TFsource 8-11 SourceNews

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Zoltaire, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Zoltaire

Zoltaire TFsource Emissary

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

In this issue of the SourceNews:
    1) Finally, Superion Aerialbot Add-on Kit from Fansproject Arrives!
    2) e-hobby Black Version Convoy - Nemesis Optimus Prime - Preorder Up!
    3) City Commander Trailer Set Rerelease + TFX-03 Accessory from Fansproject - Preorder up!
    4) TFC-005 Gear of War 2 LED Set - Now up for Preorder!
    5) Transformers Generations Volume 3 - Skids & Screech 2-piece set!
    6) SDCC San Diego Comicon 2009 - Transformers Exclusives!
    7) New MP-08X Masterpiece "King" Grimlock - Special Edition Figure
    8) New WST Preorders from Justitoys Up!
    9) TFsource Monthly Special - Impossible Toys Quint Sale!
    10) Alternity Series - A-03 Bumblebee & Cliffjumper - Preorders Up!
    11) Encore #19 Big Mission set #3 and Disney Label Donald Duck
    12) All instock & Preorder Transformers Links

===============================================================
    1) Finally, Superion Aerialbot Add-on Kit from Fansproject Arrives!
    After much a-do, the highly anticipated Superion Aerialbot Add-on Kit from Fansproject is now instock!

We've already started getting these ready to ship out, and will start shipping out immediately. The good news is looking at the set, it's definitely worth the wait! Great display packaging complements this already stellar piece, and if you haven't ordered yet, now's the time!

We also know this one was significantly delayed, and we are working to ensure that TFsource receives goods from Fansproject on all future releases in a more timely manner, and they have given their word that this type of delay won't happen again. The G3 Trailer is already on its way as well, so if you haven't preordered it yet, combine ship both and save on shipping!

[​IMG]
    Superion Aerialbot Add-on Kit from Fansproject - Now Instock!

2) e-hobby Black Version Convoy - Nemesis Optimus Prime - Preorder Up!
    e-hobby is back with what may be one of their most sought after exlusives to date! The e-hobby Black Version Optimus Prime (Nemesis Prime) is now available for preorder, and slated for a Jan/Feb 2010 Release.

This impressive piece is recolored as Japan's Black Convoy, an autobot version of Optimus Prime. This set will include new packaging exclusive to this set, and an exclusive comic, as well as a very nice looking recolored figure. Preorder yours today!

[​IMG]
    e-hobby Black Version Convoy - Nemesis Prime

3) City Commander Trailer Set Rerelease + TFX-03 Accessory from Fansproject - Preorder up!
    Fansproject's ever popular City Commander Trailer set is now available for preorder, including a new TFX-03 City Commander Add-on Kit! Set includes both pieces, and the new TFX-03 set includes a new rifle with two modes, four missiles and two launchers. Best of all you can purchase just the kit, to accessorize your already popular city commander trailer set, or buy both! preorder both today, slated for an October, 2009 Release.

[​IMG]
    City Commander Trailer Set + TFX-03 City Commander Add on kit

TFX-03 City Commander Add on kit

4) TFC-005 Gear of War 2 LED Set - Now up for Preorder!
    TFC Toys has announced the next Gear of War set - and best of all this set includes LED lights! TFC-005 Gear of War 2 LED Set features an Alternity A-01 rifle with detachable LED attachment, Classics style rifle with built-in LED and Movie style rifle add-on kit. Great for souping up your Alternity Convoy, ROTF Prime, Henkei/Classics Prime, or Buster Prime!

[​IMG]
    TFC-005 Gear of War 2 LED Set

5) Transformers Generations Volume 3 - Skids & Screech 2-piece set!
    Next in line in the string of Transformers Generations exclusives, the Transformers Generations Vol 3 Skids & Screech 2-pack! This set features Skids and Screech, two repainted skids figures in a green and red color scheme. Rumored to be extremely limited, these two pieces are available for preorder now, as is the Transformer Generations Volume 3 Guidebook. Take advantage of combo pricing and save when you order both!

[​IMG]
    Transformers Generations 2009 Volume 03 - Exclusive Skids & Screech Set

Transformers Generations 2009 Volume 03 - Book

6) SDCC San Diego Comicon 2009 - Transformers Exclusives!
    Another year, another great San Diego Comicon! TFsource was fortunate enough to get a limited amount of two of the hottest SDCC Exclusives this year! SDCC Soundwave & Cassettes Set could be the most impressive Soundwave reissue yet, as he includes Ratbat, Ravage, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw all in amazing collectible packaging! Next is the Transformers Animated Megatron Bust! 6" tall and highly detailed, this piece brings the animated Megs we all know and love to life! Each piece is a set of comicon history, and we don't have many pieces to go around, and it is not known if we'll be able to get more in the future so have at them while they last! Both scheduled to arrive in early August.

[​IMG]
    SDCC Soundwave & Cassette

Transformers Animated Megatron Bust!

7) New MP-08X Masterpiece "King" Grimlock - Special Edition Figure
    Now up for Preorder! MP-08X Masterpiece "King" Grimlock is a special edition figure released in limited numbers, and features bells and whistles not found on the normal MP-08 release. He includes a crown, sword and gun with different paint applications. His coloration of the main figure also is done more to match the US Comic version of Grimlock, and will also come in custom collectible packaging paying homage to the US comic series as shown! Keep in mind this is not a mainstream release, and is not available directly through Takara/Tomy and is priced based on this, so it will likely be a very limited edition release. Bring on late night with the "King"!

[​IMG]
    MP-08X Masterpiece King Grimlock - Special Edition!

8) New WST Preorders from Justitoys Up!
    Just announced! The popular WST line by Justitoys continues, with two new offerings: WST Military Operations Commander! and WST Communications Liaison! WST Military Operations Commander includes a custom fist that works with Bruticus and other combiners so that they can aim him at incoming foes, and WST Communications liaison is smaller sized but maintains the same high level of attention to detail Justitoys is known for! Both are slated for a tentative September release, and are very affordable custom pieces!

[​IMG]
    WST Military Operations Commander! - just $15.95

[​IMG]
    WST Communications Liaison! - just $12.95

9) TFsource Monthly Special - Impossible Toys Quint Sale!
    [​IMG]
    Fortify your Quint army with this sale! Impossible Toys Quint-01, Quint-02, Quint-03, Quint-04, Kremzeak and Spike & Sparkplug figures are all on sale for half or less their normal prices! Whether it's stocking up your quint army, building a diorama featuring Spike and Sparkplug Witwicky, or making a nightlight of Light up Kremzeak, head on over to the Impossible Toys Sale and Save!

10) Alternity Series - A-03 Bumblebee & Cliffjumper - Preorders Up!
    Next up in the ever popular Alternity Series: A-03 Bumblebee - Suzuki Swift Sport Edition and A-03 Red Bumblebee (Cliffjumper) Version. This 1:32 scale figure features both diecast and plastic parts and the two color schemes of Champion Yellow and Red Pearl bring both Bumblebee and Red Bumblebee (Cliffjumper) to life. Scheduled for a November release, the preorders for these guys are now up. Furthermore preorder both today and save via TFsource combo pricing!

[​IMG]
    A-03 Bumblebee - Suzuki Swift Sport Edition - Champion Yellow

A-03 Red Bumblebee (Cliffjumper) - Suzuki Swift Sport Edition - Red Pearl

11) Encore #19 Big Mission set #3 and Disney Label Donald Duck
    The ever popular Encore series continues with Encore #19, Cassettes Big Mission set #3! This set includes some very popular cassettes: Frenzy, Rumble, Laserbeak and Overkill! Three of the four cassettes in this set have never been reissued before, so a great set overall. Also available for preorder and scheduled for a November 2009 release is the next in the Disney Label Series: Donald Duck! It appears he changes from a VW Bug to Donald and back. The Disney Label Mickey Mouse was a big hit and Donald should deliver up to the same level of expectations! Furthermore his VW bug is not just reminiscent of Herbie, but everyone's favorite G1 Minibot Bumblebee as well!

[​IMG]
    Encore #19, Cassettes Big Mission set #3! Frenzy, Rumble, Laserbeak and OverkillDisney Label Series: Donald Duck

12) All instock & Preorder Transformers Links

TFsource - In-stock Transformers

TFsource - Available Preorder Transformers

Become a fan of TFsource on Facebook! We've spent years building TFsource into an online resource for TF fans, and now we have created a page on facebook for our fans. We'll keep you updated on new releases and TF info, as well as any contests or promo's we run, some of which will be exclusively through facebook.

Also we want to hear from you, what do you like about TFsource and what can we improve. So log into facebook and become a fan of TFsource today!
    [​IMG]

Why go to the store when you can go to the SOURCE!

2. decepticon222er

decepticon222er Predacon

YES!.. definitely gunna get my hand on these!

3. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Neat.

4. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

A lot of great stuff there. It's just too bad I won't order any of it from them. As long as their communication with customers stays as piss-poor as it is, I'll take my business elsewhere.

5. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah I finally got a mass email from Curt this morning, blaiming errors in their email system for some customers not recieving responses to emails, I call bs

6. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

My stuff still hasn't shipped. LOL

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    it happens. really.

8. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I've never seen this happen on any of the accts on my companies servers, and we service MILLIONS of email accts

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    maybe your company has better servers.

TFsource, if they even have a dedicated server, may be using a low-end consumer model for all we know.

10. decepticon222er

decepticon222er Predacon

Are they really that bad??? I dnt thnk I will purchase then....Anyone else had bad service?

11. Devastattor

Devastattor Well-Known Member

Too bad to hear about the bad experiences with TFSource. I've always had great luck-Curt's been very responsive to my questions.

As for this thread, it's a little deceptive-the G3 trailer's not in stock yet. Wish it was though.

12. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I have, quite a bit. IT departments and server limitations and settings vary. It's not magic wands and abracadabra.

13. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never had to wait more than 48 hours for a response, usually less than that. Even on weekends.

14. Morthoseth

Morthoseth Member

I too have never had to wait longer than 2 days for a reply from Curt. I have, and will continue, to buy the majority of my TF's from TFSource.

15. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    TFSource are less than 20 miles from where I live. Instead of USPS Priority Mail, I accidentally picked FedEx Next Day Air on an order. They called me to discuss how to handle the mistake. They sent money with the order to make up the difference. There was also a transaction problem with an expired card. After reordering a product with a new card, they canceled a previous order. I have ordered several products from them and never had a problem with them. You can pick two out of three business practices from any company. They are, low price, quality products, and customer service. I am willing to pay higher prices for quality products and customer service. As far as I'm concerned, they meet the quality and service requirements.

16. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeah, I'm just a fan of bbts and their pile of loot and customer service, but every once in a while I've ordered from tfsource. they package their products immaculately, have good pricing, fast shipping, and great support. I had a missing piece to my city commander, photo'ed what was missing, emailed it to them, and within a few days had the missing piece!

17. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    No, they're great. Their website is messed up due to not being able to send e-mails via their website, so you e-mail them through their other e-mail addresses, either Curt's or the Shipping E-Mail address. They respond, have good customer service, if they didn't they would've been out of business long ago. One bad experience with a company doesn't make up 100% of all their transaction. For example, everyone loves BBTS, I dislike them very much, but that doesn't mean they suck. I've dealt with BBTS quite a few times and my order has been either messed up or I've been overcharged at times and yeah, they fixed the problem, but it took them such a long time. I'll never deal with BBTS unless I have to, but many love BBTS, it was just my transactions that didn't go smoothly.

18. Bodhar2000

Bodhar2000 Bodhar2000

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I remember BBTS having a lot of problems too with e-mail responses when I first did business with them in the late 90's. You have to remember that TFSource's new website is just a year old, so they may have some technical issues from time to time. I used to be an IT guy before moving to Japan and even big multi-million companies have computer problems too.

But really, I've had no problem ordering anything from either company. I've ordered the City Commander/Shadow Commander armor from TFSource and some Marvel figures form BBTS. They both pack well and ship in a timely manner. I just go with whomever is cheaper.

19. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Caved finally on e-hobby Black Version Convoy, but can't see how he's a Nemesis with that Autobot sigil. He'll be a 'good guy' in my collection as Nucleon Quest Convoy is.