TFs movies animated?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Black Oracle, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    What would you all think about an animated take on the TFs movie universe? With TFs: Animated now over, say the next cartoon series was heavily influenced by the universe created by the Bay TFs movies, a TFs series that uses the basic premise, elements and story of the movies, do you all think that wud be a good idea? Or wud it be better to just create a brand new TFs series using elements from previous continuities like Animated did?

Personally, I think the TFs movies offer interesting new story scope and potential to explore and develop. A movie-influenced TFs series could provide an opportunity to develop some of the TFs' stories and characters that didn't have a chance to be fleshed out in the movies. They could delve into the Cybertronian mystery surrounding the Allspark, the beginnings of the Autobot-Decepticon war, some of the personal stories of the TFs involved in the war, the revelation of Optimus's heritage with the original Primes, the events of the The Fallen's betrayal and the destruction of the first Primes, etc. I think there's plenty of material there to develop an animated series around. Or maybe a direct-to-video animated movie that explores the TFs' stories linked to the movies?

2. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I would not at all be opposed to this. As long as it was written fairly well. That's all I ask. They'd probably be better than the movies.

3. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    Could make a good accompaniment to the movies and ride on the success of them. I think a TFs movie-based animated series wud make alot of sense for Hasbro now.

4. not_prime

not_prime Still Sketchin

Sounds like you're suggesting Transformers pull a Clone Wars. I like it :thumb 

5. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Sounds cool. And maybe some pre-war stuff with Megs and Ops still on the same side. Acting like brothers. ^^

As long as they don't look like the movie-verse bots. As realistic and cool as it is, it wouldn't look that great in a cartoon and I really don't like their designs. >.<

6. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

The one problem I have with the idea is that the story would have to be limited to only things that would have no impact on future movies. Otherwise, I'd very much like this to happen.

7. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Personally I wouldn't want to see it. We've got the movies and the movie toys. I like the cartoon series to be different with different toys.

Plus:

All the people that hate the movies and hate the designs would be screwed and feel like they're getting force fed Bayformers yet again. I think it would just cause problems, plus I don't think those designs could be animated all that well.

No idea what the next series could be. If I could have any choice in the matter I'd love to see the Classics toys Animated in a CGI/Beast Wars kind of way. I love the toys and the designs, the characters are allready established. And at the risk of giving It'sStarScream a heart attack, I honestly do think a revamped G1 with new animation based on the classics/universe design would be amazing.

Yeah, I said it. And I still like the Bayformers too, lol. :D 

8. Simsplayer9

Simsplayer9 Wowza!

I think that's not a bad idea, I just hope they dont make it too much like a kids series (less action/violence, less language, etc.). I liked the movies for not being for kids.

9. neoprimus01

neoprimus01 Jackpot

not a bad idea...i wonder though, which network can do the series justice?

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Full justice? Probably Spike TV.

11. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

It would be interesting, but we already have the comics to cover this sort of thing.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like that idea very much, and I've seen awesome renditions of the movie designs in a sleek cartoony style, it would surely work.

BUT only if it's a new continuity, just based on the movie, to make sure that we won't get retcons.

13. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    I wasn't thinking necessarily of an animated storyline that would need to fit into the movie continuity. I was thinking more of a show just based on the movies' story elements.

Not sure how well the movie designs wud work in an animated form, they'd have to be simplified somehow, but i'm betting it can be done.

And yes, it would have to be a different new continuity from the movies to avoid problems with contradicting future stories and so the writing wouldn't have to be limited in any way.

I just had another idea also, if set on Earth, they could delve into some of the Autobots' missions with the NEST organization too.

14. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

in order for this to have my support the series would have to start off on cybertron and essentially be a prequel of the first movie in 07. The first season would end leading up to the original movie, the 2nd season will then hae to take place between movie 1 and 2 leading up to the 2nd movie, 3rd season will be the events after movie 2 leading up to movie 3 in 2012, and then from there you go on

15. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Instead of setting the animated series in various times and confuse people, just set the animated series after ROTF. This is a good time to explore since Megatron and Starscream are both around to lead protoforms to earth to cause trouble for the Autobots.
    Designs of dead Decepticons from TF1 and ROTF can be reused for new protoforms or they can be resurrected using shards of the AllSpark :
    Brawl, Blackout, Scoponok, Bonecrusher, Barricade, Frenzy,
    Devastator, Sideways, etc.
    I am sure there are more AllSpark shards lying around in various places.
    It would also be fun to see more Pretenders.
    For new characters, just use the names from the various repaints like Salvage, Bludgeon, Whirl, etc. and can also use characters from the games like Swindle, Longarm, etc.

16. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    ya prob spike or id say adult swim could as well

id deff liek to see a clone wars esque transformers movie series that would be aswsome each week a differnt story very ncie idea!! id even lvoe to see a g1 based series with revamped art design etc etc but with the g1 voice actors and such

17. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    That's what I want but not exactly, I want it to fit precisely with the movies timeline, it will also help Hasbro to unite the fandom and make it a stronger franchise.

18. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

A new take on the REAL Transformers?

19. red4

red4 Banned

I would like to see some Bayformers one-off Anime movies; same treatment they gave The Matrix and Batman Begins.

20. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    an animated movieverse tv series can follow the format of the Beast wars. Protoforms land and Autobots and Decepticons race to intercept the protoforms to see if the protoforms are Autobots or Decepticons.