TFSource Canadian delieveries on hold

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fishdirt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From facebook:

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, I'm in the same position and getting ready to send out an e-mail to the affected customers for whom I have packages packed that were intended to go out. The only shipments for Canada that the USPS will currently accept are Global Express Guaranteed, which is handled by Fedex, and therefore not part of the strike concerns.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully it will all come to an end tomorrow. I have several hundreds of dollars of Botcon toys sitting in the mail system waiting to be delivered.

4. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    One can hope. It's certainly a lousy situation for all the Canadian folk who have no say in it...

5. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    ?? I shipped a box to Canada last week and they gave me no trouble - is this a recent development? Like, over the weekend?

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Strikes been going on for a while in a rotating no work fashion. I think it's become too backed up now to make any sense for the usps to keep sending stuff there.

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Basically to sum things up.

-Canada Post and the workers have been back on forth on a couple issues while working on a new contract.

-Workers voted to strike, no one cared.

-Workers went on 24 hour rotational strikes and while some parcels were delayed, it was basically business as usual and no one really cared.

-After a week or so Canada Post insisted that sales were down and that they couldn't afford to operate because of this so they locked everyone out.

- Canadian Gov't stepped in right away and gave them the 48 hour notice they have to give before launching back to work legislation.

- Canadian Gov't is expected to pass the law tomorrow morning to make them go back, apparently the union and Canada Post are meeting again tonight since if the law does come into effect, a third party will determine who gets what and could really make it suck for both parties.

8. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Oh I knew about the strike and the rotating, but I didn't think USPS had stopped sending stuff there unless we used Global Express or whatever - the things I sent were for a fellow on the boards here and I just sent it cheap. The folks at USPS said "thanks" and gave me a receipt. I must have just squeaked in there before the clampdown.

9. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    The USPS stopping mail to Canada via anything other than Global Express Guaranteed was a measure that took effect on the 18th at the close of business, due to the complete shutdown of Canada Post. Anything in the system already will continue, it will simply sit idle until Canada Post operations resume.

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good thing I don't plan on having anything shipped to me soon...

11. Wheelie

Wheelie Riding on Grimlock!

I can't wait for this nonsense to end! I've got several things waiting to be shipped from TFSource & BBTS.