TFSource help!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rherk, Jul 16, 2009.

1. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:
    I don't know what to do at this point. I have always ordered my import Transformers from TFSource due to their good prices, great shipping and they usually got their items in a timely manor. As of late, they have been very slow in getting their items in (particularly the new Alternitys). However, my problem is, I've sent them 2 emails with a status update and they refuse to respond to me. Does anyone know any other way to contact them or had similar experiences with them? I am very bummed cause I liked doing business with them but I think this is the last straw. I would rather pay a couple bucks more for an item in order to get better customer service.

2. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've never had anything but great responses from Curt and his crew .. I wonder if something about your emails is getting kicked to a spam filter or something on their end because it doesn't sound like the kind of service they provide .....

3. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:
    That is usually the case for me. I guess I'll try one more time but I've always used the same email address.

4. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    try using a different email address...i signed up using my AOL address and i never get email from them because AOL treats them as SPAM...so try a different domain from what you have been using...they could also be really busy...

5. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have had requests for status take up to a week or even 10 days to respond. I think it's like a lot of these group, reprolabels for example, just have gotten to big for the amount of people they have. I can say nothing but good things about them. I went to them for all masterpiece seekers and grimlock and couldn't be happier. I have bought from them 4 different times and they are very good to deal with.

6. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
  7. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I asked a question about two weeks ago and haven't heard anything either.

8. twichy

twichy Well-Known Member

i'm tired of tfsource myself because the 2 times i've ordered from them the release dates they gave for the items were way off... still waiting for the superion limbs; which they originally had as listed for may. here the response they gave me when i asked them about it:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

Our site has listed the estimated release date for 10 years now. So this is nothing new. Toyarena is guessing, the manufacturer gives a release month or a release quarter and very rarely a day…however that doesn’t include the time it takes to ship from them to the warehouse, then from there to us, which can take anywhere from 5 days to 3 weeks. Why don’t you track toy arena’s accuracy? I’m sure they are guessing, and just trying to seem accurate. If they put May 5th for the toy, then maybe May 15th when it doesn’t happen, then May 25th, then June 5th, then June 15th… as a customer what would you prefer? Once May passed and it didn’t happen on this toy, we emailed the manufacturer and now they’re saying June, it could get updated a dozen more times and they won’t tell anyone until the date passes, sometimes then they only say delayed. That’s how the industry (not just takara/tomy) works.

We’ve been doing this for a decade, longer than anyone and as long as BBTS, since most of our customers are like you, and don’t know how it works, it’s safer to put a month since that’s all the manufacturer will give and even then, with transit times to the US, the total lead time is far more variable since customs clearance, Takara/Tomy’s slowness, and a dozen other variables could influence the final release date. We could also always put a month later than we currently do, and make you feel better if you get it earlier, but that may also be misleading.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Curt
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. the reference to toyarena is becuz i had asked why they were giving a specific date of june 20th for the item.
    2. the highlighted bold part is what really got me mad, cuz he talking down to me.

so over all i'm done with tfsource, and just to note i got an email from toyarena on july 15 saying they got the superion limbs in stock and ready to ship... but since you can't cancel a preorder with tfsource i'm assed out. another cool thing i learned about toyarena is that they are basically down the street from me and i get my orders quick in the mail.

9. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    This. And that is why I shop at BBTS. Far and away, the best customer service online toy retailer out there.

10. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    jeez.. just wait. I preordered Alternity Superblack Prime and it's still under preorder. I am in no hurry of getting it, when it arrives, it arrives.

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Oh man, that thread was hilarious.

12. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I'm sorry I don't see what you're so mad about, as he wasn't talking down to you. Curt took the time to explain how the process for receiving imports works. Since you were inquiring about the delay, he can safely assume that you did not know how the process works. Remember not every online toy store is going to get an item in on the same day.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  13. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Motermaster, its no point some ppl just are in a certain way.

TFsource and Curt is great and if I order new stuff from them I will take it from them. BBTs dont write value down so for me as int Tfsource all the way.

14. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    This is how I took the response as well. I didn't see it as talking down to you, just explaining how the import business works.

On a side note, I've emailed TFSource a few times without hearing back. I just move on to someone who does answer my questions when that happens. No big deal.

15. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, you're mad at TFSource for something they have absolutely no control over; ie - when the manufacturer actually sends them an item?

And they definitely weren't talking down to you, just explaining the issue. Now, I'll grant, their tone seems a little harsh in that message. However, you didn't post the message you sent them, so we don't know whether the tone in your original message justified their response.

16. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Well, it's an issue of tact really. The response from the seller could certainly be more tactfull about it.

I'd probably lean more towards your look on things if I had not received a similarly tactless answer to a simple question at BotCon last year from TFSource.

I actually put down all the merchandise I had in my hands at that point and walked away. Sigh...I don't mean to sound like I'm ragging on them. They're one of the two "big" online reputable dealers for Transformers and I've gotten several well packed purchases from them.

All the same, I can't or at least won't ignore some of the issues or responses I've seen from them. It's all business to me and the internet has pretty wide aisles...

(also, it's extra suspect that op has a link to some other toy store in his sig and avatar...extra sssspicccciosssss)

17. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Lol, I didn't even notice that till you mentioned it. I would say that is a little more than suspect.

As far as the topic goes, I really like TFSource but their shipping time is sometimes a trade-off that you get for their (sometimes) better prices the fact that they have items in stock sometimes when BBTS is sold out. I have never had them not fill an order, and have always been happy with their service. I have just learned that the order will arrive when it is ready, and not to be concerned. If you need it right when it is released on the street, they are probably not the place for you right now. Hopefully they get better with their ship times, because it is probably costing them business, and time responding to emails. That being said, they have always treated me well, and are just a hair behind BBTS for me.

18. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:

19. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've emailed Curt late at night and gotten back and email at midnight. We're on different coasts.

Not sure why OP's complaint is all about, that^ is a pretty darn fast response.

Boat shipping + shipping back and forth across the continent takes a long time. It's no fault of TF Source that FansProject is sketchy about release dates, lots of places didn't know when that limb set was coming. I emailed Toy Arena, BBTS, and Peaugh all to see if they had a clue, none did. You certainly can't fault TFSource for that.

That being said, the fact that they are in the east and I am in the west means it's better for me to order from a west coast retailer. Can't fight geography.

20. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:
    My complaint is that I haven't gotten any response. Simple as that.