TFscource or BBTS?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ORIO, Dec 19, 2010.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Feel kind of awkward about posting this since both are sponsors of TFW. But, I'm curious. Which do you prefer?

I've been using BBTS for years and I love their customer service. Only downside is sometimes their prices can be a little high. Especially combined with shipping. But they have the Pile of loot etc...

As far as TF scource, I tried to order from them once, had a problem and emailed them. Never heard anything back. So I cancelled my order. But, a friend of mine in town is already enjoying his FP Protector armor. So apparently their shipping is faster.

Opinions?

PS: If this is not cool to discuss the site sponsors like this can a mod please remove thread?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i've been using both pretty regularly over the years and see no difference in service. The only thing that has pushed me over to BBTS is the POL feature. Once tfsource gets something like that, i'll probably go back to ordering from them more often.

BTW, shipping speed all depends on their suppliers but in the end, we are only talking days here. If you can't stand to wait a few extra days, order from Toy Arena lol. They are getting everything at lighting fast speeds:lol 

3. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    My first order from TFSource was during Black Friday for their deal on Alternity Convoy... everything went awesome and I will definitely give them my business again when future sales arise.

If HTS isn't getting my cash though, it's going to BBTS... can't beat the POL, what an excellent feature.

4. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I tend to go with BBTS more often due the convenience of their pile of loot option. However, I have ordered many times from TF Source and never been dissappointed.

5. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

In terms of services, both where of equal quality to me. I've bough often from both, and each time it was excellent.

BBTS have the nice PoL (though now you have a time limit to cancel stuff in you PoL), and it's a very convenient feature if you buy regulary. But as a Canadien, shipping from BBTS is far from cheap. The base shipping is quite high, so you need to have a good amount of stuff to make it worthwhile. And for some reasons, since they reworked their shipping system it's 99% certain that I'll I get hit with customs fee on top of that, so I try as much as possible to order elsewhere.

So between those two chances are that I'll go with TFsources most of the time if the product is available at both place.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    BBTS for me, for two reasons:

1. top notch customer service and packing that should be the industry standard ( sadly it isn't )

2. close by ( less than 400 miles) so i get my stuff fast once it ships. usually 2 to 3 days after i get the shipping notice.

7. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I order from both. But I order more from BBTS due to them having the POL service. If TFSource gets something similar, I would change over to them.

POL + Awesome Packing = Pure Win.

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Both, though I seem togo with BBTS mor often. No idea why. But I've had no issue with either, love and would recommend them both to anyone!

9. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    BBTS all the way for me. I usually wait till sale prices, but they have never wronged me, adjusted prices when things went on sale, very good to communicate with, and the POL seals the deal.

10. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Ditto for me.

11. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

both are great places to order stuff from, although it seems i've ordered more goods from bbts. i guess it depends if which place has a better deal. the only good thing i like about bbts is that if you want to cancel a preorder, you can no problem without any consequences. just in case funds might be drying up or you decided to not buy it. tfsource has that policy where once u preordered you can't cancel. i think that's the only thing drawing me more to bbts.

12. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The great customer service and pile of loot causes me to go with BBTS more often. They have always been helpful. TFSource has better packing, though, so when I want something they have exclusively or when I want to order something pricey, I go with TFSource. Oh, and because of the Credit Card info leak TFsource suffered at the beginning of this year, I will only use PayPal with them.

13. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    both, but usually tfsource, seeing as their stuff gets here a day earlier, and pre-orders don't sell out as fast since you don't have the option to cancel (bbts, that option rocks, but people pre-order FAST to just secure and decide later if they want it)

14. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've had nothing but good experiences with both, though I tend to use BBTS for most things. The Pile of Loot is the major factor since it saves me a fair bit on shipping. Plus I buy some non-TF stuff and TFSource doesn't deal in that.

15. MisfitRobot

MisfitRobot Robot Fighter

News Credits:
    same!

but when I had a problem with a TF, BBTS fix it vary fast.

16. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I used to but from both - maybe even more at TFsource. Over the last year I've bought almost exclusively from BBTS solely bc of the POL feature (for the same reasons everyone is mentioning).

17. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

I've ordered from both but trend more towards the Source. Love their packaging and they have great customer service.

18. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

depends on what they have in stock mostly, and depends on their "sales" too, i love bbts's sales. :) 

19. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

They both offer good customer service. I go with BBTS for my more common TFs and I go to tfsource for the pricey stuff. I always seem to get a nice C10-ish box from them. Both companies have a great staff and all my emails get a courteous response. If tfsource ever comes out with a POL feature, they will be the first place I go for sure.

20. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Level of service with BBTS is generally a little more polished, but in return, you often pay a little extra for that.