TFs You Cant Put Down

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CyberShadow, Dec 17, 2008.

1. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    OK. I am gonna have to apologise for this thread in advance. Usually, I am not a fan of the whole 'what is your favourite toy' type of discussion.

But, reading through here it seems that not everyone leaves these things in boxes on dark shelves. Like me, loads of you like to just pick one of these up to fiddle with while watching TV, on the phone, driving (not really), etc.

So, suggestions for me on this?

I like toys that are:
    - not so large, around Deluxe size or smaller
    - something intricate and a little complicated, with a cool transformation (and a fiddler doesnt need a simple change option) - outstanding bot and alt modes make any complex transformations worth it, and complicated transforming makes a better fiddler anyway
    - sturdy enough to be messed around with without bits popping off
    - poseable in bot mode
    - not interested in gimmicks (although pop out weapons are cool)
    - also not so interested in 'beast war type', changes from a robot to an animal figures, unless they are something special in both modes

Right now, my favourites for this are Classic Sunstreaker, Movie Crankcase, Classic Nemesis Prime, Altinator Swindle.

Looking for - original Buzzsaw and Ravage.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you have more patience than i, i find universe sideswipe (streaker) a bit fiddly round the arms TF to be totally funworthy.

my pick up and play toys are a bit simpler, of current toys mines animated jazz/BB/sentinel prime/voyager prime, universe seekers.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Cybertron Backstop- Simple transformation, many hours of contemplatng... What where they thinking!!!

Classics Mirage/ Animated Oil Slick- I love wirey robots

Beast Wars TM Rattrap- Just enough work for fun and small enough to fit in a jacket pocket.

4. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    not the smallest fig but BW TM Rampage is a lot of fun.

5. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    movi 08 BB or currently for me TFU Cheetor.

6. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    CS, I am with you on all those reasons to keep picking up a great TF, but that's only on paper....

In reality, I cannot put these new Universe Legends down!!!

I'm not a Legends guy, either... but wow these are awesome. Can't wait for the next wave, looks even better!

7. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Any of the Classics 2.0(not counting Cybertron repaints) or Animated molds so far.

Been a damned good year for me.

8. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    My "fiddle" TF's would be TFA Lockdown and TFA Voyager Prime. For some reason I am drawn to those two.

9. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My favorite hand candy lately has been the latest wave of Legends (Bee, Beachcomber, Brawn), Animated Grimlock and Cybertron Downshift, who has been the reigning champion of fiddletasticness since I got him a few years ago. There's just something about his transformation, proportions, parts fit andf colors that I find supremely pleasing.

10. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:

cybertron downshift ftw. i picked him up used couple months ago. a very awesome tf especially since his pea green paint matches the era car is emulating.

11. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I loves me some Legends. They're small enough so they can go almost anywhere with you, the transformations are cool and are getting more and more interesting as the line goes on, they span almost all the different generations, they've got mad articulation for something so small, and the price point and sheer number of guys to choose from can keep you pretty entertained.

12. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks for the suggestions so far.

The Sunstreaker arms do get some messing with to get right, but my fiddler TFs are kind of what the rubix used to be for me. Alt Wheeljack sometimes makes the list for the same reason, just playing to get everything lined up, but this guy is a bit too tough to be a lot of fun.

Classics Mirage is cool. I really want the Henkei version though, and that pushes up the price. Maybe I will committ anyway since he always gets a good review.

There are a load of BW suggestions, which to be honest dont do it for me so much. The old Dinobots, G1 Predacoons and Soundwaves cassettes are about as far as I go in the 'animal' TFs. Robot animals are cool, though.

I have a couple of the movie line, but they just dont seem to meet what I want and I cant quite work out why... On paper, they should be perfect. Maybe I will pick up Brawl and give them another go.

My list of Legends to pick up just keeps growing. I do like these little guys and they are great to carry around. They fill part of what I am looking for, but I also want something a bit more complex and poseable.

Cybertron Downshift just doesnt interest me. I think that the lame gimmick and the car just not being high on my cool radar kill him for me.

I have Acid Storm, so I will dig him out again, and have a look around for Movie Brawl and Classic Mirage.

Any more ideas?

13. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Animated Prowl
    Any Classics Seeker
    Classics Hot Rod

...and I caught myself playing around with Classics Roadbuster for an entire movie last night. So many panels, pose options, and weapon positioning.

14. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    beast machines vehicons: scavenger, strika, mirage gt, tankor.

stika for the pom pom guns, scavenger for the posable weapons and claws, mirage gt because the transformation is the ultimate in fiddly for a basic (you have to line up each of his ball joints to get it right), finally tankor because he's sturdy enough to fiddle with. Dig the roving eye and buzzsaws.

Best of all these guys don't cost that much at the tfw junkion exchange. You should get some of these at $4-$8 dollars each.

15. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I also catch myself playing with walmart only movie grindcore. he is a really sweet figure, transformation is perfect not to easy but yet i feel like i'm not going to break anything on him either. plus the blades in the tires are awesome.

16. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Right now I have sitting on my desk as I work: Universe 2.0 Springer & Ratbat, Classics Sunstreaker & Sideswipe, Animated Ultra Magnus, Universe Onslaught, Universe Fracture, Universe Silverstreak, Legends Megatron, Bumblebee, Jazz, Hound and Brawn. On the opposite shelf I have Animated Jazz, Universe and Animated Prowl, Animated and Movie Optimus Prime, Bulkhead Megatron and Universe Ironhide.

And they get transformed on a regular basis. It's a fidgeting thing for me too, it gives me something to do while I'm bored.

For ease, I would actually suggest some of the Legends class. They're tiny, but they're so easy to just transform and turn back without stuff really popping off.

17. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    as of right now its my Energon Superion Maxmimus gotta love the combiners :D 

18. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    I spend so much fun with BM Obsidian, he's so cool!

19. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Do you mean the claw that pops out? I don't like it either, but if you don't put the key in it stays neatly tucked away. I actually forget it's even there. He's even one of the few if not only Cybertron toys where even the key port is hidden by a little door. :)  But yeah, if you don't like how the car looks then you probably aren't going to like him overall.

20. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Ive brought Uni. Ironhide to work a few times to just fiddle with/pose/etc. all day. Also, I mess around with Classics Cliffjumper alot at home.