2D Artwork: TFs Vs. SWTFs!

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Jochimus, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those are awesome!

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ooh i like the devcon vs boba fett one.

4. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love that you used Sent Max and Obi-Wan... great all around choices on characters not the obvious G1'ers!

5. Jochimus

That's kind of what I was aiming for; in fact, I was trying to keep them in line with the Botcon/TFCC/"Universe" idea of multiverse cross-overs, which is why most of them use characters who have appeared in that continuity - IMO that would have made the idea of them meeting up with SW characters more practical. At first I didn't want to use Classics Optimus so soon, since there's no real indication that HE'S going to show up in the current Classics-related TFCC storyline, but as I said in the comments I posed on it, there was probably a subconscious influence that paralleled that great climactic panel in Marvel's TRANSFORMERS #4.

6. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

The Palpatine and Optimus one was excellent. the comments fit the art perfectly.

7. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

You know that artwork is more then just great it's inspiring; I don't know if you'd accept ideas from a lowly one such as I, but what the hell why not? I'm thinking General Grievous supplicating to either Armada or Cybertron Sideways with Unicron's optics hovering in the shadows above him. He's pledging eternal loyalty to Unicron after getting trashed by Sideways, any way it was just a thought; I like the SWTFs a lot too in the context of the Universe concept, so much so that I've incorporated the good Droid General into the Decepticon ranks.

8. Jochimus

Actually I have been thinking of something involving Grievous possibly going up against Cheetor; I also started pencils for something involving Luke's X-Wing, too.

9. Scrapper6

Wow; great minds think alike apparently; one of my other ideas was also him facing Cheetor, the question that raises however is, is Cheetor Maximal sized to Grievous's Autobot/Decepticon size or did Unicron jump him up to larger size? (Or Primus if you're like me and use the Universe concept to include both Gods.)

Do you consider the SWTFs' as Mecha or are they reformatted souls made into Cybertronian bodies? Just curious; your artwork is most impressive hope you don't mind I saved it for my collection.

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Those are really wild, dude. Executed well, too.

11. Phoenix Prime

Phoenix Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    damn, these are so good that now I feel compelled to by the SWTFs... THANKS!

lol

Seriously, awesome, my fav is Optimus vs the Emperor, for obvious reasons I think :) 

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Very nice! They're all great but I think the Bounty Hunter one is my fav.

13. Jochimus

Generally I consider the SWTFs as mecha, but the extent to which they could be called sentient would vary, depending on the circumstances.

In the comments I posted on the Optimus/Palpatine piece, I mentioned Palpatine's habit of jumping bodies after ROTJ (referring to the Dark Horse comics) because he had become that powerful (even though they've since "permanently" done away with him, but we all know how death and comics seem to work...). That's about the closest I think you could get to having a self-contained sentient TF-like figure in the SWTF 'universe'.

Now, another approach is the 'cyborg' angle you've got with Vader and Grievous, where they could probably just plug themselves into the ship like Mini-Cons and control it more directly like a Brainmaster or Sent Max or something of that nature. IMO something similar could also be used with Artoo and Luke's X-Wing: although Luke would probably be able to use the Force to control it, I figure Artoo could also plug himself into it and operate it independently of Luke if necessary.

As far as the straight-up 'battle suit' mecha approach, I figure that'd be more in line with the Fetts or Solo or the Clone Troopers, etc. Their mechs would probably be a lot more sluggish in performance than the rest, but between Fett and Solo they'd probably beef up their own mechs pretty good, so they could be at least comparable to Grievous, if not superior.

14. Scrapper6

Interesting thoughts; in my case at least for my TFU Fanfic where I've absconded five of the characters now I consider those versions to be the souls of the characters reformatted into bodies of Cybertronian designs. It might not make a whole lot of sense; or be a good idea for many fans, but I figure if they're going to be fighting in my version of the Universe war they can't be little humans running around with mechs.

Incidentally; your art coupled with my recent writing up of tech spec style bios for the SWTFs' in my Universe story has also made me want to get some more, problem is I don't have any cash. :lol