TFSource not replacing or refunding my broken items

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by toretilo, Jan 15, 2012.

1. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    (SOLVED) TFSource not replacing or refunding my broken items

EDITED: TFSource customer service worked and they sent me replacements for the broken parts so I could fix the figures.

[​IMG]
    The mailman brought me home the parcel and it was apparently ok so I signed the delivery, when I open the big box I found the three insecticon boxes destroyed, without opening them I can see two headless robots (maybe just popped off) and one broken body, haven´t opened yet to check weapons and stuff. I went to my post office to claim but spanish service does not guarantee the item condition, that´s up to the sender, they always suppose poor packaging on the seller's part.
    I sent an email to TFS telling them I´m going to send them it to replace cause it´s broken and they say they are not responsible for the damage caused by the shipping service selected by the customer so not to return the order. Well, I just could choose the delivery speed, there was no insurance option or anything. For me the seller has failed to supply an intact item and I deserve a replace or refund. The circumstances of how it happened are irrelevant, they should have an insurance to cover their ass, I paid the shipping cost to them so they should be responsible for the item until I get it in good condition, what did not happen.
    I feel like a fool cause I´ve just found that if I had bought it on ebay, even to TFS themselves, Paypal would cover broken items, but not out of ebay, just non received items, and TFS was selling the insecticons on ebay.
    Do you think there is anything I could do? I haven´t opened them yet, maybe it´s just a body crack that I can fix with superglue.
    Tore Tron's Photos | Facebook

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Looked at your boxes and holy crap thats bad. I cant believe they are not doing anything to help you out. I cant think of anything you could do but try emailing them again and hope for the best.

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

That sucks! Looks like your mail man ran the package over a few times and then punted it into your house. Yikes.... I wouldn't of even signed for that package.

However, I am kinda confused. If the boxes look like that; wouldn't the shipping box look pretty bad too? The package it was in must of been flattened:crazy: 

4. toretilo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Forgot to say that I sent a second email a week ago but haven´t get a response.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  5. comacaz

comacaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When you said destroyed I didn't think it would be that bad but DANG. That is destroyed. I guess the only think to do it to email them with photos and tell them that they never gave you the option of the insurance. Hopefully that will get them to replace them for you. Sorry man :/

6. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Holy shit... no bueno.

The only problem I can see is that, if it's the post office that delivers poorly like that, then the exact same thing could happen again with replacements.

7. toretilo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As strange as it could seem, the outer box semed ok to me, later I saw that it had some bended marks but it had been given its original shape

8. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ouch, sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation, man. That really does suck. Hope they rectify this, and pronto. And to think I had been thinking about giving TFSource my business even after that whole stolen credit card fiasco they had not too long ago....

9. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would definitely email them those pictures if you haven't already

10. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

This' I guess im not shopping there

11. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

That's pretty piss poor. Hopefully enough of a ruckus is raised here to help your situation along.

12. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    It is true that a merchant cannot control what shipper does to your package once it leaves their possession. At that point the responsibility to get it there in the same condition as it was when it left is indeed the responsibility of the shipping carrier, because the carrier is its own separate entity.

However, when dealing with expensive items, merchants should offer either A) Shipping insurance options, or B) replacements for damaged merchandise, because that's just good customer service. It completely blows that your items were destroyed, and nobody seems willing to help you :( 

I hope this gets resolved in your favor!

13. toretilo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did, in the first email.

I´m am curious to what do other sellers do when this happens, replace or skive off.

14. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

I had a similar experience with a MOSC Slugslinger I bought on eBay. Fortunately, the toy inside was fine, and strangely, it was still sealed despite the plastic being bent, punctured (little holes, where I think the plastic tore, sheared kind of). I was upset, but the toy was fine, so I could accept it. It's not like I planned on displaying him in the box. Although it's never good, it's terrible to have both a destroyed box and toy inside.

15. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    I know of a fellow who bought some items online before Xmas, and the UPS man decided to deliver them by throwing them over his 6-foot fence. Once of the items was an all-in-one printer.

Fortunately the merchant stepped in and replaced the items.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    damn it looks like the mail man falcon punched them on to your porch. i hope you get things worked out .

17. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Wow! There is no way the outside box was in good enough condition for you to accept that. Either you just decided to take it and chance it or tfsource shipped those particular items to an international customer knowing the difficulty in the return. OR the postal service switched the boxes. The outside box should have the same kinda of damage if it happened in transit.

18. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    i would compain to the mail company and tell them because of the negletec and how my items where treated between a and b i am takeing yous to court make them hold up there responsiblity

did you know you cant even check the condition of most items with out signing so how do you know well thats in most countrys

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've challenged TFSource openly on these forums concerning their ethics during the Shadow Scythe debacle and their ownership of the credit card snafus but there is no way in hell Curt shipped out those boxes looking like that. The damage on those boxes was caused somewhere along the shipping lines. How exactly was it shipped and what were your options?

20. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    TF Source is so hit or miss with Customer Service. Some days, you hear outstanding stories. Other days, you hear stuff like this. My (completely personal and admittedly said way too much) advice: don't buy from them.