TFs Who Haven't Been Repainted: Why No Sharkticon (Energon) Repaints?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by B-Fox, Jul 9, 2008.

1. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    I'm sure this thread has popped up before - discussing which toys *haven't* been repainted and thrown into another toyline to represent a different character than was originally intended. We're getting a lot of these in Universe/Classics 2.0 as either "filler" or as store exclusives.

If one toy should, nay, DESERVES to be repainted and put back on store shelves for me to army-build for no real reason, I think that toy should be Sharkticon.

True,he wasn't a show character and maybe he couldn't decide if he was a shark or a submarine, but he was a member of the AEC/Unicron Trilogy "Decepticon Seafaring Altmode Club" and, in my opinion, one of the best figures in the Energon toyline.

So it's been five years and there hasn't been a single repaint of him. Skyblast, Strongarm, Arcee...they've gotten repainted, but not Sky-Byte's cousin? Blasphemy!

I wish Hasbro would do something with the mold, like paint it like G1 Gnaw and try to pass it off as "Quintesson Sharkticon" or make it into some other shark-themed character like Rippersnapper or Overbite. Heck, I'd take it colored lime-green and gray as a homage to Transmetal 2 Cybershark.

Anybody else have a neglected TF from the last few years they wish to see again in a new color-scheme?

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I would love a release of Sharkticon in Universe as Sky-Byte. Quite like to see them do something with Energon Bulkhead/Quickstrike, but I'm not sure as who.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Whirl and Tracer are the two really obvious ones for the Bulkhead mould as I see it.

And yeah, I'd certainly like to see Sharkticon rereleased as someone, if only because I never got a chance to grab him - as far as I know he was never released over here (along with Mirage/Dreadwing, Jetfire and Wing Sabre among others - all of whom I wanted to get hold of).

4. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    Sharkticon as Sky-Byte = Awesome, but I think they already share a lot of the same colors already. It'd kind of be redundant.

As for a Bulkhead/Quickstrike repaint... Spinister,maybe? The thing he comes with could be named after one of his Targetmaster guns.

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Why can I never remember the names of more than about four TF helicopters at a time? I had Bulkhead, Quickstrike, Springer and Sandstorm. Why couldn't I remember Whirl (who is due some love if Roadbuster's getting a decent mold) and Spinister? Is it because I never did get Spinister that Christmas so many years ago?

If Energon Bulkhead got repainted into Spinister and Whirl, I'd probably buy them both.