TFsource and BBTS

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by djmagic, Sep 2, 2008.

1. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

Alright guys i have had good experiences with bbts so far. But is Tfsource good? They have some stuff that i want and is about 20 bucks cheaper than bbts

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    TFSource is top notch.

3. djmagic

ok thx. Just curious. Will order some more alts soon

4. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFsource is excellent. They pack their items extremely well. However, the downfall is that if the item is a preordered item, you have to pay up front.

5. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Not anymore. They just overhauled their site and you can pay for preorders later now.

6. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh ok....that is news to me.

7. djmagic

looks like those two are good. Any other good places to order?

8. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are two best ones that I know of in terms of doing your TF shopping. They each have their strengths.

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFSource is excellent. Items are packaged well, ship quickly and arrive in great condition. Their prices are also a little bit cheaper than BBTS on a number of items, if you're looking to save money. My only complaint about them (with the pre-order thing no longer an issue) is that, in my experience, the level of communication isn't very good. For all of the orders I've made in the past, I've only ever received a confirmation e-mail from PayPal as a receipt; no order confirmation from TFSource, no shipping notification, nothing else until the item just arrives one day. It's not a major issue, since I know they're a reliable site and my stuff has always arrived quickly after they get it in stock.

Very glad to hear this; means I'll be doing a lot more business with them in the future. Having to pay for pre-orders right away kept me from ordering a lot of stuff from them because I wanted to make sure I got an item, but didn't want the charges on my card right away.

10. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The big draw for BBTS for me has been that I can safely preorder things, and if I happen to stumble upon the item in the store, I can take it off my list without any hassle. It's so freaking easy... I wish every online toy store had that system...

Chris

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Pure win!:thumb 

12. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

TF Source vs Big Bad Toy Store

Hey, fellow bots! Forgive me if this has already been discussed, as I rarely wander off from the Radicons forum (Radicons Ho!!!) and my search in this forum turned up nothing. I wanted to know which of the two aforementioned sites you all find more reliable, TF Source or Big bad Toy Store.

It's not often that I buy anything online, and I have never ordered from either company, but, like everyone else I assume, I REALLY want to pre-order the City Commander set before time runs out, I just wanted to know which company gets you the merchandise within the best time frame and in the best condition, or if any one has had any significant issues with them. Any input would be great. Thanks, guys!

13. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Both are equally good and probably the best TF online retailers out there.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I can't pick one over the other, both are great with customer service and shipping.

15. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I want to echo what Razorwire and Foster said. Never had a problem with either. Great customer service, communicative, and you get your stuff in perfect condition. And with TFSource recently allowing you to pay for your order later, rather than up front, they just went up a few more notches on the cool-o-meter.

But, if I had to choose one, I'd lean slightly in BBTS' direction. Their Pile of Loot feature is great.

And yes, I spelled Ron's name correctly. :p 

16. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No need to have two identical threads. Merged.

17. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I lean towards TFSource so NYAH.

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have Guardian Robot pre-ordered from TF Source, they did require me to pay up front at the time. Good thing too, I likely would have blown the cash on the gf otherwise. :lol 

19. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Sorry. I was sure it didn't go to in Radicons, but I wasn't sure where else. :lol 

Yeah, I don't mind paying for something like this up front, just wanted to go with the most reliable. TF Source it is for me! Thanks, fellow bots.

20. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I used BBTS to get stuff TFSource doesn't carry. I also take great advantage of their Pile of Loot system. I won't ship a pile until it is a few hundred dollar pile.

Anything I wanted that was already out or WST Dinobots I bought from TFSource. I also pre-ordered items I had the money for now that were supstantially cheaper there.

TFSource was better prices, smaller selection, pay now.

BBTS Larger selection, pay later, and save on shipping buy shipping several orders together.

Now with TFSource having a pay later feature, TFSource is better, but BBTS is not worse, so it is win-win. Although Curt would let you add stuff to existing orders and let you just pay the difference in new combined shipping.

With TFSource having pre-orders you don't have to pay for, that makes them all the better, but doesn't make BBTS any worse.

That said, I would suggest TFSource for one reason. The last several years he has had stocking stuffer gifts for his customers at X-mas. So make a few purchases there this year, before X-mas so you can qualify for the free Stocking stuffer, should he do that campaign again.