TFSource Customer Survey

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BraveMax, Feb 25, 2010.

1. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    I'm assuming a fair percentage of people here (anyone who's bought from TFSource) have seen the survey TFSource has been sending around... I'm curious - what're your thoughts on it from an effectiveness standpoint?

As someone who does CRM, Change Management and Process Management for a living, I've seen hundreds of surveys aimed at specific customer segments. I'm curious to know how good a job the audience they were targeting thinks the survey does of capturing information. Were the questions well-worded? Confusing? Did it ask information you didn't have on hand? Did you just guesstimate? Did you find yourself entering lots of information in the "other" boxes?

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Yep, had to guess a lot of it. I sure as hell don't know how many toys i bought last year :lol 

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, some of the questions didn't really help. for instance, the web site layout questions.... they should have informed you "we are going to show you 3 different web site layouts" instead I was caught off guard. I wouldn't mind TF source selling different action figures because Transformer fans more then likely collect multiple lines.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The whole thing could have been summed up with two questions - "how are we doing" and "should we sell other crap too".

5. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    It's especially interesting to me that this was done in conjunction with Kellogg students. I imagine this was more a project for them than him - which makes the earlier questions (how much do you spend, on what, how many does that get you, etc...) more interesting to me.

Ironically, I also felt those were the most poorly-worded questions. Either they feel that the value in the survey lies in how fans PERCEIVE their spending (which would imply to me that they have some means of determining a number for how much we ACTUALLY spend), or they're not very good at building surveys...

Certainly I agree with chrisr291 that the layout questions weren't set up very well... It was hard to see exactly what they wanted from you from the wording, so I imagined people just guessed. Most people probably guessed correctly, but good survey architects know better than to leave the meaning of the question ambiguous without a good reason...

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I gave up, couldn't be arsed trying to work out, even guesstimate, how much I'd spent on differing categories. Having to take a wild guess at a lot of the answers is going to result in a not very accurate end result.

Questions were way too specific, MMM sums it up perfectly.