TFSource did something pretty GODDAMNED cool!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Now, before I start, I just want to say that this doesn't discount anyone's negative experiences or views because of them... I just wanted to post this, because it seems to have come at a time where we're all seeing a lot of posts about bad customer service.

It starts last April (Yes... 2011). I ordered the Coronation set for Universe Starscream, and it's awesome. Great product. Will NEVER take it off of my SS. However, it comes with adapter pieces so that the wings can actually rotate and fold around the cape, while keeping it's regular transformation scheme too.

The pegs on one of my wing adapters was broken out of the box. I glued it first thing so that I could at least check it out, but with all of the twisting and turning that that piece does, it occasionally does twist come off again which sucks.

Anyways, I emailed them before I even glued it together. It was my first transaction with them, so I god-honestly didn't know how they were going to handle it.

Anyways, never heard back from them to this day. Wondered why. Seperate orders, and even other things replaced. It was especially weird because I have never seen the product outta' stock.

I'd kind of just let it go, because it'd been so long, and was eve thinking about just saying fuck it and ordering another kit, since it's pretty cheap, but then I had something else happen:

Last Friday (Thursday night, but after midnight), I placed an order for some items. I decided over the weekend that I wanted to add a few items to the order, since I wanted them, and they'd add nothing to the shipping. It was the weekend though, so I couldn't do anything about it. I figured, if it hadn't shipped Monday, I'd email them to cancel it and reorder with everything.

Anyways, I get up Monday, and there was an email in my box at like 8am saying it'd shipped with tracking. Oh well, whatever.

But then the tracking didn't actually show on USPS until Tuesday (yesterday), because that's when it'd actually shipped, meaning I could've cancelled and added the other items Monday.

I was pretty bugged by that, and I sent them an email about that, and the replacement part from over a year ago.

I didn't get an email from them, and I just brushed it off, but tonight, at like 9:15, I got a call from a strange area code.

The person said, "Is this Theodore Duckett?"

"Yes"

"Hi, this is ____ from TFSource. I got forwarded an email from customer service and wanted to apologize to you personally and explain what's going on..."

I didn't even say anything, but then HE said what I'd written in the emails damned near verbatim, and it turns out, they were sending emails to my email for like a month and a half, but they were getting not deliverable messages back, and then, they had sent the item out towards June after not being able to contact me.

The reason I didn't get it is because I moved in June, and it was sent to my previous address.

So they're shipping that out to my address tomorrow, and with the rest of the stuff I wanted to order, they're just letting me pay normal price and refunding the shipping.

Anyways, I just wanted to post that, because that was seriously well above and beyond and out of this world customer service.

Kudos to them for that. Definitely unexpected, and I thought I'd just post this and share, because it's plain positive.

2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFSource is pretty good about helping folks out. Glad it all worked out for you man :) 

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFSource are good people in my opinion; I've used them for years! It's just unfortunate that hackers decided to attack them, and we the fan base have never forgiven them (tfsource) for that.

What happened to them could of happened to any online site. Sony, Microsoft, Steam, Amazon, Paypal, CNN, Twitter, Facebook, THE IRS, THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS, FBI... you name it, all sites that have been hacked.

When UT was hacked, the hackers got a ton of info (My sisters and mine too), but you didn't see me burning down the school. Hacking is just an unfortunate reality of doing business online.:2c: 

4. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Yea, it was really cool. I was definitely surprised by the call though. Just plain good stuff.

5. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Awesome. Glad to see the customer service. It's a shame about them being hacked twice as it cost them a fair share of customers. I'm glad they are taking good care of existing customers.

6. mikenoynoy

mikenoynoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Shock and Awe....

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Good to hear they hooked you up. Still won't shop there, but glad to see that they went the extra mile for someone. When there are choices of companies to do business with, the service definately helps out.

8. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Very refreshing to see a positive thread about TFSource.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Cosign here. I've had nothing but good experiences myself.

10. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Fixed*

11. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Might've just swayed me, TJD, to use TFsource on a couple of things that (baby allowing) might make it my way. I'll take great customer service over the cheapest price any day, (and I only paypal.)

12. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Surely people can just use PP if they are worried about their credit details?

I too have had good customer experience, once for replacing a faulty item (sent at their cost to the UK) and again when they recognised my name tag at Botcon as having been an online customer. Good stuff, friendly people.

13. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Yeah never hadea problem with Tfsource either..and if ppl have a CC why not just start a paypal account and you dont have to worry about CC hacking. Sure if you hate paypal and will never join them then you are forced with CC paying but that info can get stolen from any site just like chris mentioned.

Or you get another CC with a seperate account that is used for online buying were you transfer money to when you are going to pay for something or something is going to be drawn.

To protect yourself is not that hard if you just think.

14. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    ^Good suggestions, and not to completely derail it, but it comes down to trust when it happens twice. I like to use my CC for most of my purchases as opposed to paypal that I have tied to my bank account (and don't use much) incase something does happen and I have that overdrawn. Also not about to get a second CC (hell I don't get Macys cards, gas cards, etc). Sure it isnt the first time (and likely not the last time) that my CC info will be/has been stolen, and although it is an inconvenience when it does happen, I won't put the blame (atleast the first time) on them, but the aftermath the second time got me. There are always choices in retail, and for better or worse, I have made mine.

Again, it is nice to see them look out for TJ, and really go the extra mile, or even miles and miles for him contacting him by phone. It is an impressive job in satisfying a customer that you just don't see these days, and does move them up quite a bit in my book.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'm surprised the order process doesn't clearly state the delivery address ?

Bit of an oversight - I think you have to remember to keep you detail current when you place orders from companies as things like Credit card expiry dates change over time.

Anyway it really is not a good idea to pay TFsource direct anyway or let them have you credit card details on file - best to pay with paypal using your card as a the payment method. then your double protected. that applies to anyone who your not sure of especially if they are not located in your country.

Anyway one good thing about TFsource is they do pack things better than say iGear do.

16. NIMISISKRASH

NIMISISKRASH DESTROY ALL TOYZ

It's always a good feeling to feel you are and your hard earned money is appreciated.i know it's not about the money but the principles. Don't know if its the same dudes from tfsoruce that I met at the only tf con NYC has had back in 04 or 05 but they was cool and not like a lot of theses " fandom " can be aka fuckboys!! Great to hear these kind of story's tj instead of the I hate/why do u like g1 and so forth.

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    So...

Why do you like G1 then ?

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I never had any issues with TFSource. Their customer service is top notch. They only started irking me when that Encore Devi thing happened and they started following BBTS's higher pricing practices.

19. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Ha, couldn't be more right on that account my friend.

20. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I'm trying to say this in the most polite way possible, but if you read what I'd wrote, you'd see that I'd moved/updated my info AFTER they sent it to me. I didn't know they had contacted me about sending one, bc apparantely I wasn't getting their emails. If I'd seen contact, and it was close to my move-in date, I would've easily just given them my new address.

And,as other mentioned above, it does seem Paypal's the easiest way to go in terms of CC hacks. For whatever reason when I started shopping there in April, I just used the paypal option bc that's what I was used to and more comfortable with. At the same time though, I don't think anyone should be made to feel like they made a wrong or naive decision by putting their information on there either. It's just a random thing that occasionally happens online, and it happened to be TFSource that time out of a million other online companies.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012