Pretty fast delivery and pretty good quality stuff. He's still fine tuning his operation, though, so there are the occasional bugs. :) 

3. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    TFstickers are in Canada as well.
    I ordered from them once to get stickers for my G1 Seizan. Mine were pretty good but they were a little different from Reprolabels. The sticker consistency was more like what the original Transformer stickers were like.
    Took about a week to get to my door.

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Never ordered from them (and I may have this confused with another site), but don't they only have the non-factory applied stickers in their sets, when reprolabels comes with all stickers?

5. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks like they have both, so thats actually pretty awesome because if you need to restore your TF, you probably need to restore the pre applied ones too.. I was wondering what preapplied stickers meant, freakin duh! LMAO

....also, i just compared and repro has both the preapplied and applied ones included with all of there sticker sheets, I compared prices though, 15 bucks for the entire set from tfstickers and reprolabels is 30

6. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

TFStickers are G1 accurate. They use the same exact metallic foil style stickers like the original G1 series. The only thing I notice with them is they do not always produce the stock stickers that originally were applied on the robots in the factory and are not on the separate sticker label sheets. In addition, sometimes their adhesive qualities aren't always great, but can be easily remedied.

ReproLabels are good too, but do not look like the exact product as G1 sticker quality. It is hit or miss with them. From what I can tell, it looks like they print from inkjet sources. I have had some stickers arrive clean and crisp, and others arrive with ink smears and other quality issues. One thing that is great about them though is that they do include all factory stock stickers in addition to the usual stickers that were on the separate label sheets. You get it all with them.

I purchase from both depending on what my needs are from the toy I'm trying to restore.

7. TrueLagoon

TrueLagoon Member

First, of all, I agree with mrclean08's opinions for the most part but I guess the terms I am about to use may differ from his. I've ordered many many stickers from both companies and below is my take on them both.

The TFstickers are very close to most of the G1 line of stickers (not all figures had the same material as the majority. E.g. Mr. Thin Foil Soundwave). I, though, would say TFstickers are paper-like (similar to G1) but with a slight gloss. The thing I really like about TFstickers are that 1.) they are so close to the original G1 stickers (which were paper-like but without the gloss) and 2.) I've never had issues with their adhesive. [I'm glancing at my G1 Octane as I write this]. The only issues with TFstickers is that 1.) TFstickers look slightly faded compared to the G1 counterpart and 2.) They don't always have the factory stickers.

Now, Reprolabels, on the other hand, use a thick paper with a heavy gloss. This leads to two problems: 1.) the stickers protrude from the body of the figures a lot. If I were to graze my hand over Rodimus Prime's knees I would feel the bumps where the stickers are. Their stickers also don't stick to figures quite so well if the stickers are small. Some of my gestalt stickers have fallen off, for example. Luckily, my Rodimus Prime and Galvatron have big stickers so those have stayed on my figures just fine. 2.) because of the glossy consistency of the stickers they look noticably stronger in color. Because of this, you might argue that they are either pleasantly more vibrant than the G1 figures or that they are too much of a deviation from the original G1 figures. Now, the thing I like about Reprolabels is that they have the factory applied stickers available for all figures.

All-in-all, I prefer TFstickers because their stickers are more accurate to the original G1 figures and I will never have adhesive issues with them (because Reprolabels stickers protrude so much from the body of the figures).

8. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

I feel the same. When Reprolabels first started out, they used to print on the paper that is similar to TFstickers, but their stickers were never pre-cut. You had to actually use scissors to cut them out.

I need to get a set of TFstickers for my Fort Max.

9. latexluver

latexluver Latex, PVC, and Rubber

i may have to switch. not happy with repolabels anymore

10. SpicyRichter

SpicyRichter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fort max stickers from TFStickers don't have the preapplied ones, where as reprolabels does, and they're only $8 more

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    how long has it been since you used reprolabels? they are all vinyl now, and stick very well

12. TrueLagoon

TrueLagoon Member

How long has it been since you used reprolabels? I used them just two weeks ago. And to correct you, they are NOT all vinyl now. They may have been in the past but effective 2009 they began converting to paper material. From time to time they may still use vinyl (they seem to do it if the labels are predominantly black like for the ROTF Sideways) but for the most part they use paper material.

This brings me to another issue I have with Reprolabels and that is their lack of consistency. I recently bought a G1 Ironhide set (because there were no TFstickers of it) and it was on a THIN shiny paper [which I'm still not happy with because 1.) the adhesive makes me think the stickers will curl after a couple years and 2.) the material still looks a little effeminate to me]. Anyhow, the lack of consistency upsets me because my G1 collection (that I've been rebuilding over the last couple years) isn't consistent. Now, I have G1 figures on a circus of materials: "TFstickers," original G1 paper, reprolabel vinyl, reprolabel thick glossy paper, and now reprolabel thin shiny paper. Most of this carnage was created because of Reprolabels!...aahhhh!!!

...Oh yeah and "TFstickers" looks like it may be out of business because they removed their eBay store and their website hasn't increased any inventory for quite some time. So, I've been ordering from eBay user doufaceb :wink: .