TFSource Response Re: FansProject Superion Upgrade Issues

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OptionZero, Jul 30, 2009.

1. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I emailed Curt from TFSource about the FansProject Superion Upgrade and upcoming (already out?) G3 Trailer. Specifically, I asked what was the cause for the delay and whether a similar delay would be expected for the G3 trailer.

Here is his response, reprinted with his permission:

We asked Fansproject about shipping some of the G3 trailers by air, but don’t believe they did. The Superion kit is at customs, as soon as it’s released we’ll start shipping out and there isn’t reason for concern at this phase. If the G3 trailer shipped by boat, it won’t be here for another month.

Fansproject was to originally release these in the US & Japan at the same time, and take vessel transit times into account, so I’ve scheduled a meeting with Fansproject to discuss further details. If they can’t manage the release timing effectively going forward, we’ll work with our own freight companies as that should ensure we receive the product much more quickly. Our goal was not to disappoint you or any of our customers, so we’ll work with Fansproject on a solution that works for everyone on future releases and do apologize for the delay. I’m confident that in the future this won’t happen, however on the current shipment since fansproject manages the importing, it simply wasn’t an option for us to air ship.

As a side note, anyone who has these outside of Asia is not buying directly from Fansproject and that is why they have them instock currently. We’ll update our site and work overtime to send out preorders promptly as soon as these new pieces arrive, as we do know everyone is highly anticipating this piece.

As there has been considerable consternation surrounding this item, I thought people would like to know. It doesn't appear to be TF Source's "fault" - FP didn't ship via air despite TFSource's request; those that have it now already used a third-party distributor (from what I understand, it means a store like Toy Arena purchased their stock from someone in Japan. That third party, in turn bought from FP directly , then was willing to use a faster shipping method, air.).

Please note I do not work for TF Source. I am simply a customer who had several items on pre-order, including the Superion set and G3 trailer.

Hope this sets people's minds at ease. There's really no way to speed up the customs and the fed. gov.

2. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    So FP fucked TFSource after fucking TFCon. Good to know.

3. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

ahh crap..I hope protector is out before the fandom burns them down.

4. Blaspherian

Blaspherian Well-Known Member

You pay $50 for little tiny add-on pieces that go to a $30 toy... FansProject already got you from behide, now they want the mouth!

5. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info. I also expect that the "fans" as a whole will not "burn" FansProject down, as most people have enough sense to not have unreasonable tantrums over shipping delays.

6. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know. TFsource is always blaming someone else for their issues. I know that people on this site LOVE TFsource, but my dealings with them have always worked out but have ALWAYS taken WAY too long for paying the same or more as the other retailers in the US charge. They package nicely but if you don't get your stuff for more than a month after everyone else and you pre order what's the point.

I would feel better about them if they responded in a timely manner. Toyarena gets right back to me withint 24 hours, with TFsource they sometimes ignore emails and if they respond it's like 2 weeks later that's pretty unacceptable in my book.

7. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also, if someone bought the Superion add on kit and got them in stock, in the US, like say oh I don't know...Toyarena...TFsource claims that they didn't get them direct from FP, however, they still have to go through customs. And it should take longer if these retailers bought from someone that bought from FP, AND they would probably be more expensive.

I do not buy that excuse...

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Makes sense, and probably explains why BBTS hasn't gotten the set in either.

9. twichy

twichy Well-Known Member

i've had bad experiences with waiting around while their expected release dates past due, but this is just ridiculous. i'm done with tfsource!

10. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

So now that they're in customs, how much longer then?

11. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

Depends on how long it takes for customs to decide they want to get off their ass and do their damn job! :rolleyes:  Nobody wants to work anymore.

12. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    After all this BS I'm done with TFSource as well, they are always passing the buck off to someone else on the blame game. They need to start air shipping like ToyArena. I'm also sick of TFsource and the lack of response I receive from them, I emailed them last Thursday still no response, and emailed them again this Wed and nothing, it is completely unacceptable to not email your customers back in a timely manner, and I personally consider it disrespectful. TFSource has lost all my future business, time to support California and ToyArena a bit more

13. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for posting that dude. I have both items on preorder at bbts, but I don't mind the wait :)