TFs retroactvely added to G1

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mako Crab, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was just wondering which Transformers/characters from post G1 sources have been retro-actively added back into G1? I was going down the list in my mind and came up with a few.

SkyByte- From RiD. Most recently added in IDW's "More Than Meets the Eye" comic.

Lockdown- From Animated. Shows up in G1 Drift's mini-series.

Lugnut- From Animated.

I'm not sure if War For Cybertron is strictly in the TFP aligned continuity or if it could be a prequel to G1 as well. It seems a lot of times like it could go either way. But if so, then Demolishor, Scattershot, and Slipstream are all now part of the G1 universe, which would be cool.

On the whole WFC thing- the preorder incentive for FOC is a skin of G1 Prime. I know the High Moon guys are taking most of their cues from G1, while Hasbro insists that the games are part of the TFP continuity. If so though, then why have a G1 Prime skin and not a TFP skin? Makes it all very confusing.

I wanted to say Barricade was retroactively added from the movies, but G1 did have its own Barricade. Though I think it's questionable whether the WFC Barricade was supposed to represent that guy or be a High Moon take on the movie guy (I'm leaning towards Movie guy just because G1 Barricade is all pink and blue. and WFC Barricade is black- a bit closer to his movie look.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

WfC Barricade isn't really G1 Barricade, since the latter is technically a primary colored F-1 micromaster and the two, aside from being completely ruthless bastards, are otherwise very different in personality.

However, there is another movie-esque bot who can be called G1 now as much as Lugnut since they appear in the same Autocracy image next to each other:
    [​IMG]

That's HFTD Hailstorm. Universe 2.0 Heavy Load, across from Hailstorm, also counts.

There's also Universe 2.0 Dropshot, who got his ass kicked by Kup towards the end of AHM. There's already a Dropshot in the G1 verse (micromaster), but since this is a different Dropshot...

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Because G1 Prime is more popular with video game buyers than TFP Prime. Offering a G1 Prime skin will sell more copies of a Teen-Mature title.

Also, the Barricade in WFC seemed more based on G1 Micromaster Barricade, than movie Barricade, to me, and I'm pretty sure it was stated as such.

Do you want to count Drift and Metalhawk, from IDW's G1? Or The Fallen? Or Turmoil? Because those were either new characters or, in the case of Metalhawk, a later G1-era series.

4. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    In all hail megatron, they took the Cybertron Defense Scattorshot mold repaint (grey and white missile tank) and put him into g1. I forget his name.

5. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Sure

6. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Drop Shot, who is more of a pale yellow and... septic brown.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Aww shit now i wish i had gotten Heavy Load. Even though i own Quickmix.

8. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

9. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I love seeing G1 getting new characters whatever the source.

I would definitely see War For Cybertron as being G1 based. I like to use my G2 Ramjet as Slipstream.

I like to think WFC Barricade is based on the Movie version. The original G1 had 2 Tracers, Sky Highs and Flames so why not 2 Barricades.

On topic, more G1 additions:

Device Label Tigatron

DL Cheetus

Rattrap in the Auto Assembly magazine. He was given an IDW style Spotlight story.

Cybertron Ransack was featured in the same comic. They've even shared a mold.

Vector Prime

Gobots such as Cy-kill and Bugbite.

10. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't be surprised of Bulkhead doesn't get added at some point.

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I don't know if I'd say that the black and white muscle car with a siren on top was supposed to be the blue and fluorescent pink formula 1 car under any conditions.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey man, that's what High Moon said, don't take my word for it.

13. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

And from the Ehobby Japanese Collection reissue series as well as Universe 2.0:
    Sunstorm
    Detritus
    Acid Storm

Also, are we just talking about new named characters or different characters with previous names reused? And if that's the case, where does the line get drawn? Because one could legitimately argue that WFC Scattorshot doesn't count because of the Technobot leader Scattorshot. In which case, neither does WFC Barricade.

Also, Metalhawk was a G1 Japanese character so one could also argue that he already was a G1 character and therefore not retroactively added to it. Unless we're now limiting this to US G1?

14. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Both. New characters with new names and New characters with re-used names. So Technobot Scattershot and WFC Scattershot are 2 different guys. Just as I'm sure Mini-bot Barricade is a different guy from WFC Barricade.

Nah, no limits like that. I think every TF show all the way up to Victory should count as part of G1 in this broad context.
    I would draw the line at the start of Beast Wars, despite that series being a direct continuation of G1.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hopefully Slipstream is added soon by IDW.

16. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

So then my next question would be what context are we counting as being "retroactively added to G1"? Are you essentially saying that because Scattorshot is in WFC that WFC is G1? Because Hasbro has a different take on that (and I know I'm starting to sound like Dom here). So by that token, because Slipstream is in WFC she is now part of G1? Obviously so far we're including:

WFC/FOC
    IDW's G1esque ongoing comic universe
    Any G1 Reissues (Ehobby, Encore, Collection, etc...)

17. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Bulkhead and Slipstream will likely be added to G1 at some point