TFscource or BBTS?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ORIO, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've ordered from both, and I've never had a problem. I guess it all come down to personal preference....

2. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    BBTS for two reasons: Pile of Loot and I order other stuff like GI Joes.

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BBTS > TFSource

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just BBTS, for me. For the following reasons:

- Pile of Loot saves me a lot on shipping multiple items, especially when I used to collect more non-TF stuff.
    - Able to cancel preorders. I have a lot of regular retail stuff preordered with BBTS and, while it is a little over retail, I like knowing that I'll definitely get it even if I can't find the item in stores or at HTS. And if I do find it, I can cancel the preorders I have.
    - I got caught in the credit card thing over at TFSource last year. I know it's not their fault, but I've been reluctant to shop there ever since, just in case.
    - Last time I tried to order something from TFSource (few months ago), their website was extremely slow and just wouldn't allow my order to go through. Decided I wasn't interested in messing around with that and went with BBTS.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

BBTS > TFSource because:

1) Pile of Loot: You get to save on shipping by shipping multiple items together.

2) Preorder: I can cancel preorder items with BBTS but not with TFSource. I regret preorder TFA black Rodimus w/TFSource because I've had change of mind but I can't undo my order.

3) Better customer service. I get my emails replied sooner.

6. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

I've never ordered from BBTS. All of my Online Orders have come from TFSource and I've had absolutely no problems with them. But I have been thinking about jumping ship to BBTS because of the Pile-of-loot. If TFSource got something similar to the pile-of-loot, they would rule all! IMHO of course.

7. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    BBTS.

8. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Sekai no Hakaishin

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    BBTS ftw!

9. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    I've ordered about 15 times through bbts and once from tfs (mun/exp). No prob with either. Not sure why so much through bbts, guess because I do other lines besides tf, but no complaints

10. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

they're both top-notch. the only thing that slightly edges bbts is the "pile of loot" option if you wanna bundle all your purchases together to save on shipping. other than that, it all boils down to whoever has the item you want cheaper.

11. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I have used both BBTS and TFSource many times and will gladly use either of them in the future.

12. arneld048

arneld048 Well-Known Member

I like both as well.. I choose tfsource more because I can use paypal on preordered items bbts won't let me

13. ElSnarfo

ElSnarfo Registered Slacker

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have used both.

I prefer TFsource though, Curt has been very polite in every bit of contact I had with him, answering product questions, pouncing on the rare defect issue immediately, offering well shipped products who are delivered (in my experience) with the speed of light.
    T
    As others have stated BBTS has extremely high shipping costs and the added customs fees you get as an international buyer really make BBTS a last resort option if you don't mind paying essentially twice the money for the same product (thanks customs fees!).

14. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like 'em both, but I really like BBTS' Pile of Loot feature, so I go with them more often than not.

15. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

BBTS gets more of my business, but the last few big items (Ninja and Kingbat, Shadow Scyther [no choice there ;P]) have come from TFSource. Ninja vs. Kingbat was actually my first TF Source purchase and I must say, they do a phenomenal job. Can't wait to get Scyther by the end of the year/start of 2011.

That said, I do have some other (but not a ton) of non-TF purchases. That, coupled with the Pile of Loot program, sends me to BBTS a bit more often.

It's like...well...do you want chocolate ice cream, or double chocolate ice cream? You'll be happy either way :p . I want to buy more from TFSource simply because they have such a solid program, and I'm trying to peruse their site more often than I had before.

16. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    I really like BBTS. Even though I've never used their pile of loot option, I'm still able to get new items without much fear of them going out of stock. I also like being able to choose from non-TF items as well, really nice getting new Joes and TFs at the same time from one spot!

I've never tried TF Source, I've got nothing against them, I'm just so used to BBTS now.

17. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    BBTS for the POL. I've been ordering from them since the first Optimus Prime reissue... before I had Internet. Lol. I did a phone order.

TFsource is good too. They sometimes have stuff BBTS doesn't. Like the Shadow Scyther set I snagged ;) 

Toy Arena is good too. They're based in Cali so paying tax sucks but they get stuff first..

18. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    I definitely like TFSource's sales over BBTS.

BBTS has some awesome clearances from time to time but their actual sales are kind of lackluster.

19. Skyfire21

Skyfire21 A Challenger Approaches!

Ebay:
    I've used both onlines sites, and while BBTS is fine (I dont use the PoL feature so its moot to me). I prefer Tfsource, they just ship faster and the package gets here faster, also the way the box is packed is perfect. So, I much prefer Tfsource, although BBTS is fine.

20. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I like them both, but prefer BBTS because of the pile of loot.